Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Thth285

CCM Fit System

Does anyone have experience with the new CCM Fit System? They say it’s supposed to be better, but It seems like now theres fewer options. For instance, I wear a Jetspeed EE, according to the charts, this puts me in the middle “Regular Fit”, however Regular fit also encompasses Tacks D and Ribcor D, which have significantly more volume. How can all three Jetspeed EE, Tacks D, Ribcor D feet all fit into the same boot now? 

14 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

I went through the process fully expecting to be in an EE but ended up in FT4 D. Couldn’t be happier with what I got. 

Regular fit?

Apologies, I read it as Custom Fit system. Are you able to try them on in person?

im sure there was some change as CCM transitioned to the new boots, Pures website has a pretty comprehensive comparison chart I’d be inclined to trust it’s accuracy

Edited by Buzz_LightBeer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thth285 said:

How can all three Jetspeed EE, Tacks D, Ribcor D feet all fit into the same boot now? 

Without going into a lot of details of my very recent experience with CCM customs  I can confirm that you’re spot on with your concern: it’s a complete misconception that the marketing machine has created that fit system unified how all 3 CCM lines fit. In reality each boot is designed to flex differently and it’s reflected in the cut of the quarters. And it can’t even be materially altered through the customs process. Ie AS3 has the most volume in the same fit out of all 3 lines, followed by FT4, then 100K. 
All CCM boots also seem to have a lot more L-shaped eyelet pattern than Bauer’s, that have the slopped eyelet pattern. 

You have to ignore  everything they've told you in the past. CCM has changed the way they build the boot so a player can choose a skate based strictly on their game, not the shape of their foot.

Speaking strictly the retail offerings from CCM. During my fitting I was able to try on all three CCM skates. The Jetspeeds and ribcors were part of the three fit system, the Tacks was not (that will happen on the Tacks skate). Anyway, a tapered Jetspeed fit fairly close to a tapered Ribcor. There were some minor fit differences between the two but not enough to where one fit and the other didn't. The Tacks felt completely different, which it should since it's not part of the fit system. You also have some levers to pull to adjust the fit without going custom. You can swap out the tongues and footbeds to increase/decrease volume. 

Pure does a decent job breaking it down. I found their comps to Bauer pretty spot on too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stick9 said:

You have to ignore  everything they've told you in the past. CCM has changed the way they build the boot so a player can choose a skate based strictly on their game, not the shape of their foot.

I recently went through fitting process with the rep, twice, and the feedback was that each boot is built differently because it's meant to flex differently, so quarters are inherently different and it can't be materially changed even by advancing/reducing the facing. ie even through customs they can't make a skate that fits like AS3, but has internals of FT4 and looks of 100K.

So even leaving AS3 aside, FT4 in the same fit as 100K will fit differently. It's evident by the eyelet config on each skate like, which is designed specifically for the unique flex profile of each skate.
it might not be noticeable if your foot is somewhat compatible with either last, but if it's not then you'd feel it right away. 

12 hours ago, SolarWind said:

I recently went through fitting process with the rep, twice, and the feedback was that each boot is built differently because it's meant to flex differently, so quarters are inherently different and it can't be materially changed even by advancing/reducing the facing. ie even through customs they can't make a skate that fits like AS3, but has internals of FT4 and looks of 100K.

So even leaving AS3 aside, FT4 in the same fit as 100K will fit differently. It's evident by the eyelet config on each skate like, which is designed specifically for the unique flex profile of each skate.
it might not be noticeable if your foot is somewhat compatible with either last, but if it's not then you'd feel it right away. 

Yes, each boot has it's own unique make-up. Which will make the skate feel different on your foot, but both are built to fit the same foot shape or profile. 

Yes, the FT4 felt different than the 100k but they both fit my foot about the same. When I say fit, I mean length, width & depth.

The point being, if you're in a tapered FT4 and switch to a Ribcor, your still in a tapered fit. 

Edited by stick9

12 hours ago, SolarWind said:

. ie even through customs they can't make a skate that fits like AS3, but has internals of FT4 and looks of 100K.

It's not that they can't, it's that they won't. Least not for the masses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stick9 said:

Yes, the FT4 felt different than the 100k but they both fit my foot about the same. When I say fit, I mean length, width & depth.

That's definitely Not the experience I had personally. Length/width wise the fit is similar. However volume wise and the overall cut wise different lines fit and feel quite differently on my feet.

To a point that in 100K my ankle bone was almost pressing @ the eyelets, and I was failing the pencil test badly around 4-5th eyelets, but in FT4 pro it was noticeably better.  

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 10:15 AM, SolarWind said:

That's definitely Not the experience I had personally. Length/width wise the fit is similar. However volume wise and the overall cut wise different lines fit and feel quite differently on my feet.

To a point that in 100K my ankle bone was almost pressing @ the eyelets, and I was failing the pencil test badly around 4-5th eyelets, but in FT4 pro it was noticeably better.  

