Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
marka

Tightest hockey gloves?

Howdy,

Forum, forum on the wall, who makes the tightest gloves of them all?

Wife needs hockey gloves.  She has narrow girl hands.  Anything out there tighter / narrower than the Warrior Covert stuff?  She's been in 13" Warrior Covert Pros, but even they are a little big width-wise, though finger length is about right.

Are Junior 12" gloves typically narrower?  Wondering if we could find a pair of those that have long enough fingers.

Mark

Take a look at Stark Hockey as they make gloves specifically for women’s hand. Their website will describe the fit and differences between men’s gloves. Another option, but is an older glove and harder to find now, but the STX Surgeon series gloves are super tight fitting that might work. Their 14” gloves was more like a 13” to 13.5” gloves when compared to most other gloves. For pro stock, Jason Spezza gloves are tight fitting and size 13”. He has reduced gussets all thru the fingers and the part of the palm that they fit ultra tight.

• Like 2

If my STX Stallion HPRs (2017) are any indication, they make the tightest fitting glove. When comparing them (a 4-roll glove) against my pro stock CCM HG4RRPs (also a 4-roll glove), the difference in volume is drastic when considering both are 13 inch gloves with traditional 4-roll design. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruinDust said:

If my STX Stallion HPRs (2017) are any indication, they make the tightest fitting glove. When comparing them (a 4-roll glove) against my pro stock CCM HG4RRPs (also a 4-roll glove), the difference in volume is drastic when considering both are 13 inch gloves with traditional 4-roll design. 

Yeah, my experience has been similar.  I have a pair of HPRs and some Vapors. Both 13".  I swim in the Vapors compared to the HPR, especially in the gussets. 

Howdy,

11 hours ago, Asian Tomatoe said:

Take a look at Stark Hockey as they make gloves specifically for women’s hand. Their website will describe the fit and differences between men’s gloves. Another option, but is an older glove and harder to find now, but the STX Surgeon series gloves are super tight fitting that might work. Their 14” gloves was more like a 13” to 13.5” gloves when compared to most other gloves. For pro stock, Jason Spezza gloves are tight fitting and size 13”. He has reduced gussets all thru the fingers and the part of the palm that they fit ultra tight.

Reading the descriptions and a few reviews, the Starks sound like exactly what we're after...  Price wasn't bad either.  Ordered a pair.  We'll see!  Thanks for the pointer!

Mark

• Like 2

Was able to try a bunch of gloves today in store and man was I surprised to see how much bigger Bauer and warrior gloves fit now. I've always wore 14" and they always got me consistently across the brands. Now it seems the only brand that is still consistent with sizing is CCM. Bauer and Warrior all fit larger. I had warrior qredge gloves and the 14" were perfect and very snug width wise. Today the new LX pro line, the 13" fit like their old 14" length wise but width wise felt looser.  

Bauer is the same. Just swimming in their 14s, even the vapor line. 

My advice is to go in store to try em on if you plan on purchasing online because it seems sizing is all over the place now. 

Howdy,

On 9/27/2021 at 9:36 AM, marka said:

Howdy,

Reading the descriptions and a few reviews, the Starks sound like exactly what we're after...  Price wasn't bad either.  Ordered a pair.  We'll see!  Thanks for the pointer!

Mark

So these came in.  And @Buzz_LightBeer also noticed a barely used pair at a Play it Again when we were in Detroit for FallFest and I picked those up too.  Couldn't resist for $20!

Wife played in the used ones last night and LOVES them.  No more readjusting gloves for her / feeling them loose / falling off / whatever.  We went with the size 13, which is supposedly the length of a normal 13 and the width of a 12 and they seem perfect for her.

Build quality / etc. etc. also seems fine.  I'm no Hills though, so I have no idea on the true protection, how they're made, etc. etc. etc.  🙂

Anyway, thanks again to @Asian Tomatoe for the recommendation!

Mark

• Like 1