Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

P90TM Curve

It sits between the p92 and p28; more aggressive than the p92 and not as aggressive as the p28. For me, after using it for a bit, I prefer the p28. The p28 grips the puck better when shooting off the toe and doing drags. 

I refer to it as a less aggressive 28 with a flatter rocker, or a more aggressive 92 with a bit more hook on the toe and a 5 lie. I switched from the 28 and never looked back. It helped solve some issues I had with the 28. Which I fully admit may have been I just don't have the hands to get the most out of the 28.

Cant say how it compares to an 88. 

14 minutes ago, stick9 said:

I refer to it as a less aggressive 28 with a flatter rocker, or a more aggressive 92 with a bit more hook on the toe and a 5 lie. I switched from the 28 and never looked back. It helped solve some issues I had with the 28. Which I fully admit may have been I just don't have the hands to get the most out of the 28.

I agree with this. My evolution was from a W71 > P14 > P92 > P28 > P90T

My biggest issue with the P28 is the shape of the face. I hate the extremely round toe and prefer a more square shape similar to a P92.

Both P28 and P90T require you to shoot off the toe and both are great for pulling in the puck for toe drags and such.

That being said, I recently tested out a P92 with a P28 curve pattern and liked it a lot. I think that will likely be my next curve pattern.

4 hours ago, stick9 said:

Cant say how it compares to an 88. 

How does the lie compare to a P28?  I'm using an FT4 Pro right now in a P28, but maybe id pick up a spare in a P90TM if the lie is the same.

2 hours ago, Lfntn10 said:

How does the lie compare to a P28?  I'm using an FT4 Pro right now in a P28, but maybe id pick up a spare in a P90TM if the lie is the same.

Compared to a Bauer, they're pretty much identical until you get to the toe. The 28 has that crazy rounded toe. The 90 does not. It's more like the 92 in that regard. 

15 hours ago, PBH said:

Both P28 and P90T require you to shoot off the toe and both are great for pulling in the puck for toe drags and such.

I know I’ve drummed this beat several times but P28 doesn’t require you to shoot from any particular place. It does have a limbo spot mid-toe which is a generally safe release point on many patterns. This leads to a lot of people writing off all but the toe launch zone but such a limit P28’s release capabilities is just a common misperception.

Edited by flip12
  • Like 2

Howdy,

I was looking around a bit and I can't seem to find an FT4 or FT4 pro at the moment in a left, 75 flex, P90TM.

Is this another pattern like the P30 that CCM is going to convince me I like, then discontinue it?

Mark

4 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I was looking around a bit and I can't seem to find an FT4 or FT4 pro at the moment in a left, 75 flex, P90TM.

Is this another pattern like the P30 that CCM is going to convince me I like, then discontinue it?

Mark

https://www.hockeyworld.com/CCM-Jetspeed-FT4-Hockey-Stick-Sr

Perani's lists the FT4 in stock

Howdy,

29 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

That's a good find.  I'd checked IW, Monkey, and Pure, IIRC.

Yeesh.  They show 3 across all their stores.

I wonder what the chances are that they'll have them when I'm actually ready to buy some?  I'd been looking mostly just to see if there were any clearance sticks, didn't find any, then decided to check full retail stuff and was surprised that they didn't seem to be out there.

Mark

Edited by marka

I don't think they make as many of them as they make of the 29, 28, and 88, so they are hard to find.  Hopefully it is popular enough to stick around, as my son has fallen in love. 

15 minutes ago, PBH said:

Out of curiosity, are the 65 flex sr or int, I always wondered what something that whippy would be like.  

What do you charge to ship?

Just now, BenBreeg said:

Out of curiosity, are the 65 flex sr or int, I always wondered what something that whippy would be like.  

What do you charge to ship?

Shipping is whatever normal rates are. For 1-3 sticks its about $10-20 anywhere in North America. If I have zip code I can get exact quotes. 

CCM considers 65 flex an intermediate, slightly smaller shaft shape but plays like a senior. I tend to bounce between 65 and 70 flex as of late.

Super Tacks usually a 65 flex. Jetspeed, and Ribcor I tend to use a 70 flex. 

Picked up a JS Team P90TM yesterday.  Only had a chance to shoot about 20 pucks off a pad but for me, there is a huge difference between this and a 28.  I had used an 88 for years then switched to 28 last year.  I like it for stickhandling and passing.  For shooting, yeah, you can kind of shoot it off various places on the blade, but if I got my hands right, good bottom hand pressure, puck closer to my body, and the puck in that toe pocket, the shot was ridiculous.  Unfortunately, the margin for error for me was very slim, and in real play that rarely happened.  

Even with the limited time yesterday I love the 90.  Was able to shoot the puck from various parts of the blade with consistent results, hands didn’t need to be so far forward and on top of the puck.  It just performed well so far from my natural shooting position, I didn’t feel like I had to adjust to the stick.  

Skate Sunday so will get on the ice early and see how it goes there.

• Like 2

Yeah, on the ice it was the same, puck just kinds of comes off the blade really hot without much effort or concentration on my part.  Definitely stayed a bit lower.  Backhands are a little more challenging, both off the shooting pad and the ice.

Unfortunately it didn’t improve my decision making, fitness level, or executio so, a little disappointed in that….

🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aeromax38 said:

What are some comparable patterns from other manufacturers? Are there any?

Thanks

The Benn Pro available through the my Bauer program is the only direct comp I have found.

2 hours ago, aeromax38 said:

What are some comparable patterns from other manufacturers? Are there any?

Thanks

Warrior has it available in pro stocks. 

true has it available in summer as the TC6

I just received a pro stock P90T today from HockeyStickMan. Sort of reviving this thread as someone who's a long-time P88/W88 user looking for something with a bit more loft. I've tried both the P92 (True TC2) and the P28/W28, and the big thing that killed those curves for me was the rocker. As you can see in comparison to the pro stock W88 curve I've been using (white tape), the P90T (no tape) has a fairly similar length of flat spot to it, although it's a bit closer to the heel and has quite a bit more lift towards the toe. Unfortunately this P90T has a higher lie than the W88, so I'll be cutting it down a bit more than usual, but overall I'm hopeful this is what I've been looking for. Wanted to put this out there as a resource for other P88/W88 players looking for a change.

Eyv1Tz6.jpg

Zlkt2mS.jpg 

2DOUkMS.jpg