Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JGraz15

Vapor Stick Blades

Do you guys find your Vapor stick blades turn to mush vs. breaking?

I am pretty cheap and typically use a stick until it breaks. I have found with my higher end Vapor sticks (FlyLite, 1X Lite) the sticks haven’t broken fully but the blade gets soft. When catching hard passes it feels like the stick gives away and I’ve absolutely missed passes I should have caught.

Then other times I can still get off a good shot which is strange. Anyone have similar issues with the Vapor line?

I’m pretty light on sticks, and my blades always go soft before I break sticks. Very few slapshots, I’m not much for slashes and stickwork, and I generally just play soft, haha. 

I sometimes feel guilty, because the stick is still in working order, but once I can flex the blade with my hand, it goes to that big stick pile that “I’m going to do something with.” 

• Like 1

I've noticed this with my older Bauer Vapor APX2, I was still able to get decent shots off, but trying to receive a hard pass was like dropping a puck through a wet bag. As others have stated, I'm sure its just what happens as sticks age. I finally couldn't take it anymore and purchased two CCM JetSpeed FT3 Grip sticks about 2 months ago. The difference has been night in day when receiving hard passes and the likes.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 12:21 PM, beedee said:

I've noticed this with my older Bauer Vapor APX2, I was still able to get decent shots off, but trying to receive a hard pass was like dropping a puck through a wet bag. As others have stated, I'm sure its just what happens as sticks age. I finally couldn't take it anymore and purchased two CCM JetSpeed FT3 Grip sticks about 2 months ago. The difference has been night in day when receiving hard passes and the likes.

Thanks. That is exactly what I was dealing with. Glad to know I’m not crazy!

My 17 yo son's two Flylite sticks' blade have both gone soft. Sticks are intact and shows no sign of breaking, but the blades... you can grab the blades and flex them quite a bit and they make this weird styrofoam-ish sounds but he kept using them and they didn't affect his shots too much. While his 2 Ultrasonics blades however didn't go soft, but both sticks broke above or near the 7-sided Sonic taper (he was taking simple wristers when they snapped), and my son rarely takes any slapshots...

Let's see if his Hyperlite will hold up.

My 2S Pro blades went soft at the toe (2 p92s when I was shooting off the toe a lot; the p88 2S pro I had didn't have this issue at all for some reason). I'm surprised that the Vapors are going soft so quickly