Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

P90TM Curve

12 minutes ago, JAY4114 said:

How hard is it to keep shots low compared to the p92?

I have a trigger 7 pro 92 and a 90TM. I got both to A/B them and found the following for me: 

1. the 90tm is better for stick handling

2. the 92 is better for backhands

3. the 90tm is more accurate

4. the 92 can get shots higher than i want them more often than the 90tm

now, this is just me and others may have completely different results. 

the main thing that really works out for me with the 90tm is the flat section on the bottom and the 5 lie. for my style of play that works best.

and to answer your question, it's not hard at all. my main shot is mid/low blocker or glove and I find it as easy to hit as it is with the pm9 which I used for 15ish years

I spent a ton of time online comparing the 92 and 90TM, looking at forums, watching youtube videos and tbh I said screw it I need to decide for myself. that's why I got 1 of each. 90TM wins for me.

Edited by SFL
  • Like 1

I gave up on the P90TM and went back to the P28 since it was too difficult finding pro stock models. "P90", "P90T", "P90M", and "P90TM" seem to be used interchangeably among some sellers and you never really know what you're getting, I'd love to see some side by sides of a P90TM next to a P90 and P90T, I know the P90 was CCM's pro stock version of a P92/29 and pretty sure the T model was a Benn curve clone, but not sure how they compare to the TM.  My head hurts already just thinking about it haha

4 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I gave up on the P90TM and went back to the P28 since it was too difficult finding pro stock models. "P90", "P90T", "P90M", and "P90TM" seem to be used interchangeably among some sellers and you never really know what you're getting, I'd love to see some side by sides of a P90TM next to a P90 and P90T, I know the P90 was CCM's pro stock version of a P92/29 and pretty sure the T model was a Benn curve clone, but not sure how they compare to the TM.  My head hurts already just thinking about it haha

My pro stock 90T and retail 90TM's are exact. The extra kink in the toe is the tell.

Howdy,

Dear internet hockey people...

Does anyone else have trouble with their backhand with the retail P90TM curve?

I seem to recall a time when my backhand, while not challenging Crosby by any stretch, at least wasn't horrifically bad.

These days, with the P90TM curve, unless I'm REALLY concentrating / making an effort / whatever, it seems like I essentially can't get the puck off the ice on my backhand.  Its almost like the puck is coming off the stick / bade too soon, leading to the puck staying on the ice and having no velocity.

Now, keep in mind that I'm a terrible hockey player and I expect that I'm causing this.... But I don't remember having similar issues in the past before I was using this curve.  I used to use a W88 / P88 / MC, among others.

Mark

On 10/17/2022 at 8:11 PM, xstartxtodayx said:

I have a pro stock P90T and I don't think it's a carbon copy of the retail version. For one, it definitely has a higher lie. But I don't think the blade shape is completely the same, either (I posted a pick on the previous page).

Anyone know if the P90T is the same as a Warrior W90 pro stock curve? For some reason ProStockHockey groups the W90 with the P29/P92/W03s and has a separate category for the P90T. I have a Rekker with the P90T curve and love it, just wondering if there's any difference.

5 hours ago, Kurzy17 said:

Anyone know if the P90T is the same as a Warrior W90 pro stock curve? For some reason ProStockHockey groups the W90 with the P29/P92/W03s and has a separate category for the P90T. I have a Rekker with the P90T curve and love it, just wondering if there's any difference.

I believe the W90 is the same as a P90/P92/P29, the P90T is not the same, it's a variation of a P90 with the toe being slightly different.  The P90TM is also not the same as the P90 or P90T just to make it all a little more confusing, it has a different blade shape and slightly different curve closer to a P28 than a P90/29/92.  Lastly, Pro Stock Hockey doesn't always know what they're selling as I've bought two Tyson Jost sticks and each was listed differently, one as a P28 and one as a P71 (and when I emailed for clarification on the second stick they replied telling me it was a P92), yet both were identical and both were P90TM's once I got them, sooo yea I wouldn't trust them too much. 

On 10/17/2022 at 3:23 PM, birky said:

I just received a pro stock P90T today from HockeyStickMan. Sort of reviving this thread as someone who's a long-time P88/W88 user looking for something with a bit more loft. I've tried both the P92 (True TC2) and the P28/W28, and the big thing that killed those curves for me was the rocker. As you can see in comparison to the pro stock W88 curve I've been using (white tape), the P90T (no tape) has a fairly similar length of flat spot to it, although it's a bit closer to the heel and has quite a bit more lift towards the toe. Unfortunately this P90T has a higher lie than the W88, so I'll be cutting it down a bit more than usual, but overall I'm hopeful this is what I've been looking for. Wanted to put this out there as a resource for other P88/W88 players looking for a change.

Eyv1Tz6.jpg

Zlkt2mS.jpg 

2DOUkMS.jpg

how is the lie compared to the p28 and p92? I use a p88 and the p92 seems a little too high and I lose the puck off the toe and heel, and I lose the puck off the toe of the p28 because it's a "lie 6" I believe.

Just found out True has TC2.5T which is their p90TM clone. Doesn’t seem to be much info/advertising on it. I think a good number of sellers don’t realize what it is, and just list it online as a TC2.5. Even the name bar says “Marner,” which is the name on the TC2, so it’s confusing AF. Would be easy to miss if you’re glancing through a stick rack. 

Bought one for my wife on sale on SLS, and we were pleasantly surprised when it was the p90TM clone and not just a 5 lie p92. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, start_today said:

Just found out True has TC2.5T which is their p90TM clone. Doesn’t seem to be much info/advertising on it. I think a good number of sellers don’t realize what it is, and just list it online as a TC2.5. Even the name bar says “Marner,” which is the name on the TC2, so it’s confusing AF. Would be easy to miss if you’re glancing through a stick rack. 

