Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Westside

Question about DIY punching

Hey all, quick question with a brief background. Last week I had back to back games and was on the ice for about 3.5-4 hours. I ended up getting a nasty blister on the inside/side arch of my right foot. Never had this happen with a skate before and hadn’t it happen with these skates (True TF9) in the first 6 or so games that I’ve used them for.  I also don’t have this problem with my other set of TF9s that I use for roller. No change to the tongue placement, socks used, Superfeet, etc. At first I thought maybe it was the tape tab on the insoles rubbing against my foot/sock so I cut the tape, but I’m still get rubbing there. Can’t think of any reason why rubbing would all of a sudden start which led me down the rabbit hole of skate punching. 

I came across some DIY tips from years ago and decided to give it a shot. I have a c-clamp and an oval stone to apply pressure and reshape the area that’s giving me problem. I wasn’t planning on heating the skate, just leaving the clamp on overnight. Are there any reasons I shouldn’t punch this area out? Will letting it sit for 12 hours keep the foams how I punch them or should it be longer? Any other ideas on what might have begun to cause this? I don’t get any movement in the heel or front to back and my foot is suctioned in the boot when I remove them, but I guess if I’m getting a blister, clearly there’s movement somewhere. 

Slopping Neosporin on the blister non-stop in hopes of healing it up for this week’s game. Was pretty brutal to play on by the end of the second game. Hoping punching the boot out and using moleskin for the next few games will eliminate the problem, but as I’ve never had this problem I’m looking for someone with more experience.