Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2021-2022 Gear Sightings

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, flip12 said:

Is it just me or are CCM’s skates getting progressively uglier?

I like the red and white Jetspeeds, but those ones look like those Eastons from the late 90s or whenever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, flip12 said:

Is it just me or are CCM’s skates getting progressively uglier?

As a whole, no. The current Tacks are decent and the ribcors are imo the best looking skate out there.

That said, I don't care for the look of the jetspeeds and this Matthews skate looks pretty meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stick9 said:

As a whole, no. The current Tacks are decent and the ribcors are imo the best looking skate out there.

That said, I don't care for the look of the jetspeeds and this Matthews skate looks pretty meh.

That's where we differ. I loathe the 100K. Looks like Beetlejuice meets Goldblum's Fly. Best looking current skate in my book is the Bauer Mach Supreme. Almost everything else is WTF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, steve66 said:

It's not a Vapor stick year

Based on some non-validated internet rumblings - maybe it could be?  
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2021 at 8:39 AM, Westside said:

Anymore info on the catalyst? It’s the second time I’ve seen/heard about them 

TF series = Lightweight, designed for players looking for support and stability

Catalyst series = Ultra lightweight, designed for players looking for agility and increased range of motion

https://www.groupehockey.com/public/catalogues/TRUE CATALOGUE 2022.pdf

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy,
 

3 hours ago, PBH said:

TF series = Lightweight, designed for players looking for support and stability

Catalyst series = Ultra lightweight, designed for players looking for agility and increased range of motion

https://www.groupehockey.com/public/catalogues/TRUE CATALOGUE 2022.pdf

So does that mean their CCM P90TM curve clone will only be available on a single Hzrdus stick model?  That seems kinda unfortunate.

Also... Hzrdus?  Just stop it.

Mark

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, flip12 said:

Increased ROM is definitely exciting.

Yup. I'm gonna be looking at their retail or demo model for sure. Either way I'm gonna get scanned for new trues this summer. Just waiting to see if it'll be the catalyst or the tf. I could probably fit into retail catalysts fine but it's kind of annoying to remove the stock holders and swap them out with xs holders. My LHS says true will send custom skates predrilled for any holder. They're one of the few LHS that has a good relationship with true which will do that since I hear true refuses to do this anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,
 

So does that mean their CCM P90TM curve clone will only be available on a single Hzrdus stick model?  That seems kinda unfortunate.

Also... Hzrdus?  Just stop it.

Mark

It carries over from their other sports. The look is a bit too Mission Fuel for me, especially compared to the subtler looks of HZRDUS gear in baseball and golf I found on Ggl image search, but if it plays nice I don’t really care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, lennyboi said:

Based on some non-validated internet rumblings - maybe it could be?  
 

It's not, unless they bring out something that isn't in the bookings or catalog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, flip12 said:

Increased ROM is definitely exciting.

I'm curious if this will be due to a more flexible boot , or just the new flexible tendon guard.   Looks like the attachment for this has reverted back to a rivet from the screw they were using.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Monty22 said:

I'm curious if this will be due to a more flexible boot , or just the new flexible tendon guard.   Looks like the attachment for this has reverted back to a rivet from the screw they were using.    

The boot should be more flexible. If it were just the tendon guard that wouldn't make any sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Monty22 said:

I'm curious if this will be due to a more flexible boot , or just the new flexible tendon guard.   Looks like the attachment for this has reverted back to a rivet from the screw they were using.    

 

36 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

The boot should be more flexible. If it were just the tendon guard that wouldn't make any sense. 

You have a very correct assumption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Monty22 said:

I'm curious if this will be due to a more flexible boot , or just the new flexible tendon guard.   Looks like the attachment for this has reverted back to a rivet from the screw they were using.    

My reading of the catalog was it’s both a flexier boot, tongue, and tendon guard. Tongues are no problem if they’re stiff because they can be swapped in two seconds with True. I miss the soft tension of the springy facings on classic Grafs. It just makes it so much easier to do my edge work.

Edited by flip12
Oxford ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Westside said:

Maybe it’s the angle/reflection but those graphics look terrible compared to the previous gens IMO

I agree.  Also it's off that "jetspeed" seems to be in different fonts on each stick, or at the least the top one is bold and bottom is not, neither looks good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Westside said:

Maybe it’s the angle/reflection but those graphics look terrible compared to the previous gens IMO

It looks like an awful mix of a Canadian Tire exclusive youth jetspeed and the old 7K Sickick. Can't see the thought process or appeal behind it especially after the nice, simple looks of the 3 pro and 4 pro.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...