+1 

Bumping this thread because I don't think it warrants a new topic. I just got 100k pros in both tapered and regular and I swear they fit exactly the same. 

Has anyone else experienced this? 

2 hours ago, pulax30 said:

Bumping this thread because I don't think it warrants a new topic. I just got 100k pros in both tapered and regular and I swear they fit exactly the same. 

I hate that in store stock is so terrible right now. I can't even try the skates I want. Literally have to buy a bunch online and return. Good thing PayPal offers return shipping reimbursement. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

I hate that in store stock is so terrible right now. I can't even try the skates I want. Literally have to buy a bunch online and return. Good thing PayPal offers return shipping reimbursement. 

That's what I'm doing. FT4pro regular was just a little too wide. I figured the 100ks would be the same, but it doesn't appear to be that way. I have tapered FT4pros coming friday. We'll see if there is a difference. 

Giving the credit card a work out for sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pulax30 said:

Similar in the forefoot, more narrow in the ankle/heel, slightly less depth. 

14 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Same boat here, thus my threads in this forum! I wish I knew about the PayPal return shipping reimbursement! Where is that clause?

IceWarehouse provides free shipping and free returns, but PureHockey charges $11.99 shipping and $8.99 returns. I'm not sure what HockeyMonkey charges for returns.

On 10/20/2021 at 12:06 AM, SolarWind said:

Without going into a lot of details of my very recent experience with CCM customs  I can confirm that you’re spot on with your concern: it’s a complete misconception that the marketing machine has created that fit system unified how all 3 CCM lines fit. In reality each boot is designed to flex differently and it’s reflected in the cut of the quarters. And it can’t even be materially altered through the customs process. Ie AS3 has the most volume in the same fit out of all 3 lines, followed by FT4, then 100K. 
All CCM boots also seem to have a lot more L-shaped eyelet pattern than Bauer’s, that have the slopped eyelet pattern. 

I think Bauer's Vapor line has more of a L-shaped eyelet pattern, while their Supreme line is more of the slopped eyelet pattern.  Does anyone know the pros/cons of each?  

14 hours ago, PBH said:

Similar in the forefoot, more narrow in the ankle/heel, slightly less depth. 

Thanks for that explanation. They do feel very close but different. 

7 hours ago, beedee said:

Same boat here, thus my threads in this forum! I wish I knew about the PayPal return shipping reimbursement! Where is that clause?

IceWarehouse provides free shipping and free returns, but PureHockey charges $11.99 shipping and $8.99 returns. I'm not sure what HockeyMonkey charges for returns.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/for-you/shop/refunded-returns

That's the link for PayPal Canada, but I'm pretty sure it's the same in the US.

Edited by boo10
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CaptainCharisma said:

I think Bauer's Vapor line has more of a L-shaped eyelet pattern, while their Supreme line is more of the slopped eyelet pattern.  Does anyone know the pros/cons of each?  

According to Bauer, the Vapor has a more traditional L-shaped eyelet pattern with less material around the foot to allow for more agility, which is one of 6 aspects of the skate designed to differentiate the Vapor as an agility skate. The Supreme has a more sloped cut which wraps the foot better for more stability, and again is one of 6 aspects of the skate meant to designate it as a power skate. The eyelet pattern is designed to work with the eyelet facing to accentuate the attributes of each line.

I tried my buddy's hyperlite in fit 2 and damn... Heel lock was non existent.  Mind you it wasn't baked and brand new but still. The last Bauer skate I wore was the one100 and the heel lock was great. Guess I'll pop into my local store tomorrow to try on some ccm narrow and regular fit and also fit 1 for Bauer. 

58 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

I tried my buddy's hyperlite in fit 2 and damn... Heel lock was non existent.  Mind you it wasn't baked and brand new but still. The last Bauer skate I wore was the one100 and the heel lock was great. Guess I'll pop into my local store tomorrow to try on some ccm narrow and regular fit and also fit 1 for Bauer. 

Keep us posted on what you find when trying on other skates. My foot was a Fit 2 according to the Bauer 3D scanner, but I felt similar when trying on a Supreme Fit 2, not as loose in the Vapor Fit 2. But the Fit 1 munched the outside of my forefeet. I’m pretty much a D+ or E- if you will in the “old” systems. Kind of sucks being on the cusp. 

• Like 1

Be careful when you're scanned. I recently was scanned on a Bauer scanner in Virginia and was told I was a fit 2. I'm not. I was in Minneapolis last weekend and went to the Bauer experience store. I was scanned again and was a fit 1. Much better fit. The guy who fitted me says this happens all the time. 

Edited by pulax30

On 1/27/2022 at 10:32 AM, CaptainCharisma said:

The sloped eyelet system of the Ultrasonic and old Graf skates are good for players with the need for a lot of heel depth like myself.  The sloped eyelets generally give you more room for high arches and high insteps. The L-shaped eyelets of most other models locks your heel in place but is the worst for people who have the need for a lot of volume.  

On 1/26/2022 at 7:26 PM, pulax30 said:

Toe box the same width?