Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ranger-#8

New 2 piece pant options?

I've been hooked on the 2 piece style pants for a while right now I'm in a bauer s190 pant.  I was wondering what models out right now have that internal girdle style system but the heavy thigh pads are part of the shell? I attached a video showing the pant to show what I mean.  Any input would be great managed to loose some weight so the old pants are falling off now, and living in a smaller town going to a big shop isn't so simple.

Video showing the s190

What’s the advantage to have lighter pads on the girdle and additional pads on the shell rather than sufficient padding on the girdle and a standard shell? 

I had that S190 girdle for about a season, the shell didn't seem much different than other shells, the padding on the front thigh was just a layer of soft padding and I swapped the shell out for a couple PP9K shells that I preferred more (the girdle itself still had the thicker pad and plastic insert).  I don't know if I'd call it a 2 piece pant, I thought 2 piece pants had upper and lowers that were able to detach from each other?  If you prefer that girdle/not a girdle idea you can just attach a shell to most girdles with the velcro loops, that way it's more of a one piece set up rather than putting on the girdle then the shell, but I don't think you'll find many shells with more than a thin layer of foam in the thigh area (some have more padding in the kidney area which is why I like the PP9K/PP90 shells).

Bauer has really beefed up their 2 piece option and the top of the line point:

https://www.icewarehouse.com/Bauer_Supreme_ACP_Pro/descpage-ACPPG.html

Similar to the S190:

https://www.icewarehouse.com/Bauer_Supreme_ACP_Elite/descpage-ACPEG.html

Companies don't really do what you're looking for. The best bet is to just get a girdle with the protection you'd  see on the ACP Pro or SuperTacks.

Edited by nutters