Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
DarkStar50

Bauer Logo Change ? !!!

There is a LOT to unpack here. Choosing a player on the Blackhawks and Kane himself as someone to introduce a logo that is supposed to promote inclusivity and diversity is definitely a choice.

I want to know how many "not important" people sat in the meetings discussing this and offering warnings but the higher ups always just push forward. Anyone who has worked in the corporate world knows exactly the meetings I am talking about.

• Like 2

If you have to explain that your video is a ‘rebranding’ of your logo on your Instagram post I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that’s considered a fail.

18 hours ago, PBH said:

If you think the new logo change is funny, just wait until you see the names of the the 2022 items being refreshed. 😕

Yea but now Bauer is all about being ‘inclusive’ so I’m sure, new names aside, that they’re taking appropriate measures to reduce the costs of their products to open up the game to more people…

right???

• Haha 1

The announcement had all the feel of an April Fools Day social media hoax.  Except it isn't anywhere near April and it was completely real (I think).

As someone above said, a lot to unpack between the laughably bad logo and the choice of Kane in the announcement and then the non-hockey related nonsense that really no one has asked for from a hockey equipment manufacturer.  And yes, execs are falling over themselves to show they are one of the "good ones" and an "ally."  Entirely strange.

Howdy,

1 hour ago, gerbe3:16 said:

and then the non-hockey related nonsense that really no one has asked for from a hockey equipment manufacturer.  And yes, execs are falling over themselves to show they are one of the "good ones" and an "ally."  Entirely strange.

They could do way worse things.  If my choice is between execs falling over themselves to show they're good people / allies or the racist and misogynistic bullshit hockey (and lots of other things, tbf) tolerated for a long time, I'll take the allies.

Mark

• Like 1

Well, I don't like it. 

I can kind of see them wanting to use this as a way to try to blend in their Vapor line with the letter X. I guess it will take awhile to adjust. I didn't the new CCM logo when it first came out. Now, I'm used to it.

Working with a particular programming product called Microsoft Visual Studio Code, the logo appears almost similar.

ikysur95osy0deokuuji.png

On 10/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, marka said:

Howdy,

They could do way worse things.  If my choice is between execs falling over themselves to show they're good people / allies or the racist and misogynistic bullshit hockey (and lots of other things, tbf) tolerated for a long time, I'll take the allies.

Mark

Problem is who what team and player they used to show off the inclusive and non-misogynistic bullshit...

• Thanks 2

On 10/16/2021 at 6:12 PM, caveman27 said:

Well, I don't like it. 

I can kind of see them wanting to use this as a way to try to blend in their Vapor line with the letter X. I guess it will take awhile to adjust. I didn't the new CCM logo when it first came out. Now, I'm used to it.

Working with a particular programming product called Microsoft Visual Studio Code, the logo appears almost similar.

ikysur95osy0deokuuji.png

Funny, I was on a zoom call last week, saw this app in the presenter’s dock, and immediately thought about how the Bauer logo ripped it off 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, start_today said:

Am I looking at the wrong video? The link posted doesn’t have Kane or anyone, just the rink and the b. 

Kane was on the previous videos:

It's also "one line missing" strikingly close to the new Meta logo....rebranding of industry leaders these days is getting a little ridiculous.  I guess they have to find a way to justify all the money they are spending in the marketing departments and get all that new logo apparel out. 😛

I still love rocking my old Nike Bauer wear...and see the puzzled look from the younglings that were born after the sale.

Edited by MLSman
  • Like 1