Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2021-2022 Gear Sightings

5 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

IMO if you are losing connection to the back half of your skate blade it is a technique problem and not going to be fixed by anything like we are talking about.  

I get where you are coming from, but I think it’s more a gear tuning problem. If the boot’s flex and the blade’s pitch and profile work with you rather than against you, it won’t matter. Should you adjust your technique to your gear or your gear to your technique? Sometimes the match is so far off it’s better to adjust your gear in my opinion. Not that I think that’s why NHLers are tucking tendon guards, just that it’s another possible mechanism for altering skate performance; tucking as possibly helping rather than hindering.

Edited by flip12

5 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Owen Power in CCM mitts but Bauer everything else, figured he'd be in all one or the other since they tend to sign these young kids to sponsorship deals pretty early on.

62548887dcb47.image.jpg

He was wearing ccm pants at practice in Toronto 

E8WXSll_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 1

Having a hard time posting the picture on mobile, but Tage Thompson switched to a newer iteration of the True Calayst skate. Any guess as to when we can expect a release? Holding off on re-ordering Trues until they come out. 

7 hours ago, jared9356 said:

Having a hard time posting the picture on mobile, but Tage Thompson switched to a newer iteration of the True Calayst skate. Any guess as to when we can expect a release? Holding off on re-ordering Trues until they come out. 

Looks like grey accents instead of yellow and a slightly different graphic design. Did the other catalyst skates have ‘pro’ on them? Either way, they look good from these two angles. Thought the catalogue listed the yellow catalyst skates as a mid-summer release 

tage-thompson-of-the-buffalo-sabres-skat

tage-thompson-of-the-buffalo-sabres-cele

Edited by Westside

Tatar’s and Chabot’s Catalysts have had the Pro model mark for a few months now, and similarly less yellow than the Cat9 Chabot started the season in.

10 hours ago, jared9356 said:

The pro version looks much cleaner. Hopefully that’s an option for customs once these are released. The yellow was giving me cheap rollerblade vibes. 

“Cheap rollerblade vibes” has been the industry standard for skate graphics since APX.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

“Cheap rollerblade vibes” has been the industry standard for skate graphics since APX.

Seems it’s becoming the norm, but we still got some traditional CCMs and the 1X/ 2S Pro. I just hope True isn’t going to push for the yellow color way on custom orders. 

13 hours ago, Westside said:

Looks like grey accents instead of yellow and a slightly different graphic design. Did the other catalyst skates have ‘pro’ on them? Either way, they look good from these two angles. Thought the catalogue listed the yellow catalyst skates as a mid-summer release 

tage-thompson-of-the-buffalo-sabres-skat

tage-thompson-of-the-buffalo-sabres-cele

The catalogue is also pics of retail. Tf retail has slight differences than the tf customs. So this isn't a surprise. 

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

The catalogue is also pics of retail. Tf retail has slight differences than the tf customs. So this isn't a surprise. 

With TF customs you have the option to have the same side stripes (silver and blue) as retail or all silver. I’m not aware of any other options? I know with the pre-TF skates you could change the color of the lacing facing but my understanding is that’s no longer available. 

The Catalyst pics posted of Thompson’s skates show striping patterns on the lower part of the boot in silver that are not present anywhere on the retail skate; so a brand new striping pattern. The other silver accents appear to be beneath the Catalyst name of the ankle (black on retail) and around the yellow honeycomb area next to Cat9 name (this is black and yellow on retail). Cat9 appears to have been replaced by ‘pro’ and the 6 yellow stripes above that appear to be gone. 

Based on those pics, it’s more than just swapping one color for another. Definitely looks better in black/silver although I’m hoping the yellow on retails will be as easy to remove as the blue/silver on TF boots 

On 4/14/2022 at 11:54 AM, Westside said:

With TF customs you have the option to have the same side stripes (silver and blue) as retail or all silver. I’m not aware of any other options? I know with the pre-TF skates you could change the color of the lacing facing but my understanding is that’s no longer available. 

The Catalyst pics posted of Thompson’s skates show striping patterns on the lower part of the boot in silver that are not present anywhere on the retail skate; so a brand new striping pattern. The other silver accents appear to be beneath the Catalyst name of the ankle (black on retail) and around the yellow honeycomb area next to Cat9 name (this is black and yellow on retail). Cat9 appears to have been replaced by ‘pro’ and the 6 yellow stripes above that appear to be gone. 

Based on those pics, it’s more than just swapping one color for another. Definitely looks better in black/silver although I’m hoping the yellow on retails will be as easy to remove as the blue/silver on TF boots 

The cat pro is diff than the cat customs. Until they actually release we won't know what they will look like exactly. What you see the pros wear isn't anything indicative of what will be offered at the retail level. Or even custom level. You can only make assumptions. But for me I agree, the less yellow or any other vibrant color, the better. 

On 4/15/2022 at 1:54 AM, Westside said:

Definitely looks better in black/silver although I’m hoping the yellow on retails will be as easy to remove as the blue/silver on TF boots

How do you remove the blue/silver on the TF boots? 

On 4/17/2022 at 8:14 PM, Sniper9 said:

The cat pro is diff than the cat customs. 

This is correct. I can't provide specific details; otherwise, I will get my hands slapped, but I can share there are technically two "custom" skates options.

Edited by PBH

1 hour ago, moonrockticktock said:

Also just use black enamel markers or sharpie aside from acetone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PBH said:

This is correct. I can't provide specific details; otherwise, I will get my hands slapped, but I can share there are technically two "custom" skates options.

Tf customs and cat customs? 

12 hours ago, moonrockticktock said:

Acetone and elbow grease. Pretty sure there’s a photo of this in the inline conversion thread. I’ve done it to both my roller and ice boots