Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
x-axis

Pond Hockey Tournament Equipment

Hey,

California guy playing my first pond hockey tournament in January. Any gear recommendations? I was planning on wearing my bottom of the line shins and a mission roller girdle, but I just realized I don't know how physical it is. Playing in the US Pond Hockey Championships in Minneapolis in the Rink Rat division. Any advice would be great.

In terms of warmth, long johns, wool socks, hoodie and jersey, hat or ear muffs. I also use ski glove liners if it's really cold. Possibly sunglasses. For protection, shins, gloves, cup and maybe helmet depending on tourney. That's what I do, some might wear more

• Like 1

Secret of the pros-

put a hand warmer or two inside your cup in the pocket. 

I usually wear under armour tights, shins over, with sweats or waterproof pants depending how cold it is. A UA mock turtle neck, plus a sweatshirt and jersey. layers are key. A fairer isn’t a bad idea either. 

plan on bringing something warm for after/between games. I prefer Duluth fleece carhartt style pants

if you’re coming from Cali, my best advice to you is; however cold you think Minneapolis will be in January, it’ll be much colder than that

Edited by Buzz_LightBeer
  • Like 3