Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lfntn10

Hyperlite skates shin pain

Skated for the first time in my Hyperlites tonight, and man I got incredible shin pain during and after the game, like the pain is right above where the tongue ends.  Am I not getting enough support there?  I don't think its the boot stiffness, as I havent experienced this with my AS3 Pros and thats supposed to be the stiffest boot in the market.  I also never experienced this when I had my 2x Pros either.  I'm wondering if its because I sized down to a 5.5, that the boot cut might be a bit smaller?  I don't think it's my profile either.  My CCMs have a Zuperior S with a 20mm pitch, and by Bauers, since theyre a 5.5 @ 246 runners, is a Zuperior XS with a 17mm pitch.

Any insight would be nice.

Thanks!

Edited by Lfntn10

Could be a musculus tibialis anterior syndrome or shin pain. Both is induced through a overload of muscles or their insertions. Get used to the new skates a little more slowly and don't tie your upper laces too tight. 

8 hours ago, Lfntn10 said:

Skated for the first time in my Hyperlites tonight, and man I got incredible shin pain during and after the game, like the pain is right above where the tongue ends.  Am I not getting enough support there?  I don't think its the boot stiffness, as I havent experienced this with my AS3 Pros and thats supposed to be the stiffest boot in the market.  I also never experienced this when I had my 2x Pros either.  I'm wondering if its because I sized down to a 5.5, that the boot cut might be a bit smaller?  I don't think it's my profile either.  My CCMs have a Zuperior S with a 20mm pitch, and by Bauers, since theyre a 5.5 @ 246 runners, is a Zuperior XS with a 17mm pitch.

Any insight would be nice.

Thanks!

Did you use the Othermove insoles in the CCM skates and are you using the standard "junk" footbeds in your Bauers?

Edited by PBH

27 minutes ago, PBH said:

Did you use the Othermove insoles in the CCM skates and are you using the standard "junk" footbeds in your Bauers?

I'm actually using Superfeet in these as those gave me a better heel lock than both the Orthomoves and the standard Bauer footbed.  I know Superfeet give you an extra pitch as well, but I didnt have the pain issue when I used these in my 100ks.

Edited by Lfntn10

If the pain is muscular (vs. skin abrasion), it's just because you're using different muscles (or the same muscles differently) than you were using in your old skates.

On 10/25/2021 at 5:48 PM, Lfntn10 said:

Skated for the first time in my Hyperlites tonight, and man I got incredible shin pain during and after the game, like the pain is right above where the tongue ends.  Am I not getting enough support there? 

What fit are you in?