Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

Do players still rock yellow laces?

My sons, now U13, did the colored laces thing starting in daddy&me learn to skate classes.  As part of getting them excited for learning to skate we let them choose lace and helmet color...  It also allowed us to quickly figure out who was who out on the ice as they are twins.  LOL

Bright blue helmets and red, silver, yellow*, neon green, neon blue, etc. laces (not to mention fun stick tape colors) went by the wayside when they made the mite major travel team and only certain lace and tape colors were allowed, not to mention black helmets being required.  Three years later one has adopted black laces and the other white.

*We were in NoVA… tons of kids trying to mimic Ovi.  LOL

6 hours ago, start_today said:

Imagine being the person who needs so much control and petty power in their life they are mandating what color of laces and helmets mite players must wear. 

It was like that across the two leagues they played in.  l never really thought much of it.  I've got no problem with the kids looking uniform, especially as they move up the ranks. 

The person you're referring to has been the director (and coach) of a pretty successful Tier 2 program, mite through midget major, for over twenty years at this point.  He must be doing something right.  I've never heard anyone complain about little Braden using a helmet that matches his jersey or not using neon green laces when the team colors are black and red.

/shrug

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chippa13 said:

If recent news has reminded us of anything, it is that successful coaches can also be dicks.

and GM's as well... I wouldn't be surprised if Lou Lamoriello had/has a ban on yellow laces, I heard he even told what players what kind of tape they could use on their socks.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:36 AM, helmet91 said:

My sons, now U13, did the colored laces thing starting in daddy&me learn to skate classes.  As part of getting them excited for learning to skate we let them choose lace and helmet color...  It also allowed us to quickly figure out who was who out on the ice as they are twins.  LOL

Bright blue helmets and red, silver, yellow*, neon green, neon blue, etc. laces (not to mention fun stick tape colors) went by the wayside when they made the mite major travel team and only certain lace and tape colors were allowed, not to mention black helmets being required.  Three years later one has adopted black laces and the other white.

*We were in NoVA… tons of kids trying to mimic Ovi.  LOL

As a person that has coached twins, it's not easy!  Especially when they switch numbers occasionally just to mess with you lol

• Haha 2

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2021 at 6:12 PM, chippa13 said:

If recent news has reminded us of anything, it is that successful coaches can also be dicks.

Glad you can write off someone you've never met based upon a travel club requiring kids to look uniform.

Pretty cool.

15 hours ago, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

As a person that has coached twins, it's not easy!  Especially when they switch numbers occasionally just to mess with you lol

The funny part about my boys is one is a lefty and the other a righty!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 3:31 PM, Fat Buzz said:

I always used yellow laces until this current set, because everyone seems to be buying all the yellow laces.  

I think we all should rock yellow laces around @dkmiller3356

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2021 at 10:10 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

No more pics for you!  Or if/when I do make another Lightning game I'll photosh p yellow laces on you 😝

I still wear them, have worn them since the mid 90's.  I dabbled with black when that was all the rage but it just wasn't for me, and white is too boring, so yellow it is.  I do see a lot of other colors now a days though, pink, blue, green, orange, red, basically any color you can think of I've seen out there (both beer league and young kids).  So yea, people still wear yellow or any color they want so wear whatever you like.

I am waiting on the Photoshop version. Plus the yellow laces will tie in with the whole lightning color scheme….

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2021 at 2:24 AM, helmet91 said:

Glad you can write off someone you've never met based upon a travel club requiring kids to look uniform.

Pretty cool.

It is mite hockey. If the choice is be a Hawk or be a Duck, I choose be a Duck. I'm guessing this coach chooses the other.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 10:16 AM, Goonsquad said:

I am waiting on the Photoshop version. Plus the yellow laces will tie in with the whole lightning color scheme….

Ran into this guy @dkmiller3356 last night, looking sweet with those yellow laces 🤣

51611636766_c16a04ad59_h.jpgOctober 19, 2021-0009-J. Schusteritsch-web-2 by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

Edited by xstartxtodayx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Ran into this guy @dkmiller3356 last night, looking sweet with those yellow laces 🤣

51611636766_c16a04ad59_h.jpgOctober 19, 2021-0009-J. Schusteritsch-web-2 by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

Dammit if I don't make that look soooooo good!!!! 😀

Nice job on the pics Jon.  We beat their asses 10-4~!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Dammit if I don't make that look soooooo good!!!! 😀

Nice job on the pics Jon.  We beat their asses 10-4~!

They do look good, I'm on my way to converting you 🤣  I won my game on the other rink 4-1 with a goal and an assist, must've been the yellow laces.  If you guys ever need a fill  in let me know, you'll get a ton of photos in return lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

They do look good, I'm on my way to converting you 🤣  I won my game on the other rink 4-1 with a goal and an assist, must've been the yellow laces.  If you guys ever need a fill  in let me know, you'll get a ton of photos in return lol

I'd love that!!  Adding a 20th skater to my roster!  #beerleaguedomination #signeveryplayer

• Haha 2