Bought one for my wife on sale on SLS, and we were pleasantly surprised when it was the p90TM clone and not just a 5 lie p92. 

supposedly SherWood also has a P90TM called a PP90, I've only seen it on curve charts never in the wild yet, I keep looking though lol

2 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

supposedly SherWood also has a P90TM called a PP90, I've only seen it on curve charts never in the wild yet, I keep looking though lol

They do. I've seen them. Funny enough, on one of their lines, it's an exact Bauer Benn version of the curve (but still max height), on another line, it's the ccm p90tm. I'm also very particular, so am very aware of all the nuances of the pattern. By my eye, it looks like this: Bauer Benn: highest lie, deepest kink which doesn't begin until the tip of the toe. It seems this was created from a p19 (not off a 92). Bauer also has a p90tm version, a clone of the ccm version. CCM p90tm: lower lie, more gradual curve with a longer, but moderate toe pocket, very slight kink at the very end. True TC6: closer to a p28/p92 hybrid. lowest lie, narrower heel. I believe True now offers an exact Benn replica as well (at the pro/sponsor level). Warrior p90T: the closest thing to Benn pro stock, but the kink is not as sharp as Bauer. Sherwood: As discussed. 

I have a lot of trouble switching between these versions. For me, the Benn plays much differently than a 90tm. Again, I'm super picky. 

• Like 1

I got a Sherwood Rekker RE Team stick through Pro Stock Hockey with the PP90MX pattern, Which is what started me down this rabbit hole. My local ECHL team was having an equipment sale and they had a bunch of Warrior W90s available, but when I was looking them up there seemed to be some differences.

6 hours ago, start_today said:

TC2 is a P92, not a P90. That would be the TC6. All the TRUE stick curve names will be changing this year though to be closer to other brands... Thank God!

5 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

The new sticks releasing this year will have that curve offering. 

Edited by VegasHockey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Karly14 said:

They do. I've seen them. Funny enough, on one of their lines, it's an exact Bauer Benn version of the curve (but still max height), on another line, it's the ccm p90tm. I'm also very particular, so am very aware of all the nuances of the pattern. By my eye, it looks like this: Bauer Benn: highest lie, deepest kink which doesn't begin until the tip of the toe. It seems this was created from a p19 (not off a 92). Bauer also has a p90tm version, a clone of the ccm version. CCM p90tm: lower lie, more gradual curve with a longer, but moderate toe pocket, very slight kink at the very end. True TC6: closer to a p28/p92 hybrid. lowest lie, narrower heel. I believe True now offers an exact Benn replica as well (at the pro/sponsor level). Warrior p90T: the closest thing to Benn pro stock, but the kink is not as sharp as Bauer. Sherwood: As discussed. 

I have a lot of trouble switching between these versions. For me, the Benn plays much differently than a 90tm. Again, I'm super picky. 

I can't use a P90T/Benn or P90/29/92, I've tried and it just never feels good to me lol, I came from a P28 which is why the P90TM feels so natural, it's so much closer to that than a P90/29/92.  Glad I'm not the only super picky one.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 2:34 PM, Karly14 said:

Meh, not sure I agree completely. I find the Benn pro, pro-stock CCM P90T and the retail CCM P90tm almost indistinguishable. There are however some subtle differences. The lie on most Benn pros and pro-stock p90t's is usually a 6 where as the 90tm retail is a 5 or 5.5, I forget. The blade on the Benn and 90t is also a slight bit shorter than a retail 90tm. 

I think the retail CCM P90tm has evolved slightly since being introduced. At some point between the FT3 and FT5 they tweaked the lie and moved the kink in the toe back. They still feel and play the same. I only noticed it because when I cut my first FT5 to the length of my ft3's it played short to me. I added a 1/4 inch and it was fine.

If you like a good mystery, dive into the Benn pro world. 😁

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 9:58 AM, Karly14 said:

Looks like Bauer is now offering a version at retail: https://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-hockey-stick-vapor-hyperlite-2-sr.html

Only took em what, three years to react. Better late then never I guess. I wonder if it's a true Benn Pro or something closer to what CCM and True are doing...which are pretty close. Knowing Bauer it's probably completely different lol.

4 hours ago, stick9 said:

Only took em what, three years to react. Better late then never I guess. I wonder if it's a true Benn Pro or something closer to what CCM and True are doing...which are pretty close. Knowing Bauer it's probably completely different lol.

It's closer to the Benn than a P90TM.

I have a few custom demo sticks arriving this week, so I will snap some pics comparing the CCM P90TM vs TRUE T90T vs Bauer P90TM.

I think the closest retail to the Benn is the TRUE P90T currently. 

• Like 1

Former p88 user, I’ve tried many different curves looking for my holy grail curve including p14, p92 (lie 4, p92 lie 5, p92 lie 6), p28, p90TM, and pro curves from prostockhockeysticks including the Mackinnon (W10), and the McDavid (p92 / Iginla hybrid). So far I seem to perform the best with the p92 5 lie, however the greatest snapshot I’ve ever taken in my life was with a p28. Logically I thought the p90TM was the way to go to combine my puck control of the p92 5 lie and that snapshot capability of the p28. I seem to be a bit inconsistent with the p90TM. Maybe I need to give it more time, or just go back to the p28. Can’t seem to find a 5 lie p92 without spending about $350. No thanks. 

On 8/26/2023 at 5:16 PM, Dnyge79 said:

Can’t seem to find a 5 lie p92 without spending about $350. No thanks. 

If you like Sherwood, their PP92 is actually a lie 5.  True also has a P92 lie 5 (TC2.5).