Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2021-2022 Gear Sightings

13 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

I dont disagree regarding placement....Just the new Bauer swoopy swoosh logo that never should have been created in the name of "diversity", and "hockey is for everyone".  

It’s a bit rich isn’t it. Bauer raises prices to ever-increasing heights and wants the crown of inclusivity. As long as you’ve got the dough...

Edited by flip12

On 11/24/2021 at 11:37 PM, flip12 said:

It’s a bit rich isn’t it. Bauer raises prices to ever-increasing heights and wants the crown of inclusivity. As long as you’ve got the dough...

If you think Bauer has increased the cost of gear significantly, just wait for what CCM is doing in 2022... 

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, PBH said:

If you think Bauer has increased the cost of gear significantly, just wait for what CCM is doing in 2022... 

Oh dear. When do we get to see that?

Edited by flip12

3 hours ago, jkent27 said:

I’d buy a pair if the finished product looked like this!  Unfortunately I’m sure they’ll add some color or graphics. 

The translated text claims this is the finished graphics package. Bauer finally listened after teasing so many nice looking minimally cluttered prototype skates that looked far better than their finished counterparts.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, flip12 said:

The translated text claims this is the finished graphics package. Bauer finally listened after teasing so many nice looking minimally cluttered prototype skates that looked far better than their finished counterparts.

Actually the original Russian text doesn’t say that at all. They ask a question “Is the retail model going to look like this or it’s a bluff? Personally I have hard time believing that there won’t be the traditional yellow colour added.”

21 hours ago, SolarWind said:

Actually the original Russian text doesn’t say that at all. They ask a question “Is the retail model going to look like this or it’s a bluff? Personally I have hard time believing that there won’t be the traditional yellow colour added.”

That is the retail skate. It looks very good in person. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, PBH said:

That is the retail skate. It looks very good in person. 

Assuming you have seen it in person, are there any noticeable or demonstrable updates/upgrades from the 2S PRO or Ultrasonic?  It looks a lot like an Ultrasonic skate with a new graphics package.  Anything truly set this apart besides the "new" $1000+ price tag?

3 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

Assuming you have seen it in person, are there any noticeable or demonstrable updates/upgrades from the 2S PRO or Ultrasonic?  It looks a lot like an Ultrasonic skate with a new graphics package.  Anything truly set this apart besides the "new" $1000+ price tag?

I have seen it in person.

It's basically an Ultrasonic v2.0 with some considerable upgrades. Changes to the tongue, liner, foams, modified facing to allow for even more forward flexion, and moved to a full carbon boot without CURV. 

On 12/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, PBH said:

It's basically an Ultrasonic v2.0 with some considerable upgrades. Changes to the tongue, liner, foams, modified facing to allow for even more forward flexion, and moved to a full carbon boot without CURV. 

Has Bauer set a release date? Apologies if I missed that elsewhere...

On 12/25/2021 at 8:05 PM, Miller55 said:

If I wouldn't have already jumped ship to true I would be all over those puppies. 

Makes two of us.  So far True has been the best skate I’ve ever had so I’m not looking back even though it’s a nice looking skate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PBH said:

The same time they release Supreme skates every other year 😉 

They will probably release them in the spring, and consumers will be able to buy them sometime in 2023.  Just like everything else due to supply chain shortages.😪

On 12/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, PBH said:

3D lasted CURV is what really set Bauer's top skates apart from the others.  Guess it was only a matter of time seeing it was a licensed product and we're seeing the disappearance of Flexorb from protective and XRD from their Hyperlite helmet.  It will be interesting to see what their new quarter package is.

On 12/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, PBH said:

The knock on Bauer for a while has been each iteration of skate is just the previous one  with a new hat. When you say ultrasonic v2, do you think it’s just more of the same? 

3 hours ago, start_today said:

The knock on Bauer for a while has been each iteration of skate is just the previous one  with a new hat. When you say ultrasonic v2, do you think it’s just more of the same? 

Yes. IMO, it's an improvement on the Ultrasonic, but nothing significant has changed other than the selection of materials and some refinements. 

• Like 1

Heard a story from my area manager about Evgeny Kuznetsov going into the Rockville Pure Hockey and buying a pair of 3XPro skates because he "doesn't like the stiffness of the Hyperlites." Didn't believe they would actually see game action, and then I see this from today. 3XPro, Carbonlite steel.

This guy really is one of us. Apparently he also buys 40-50 rolls of Renfrew tape at a time because he likes "the green core tape" lmao

FJPwSGeXEAIoZL1?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by EBondo
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, EBondo said:

Heard a story from my area manager about Evgeny Kuznetsov going into the Rockville Pure Hockey and buying a pair of 3XPro skates because he "doesn't like the stiffness of the Hyperlites." Didn't believe they would actually see game action, and then I see this from today. 3XPro, Carbonlite steel.

This guy really is one of us. Apparently he also buys 40-50 rolls of Renfrew tape at a time because he likes "the green core tape" lmao

Nice find.   I guess he can afford to pay retail.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, EBondo said:

His custom pro spec skates are probably more or less 3x pros. But with the skate shortage, the closest to his specs is probably a retail 3x pro.