Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
fbvnyc

CCM Girdle Opinions: Jetspeed vs. Tacks

Hey guys, doesn't appear that this topic has been beaten down too much.  I'm looking for opinions on these 2 girdles.  

Currently using Jofa 9800, which was predecessor to the 9k if I remember correctly.

Looking for weight/protection compared to each other.  

I'm currently overseas and have no opportunity to see either of these in person.  The only thing that I can see from videos is that Jetspeed is not quite as protective as Tacks?  Is this a trade off in weight/mobility?  

Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks

There's a topic somewhere about girdles but only a brief mention of the Jetspeed one since it was new/announced at the time.  I wear a Tacks girdle (had a couple 9K's for a while before) and really love the Tacks one, I've only help the Jetspeed in the store and it was a little lighter and slightly less bulky which I'm guessing is just thinner padding.  The Tacks is light in my opinion and very mobile so I don't see much realistic advantage to the Jetspeed, also the Tacks offers the adjustable spine protector which was one of the features I liked most coming from the 9K with practically zero spine protection (the Jetspeed has spine protection but it's not adjustable and slightly smaller from what I could tell).

1 hour ago, Westside said:

I’d probably check out this video review by Hills which talks about the jet speed girdle. I recently got a Tacks and love it

https://youtu.be/JDjiGWMgu5A

I unfortunately never got to check out the Tacks one so I don't know what the differences really are.

25 minutes ago, Hills said:

I unfortunately never got to check out the Tacks one so I don't know what the differences really are.

Right, but there’s a whole thread on here about the ST/7092 girdle. Figure between that and your video about the jetspeed (and also comparing it to the 9k), it should give the OP a pretty good idea on which one might suit their needs 

Edited by Westside
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Westside said:

Right, but there’s a whole thread on here about the ST/7092 girdle. Figure between that and your video about the jetspeed (and also comparing it to the 9k), it should give the OP a pretty good idea on which one might suit their needs 

For sure, I just wanted to be super clear that I wasn't comparing the Tacks and the Jetspeed.

Thanks for the replies guys.  I've seen all the previous threads and videos on youtube concerning the individual girdles.  I was just hoping to find someone with experience with both.  The stipulation is that I have 2 Identical sets of gear, since I travel quite a bit...or at least I used to pre-covid.  The Jetspeed is readily available being a current model.  I'm sure I could find 2 Tacks, it would take some time for them to show up on the market.  I'm also pretty confident the Tacks is very similar to the 9800 I've been wearing.  

I used 9ks and tacks, and only tried jetspeeds in hands. Tacks is much closer to 9k in every detail, while the jetspeed is the cutted version of the tacks. Probably the jetspeeds are lighter because of this.

Ive both the new Jetspeed girdle and the Super Tacks. They both have pros and cons.

The Jetspeed is more adjustable and lighter but offers less protection. The Super Tacks is less adjustable, heavier, and provides more protection. 

I also dislike that the Jetspeed girdle has fabric which makes it fit kind of like a diaper which I hate.

t6T4XC5.jpg

7 hours ago, PBH said:

Ive both the new Jetspeed girdle and the Super Tacks. They both have pros and cons.

The Jetspeed is more adjustable and lighter but offers less protection. The Super Tacks is less adjustable, heavier, and provides more protection. 

I also dislike that the Jetspeed girdle has fabric which makes it fit kind of like a diaper which I hate.

The Tacks girdle has the step-in diaper spandex portion too. What can be adjusted on the Jetspeed that can’t be on the Tacks? The Tacks has two different adjustments for the leg/thigh pads and adjustable spine protection. Just looking at photos of the Jetspeed it looks like its less adjustable

27 minutes ago, Westside said:

The Tacks girdle has the step-in diaper spandex portion too. What can be adjusted on the Jetspeed that can’t be on the Tacks? The Tacks has two different adjustments for the leg/thigh pads and adjustable spine protection. Just looking at photos of the Jetspeed it looks like its less adjustable

Weird. The Tacks model I have doesn't have the diaper and also isn't adjustable in the rear thigh pads. It's a pro stock model so maybe it's different than the retail version. 

On 9/17/2021 at 10:08 PM, PBH said:

Weird. The Tacks model I have doesn't have the diaper and also isn't adjustable in the rear thigh pads. It's a pro stock model so maybe it's different than the retail version. 

The 7092 (model below the Tacks but same line) didn't have the diaper or adjustable pads. It was the better option IMHO between the Super Tacks girdle and 7092 girdle, provided you didn't need the adjustability of the thigh pads and bought the correct size 7092 to fit.