Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
AnimalFear

How to Whiten Tuuk Holders?

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone have any ideas how to go about whitening a pair of Tuuk Custom+ holders? I have a new pair that I am planning on mounting on my new Graf 703 boots (and I've got Step Blacksteel to go with them), but they have gotten a bit yellowed with age. Actually the two individual holders are sort of different colors--one has sort of a blue tint to it.  I know it's just a stupid cosmetic concern, but does anyone know whether there is a way to whiten them?

I think your best bet would be to soak them in hydrogen peroxide, but I'm not sure if it would weaken them.  Depending how old they are, they may already be starting to get brittle.

• Like 1

Rit Dye is popular to color them, perhaps they have white? Although from your description, they sound like the plastic might be compromised.  

• Like 1

Offer to buy those blue Ls2s that someone posted in the Show It Off thread, and rock the F out of them. 

Those custom+ are already old, even if they haven’t been used. If it were me, I’d save the time and headache and just buy a newer holder. Even new old-stock LS2s would be better than something that has been sitting for close to 20 years. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 9:11 AM, AnimalFear said:

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone have any ideas how to go about whitening a pair of Tuuk Custom+ holders? I have a new pair that I am planning on mounting on my new Graf 703 boots (and I've got Step Blacksteel to go with them), but they have gotten a bit yellowed with age. Actually the two individual holders are sort of different colors--one has sort of a blue tint to it.  I know it's just a stupid cosmetic concern, but does anyone know whether there is a way to whiten them?

There are some online tips to use bleach and water. Not sure if there are any metal parts molded into the blade holder that would get ruined by the bleach.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 9:11 AM, AnimalFear said:

Sell the Blue one to @mojo122