Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

Do players still rock yellow laces?

13 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

No...  God please no.....   

No more pics for you!  Or if/when I do make another Lightning game I'll photosh p yellow laces on you 😝

I still wear them, have worn them since the mid 90's.  I dabbled with black when that was all the rage but it just wasn't for me, and white is too boring, so yellow it is.  I do see a lot of other colors now a days though, pink, blue, green, orange, red, basically any color you can think of I've seen out there (both beer league and young kids).  So yea, people still wear yellow or any color they want so wear whatever you like.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Howdy,

For me, I wear the same skates to ref, so I'm super boring and get straight white.  Not even the black dots.

Does anyone make rainbow / pride laces?  I'd think that would do well.  Not sure its realistically possible to die laces multiple colors though...

Mark

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

For me, I wear the same skates to ref, so I'm super boring and get straight white.  Not even the black dots.

Does anyone make rainbow / pride laces?  I'd think that would do well.  Not sure its realistically possible to die laces multiple colors though...

Mark

When both of my kids wanted fancy/funky colors and patterns I did some searching and found a company that not only made a huge array of colors/patterns, but also made some really nice quality laces (and waxed too!)... check them out, they def have what you're looking for:

https://derbylaces.com/

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

When both of my kids wanted fancy/funky colors and patterns I did some searching and found a company that not only made a huge array of colors/patterns, but also made some really nice quality laces (and waxed too!)... check them out, they def have what you're looking for:

https://derbylaces.com/

They work for hockey? I have found usually the specialty laces are more shoe designed than skates.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hills said:

They work for hockey? I have found usually the specialty laces are more shoe designed than skates.

I did a little digging (clicked on the link and scrolled for a few seconds) and got the impression it’s “Derby” as in roller derby, in which case it seems to make hockey sense.

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

They’ve got rainbow tracked: https://derbylaces.com/shop/derby-laces/waxed-laces/rainbow-72-inch-183-cm-derby-laces-waxed-roller-derby-skate-lace

A little short for anything but kids’ and Bobby Orr’s boots though.

Edit: did a little more scrolling, then a search and found they seem to have all the specific pride variants represented: https://derbylaces.com/?s=Pride+style&post_type=product

Edited by flip12
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hills said:

As flip12 mentioned, they're aimed at the roller derby/roller skate crowd (since that's where the owners appear to come from) but they make a variety of lengths and widths including many that are ice skate appropriate (I'm guessing the 10mm is the correct width without measuring and then length is all preference, I think I usually go 96 or 108 since I don't like them too long and have a 7.5 skate size).  As for their thickness and durability, they're as nice as any other laces I've had (Howies, A&R, Elite, etc).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hills said:

My wife has worn the derby rainbow laces in her skates for years. She says they are “very waxed.” 
 She gets them from the derby laces store on Amazon. 

• Like 1

I'm a black laces guy, mostly cuz I hate changing laces and white get dirty too fast. But there's nothing like a clean pair of white ref laces. Last yellow laces I wore was on my old Mission Amp Fly skates. Those were hot

I grew out of yellow laces in my early fifties. Standard white unwaxed for me. I also don’t have lights underneath my skates. Or large furry panda ears on the sides of my helmet. 

Edited by Leif
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2021 at 3:08 AM, epstud74 said:

Still got yellow laces on my old Grafs

Yes !!  Still use yellow laces on my Ultra G75's that have the thin yellow piping on the skate.  looks sick and makes me a better player too !!

On 10/7/2021 at 7:39 PM, iceman8310 said:

Do players still rock yellow laces?  Do most players rock whites laces now?

I usually see white or black laces, but there's the occasional skater with yellow or colored laces. 

I always thought the Graf brand yellow waxed laces were the best back in the day.   I'm just using the non-wax stock CCM skate laces nowadays though.  They seem to be of high quality as well.