Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeffg

prostockhockeysticks

does anyone know anything about these sticks? www. prostockhockeysticks.com      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YLQahGCvA0    searched and could not come up anything

47 minutes ago, BenBreeg said:

I think @PBH has tried them and likes them, maybe he will chime in.

He is legit. Sticks are very good! Nice balance, pop, weight distribution! I would rate his sticks just as good as a top of the line CCM/Bauer/Warrior. 

• Like 3

I use them.  I did the custom batch of 5 and did a other order of custom of 2.  I won’t use anything else.  Geppetto is legit.  I’ll add the podcast he did with sean Avery 

• Like 1

Sticks are solid and the options are REALLY good. There is a review on YouTube that goes into it more that I can't link here.

With that said, I don't think they are as good as the newest top end sticks though, just slightly behind Bauer and CCM. For me they compared to the Jetspeed stick and not the FT3 Pro, and 2N Pro and not the Geo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hills said:

Sticks are solid and the options are REALLY good. There is a review on YouTube that goes into it more that I can't link here.

With that said, I don't think they are as good as the newest top end sticks though, just slightly behind Bauer and CCM. For me they compared to the Jetspeed stick and not the FT3 Pro, and 2N Pro and not the Geo.

I think if you are comparing his $160USD stick to the "big brands" sticks at or near the same price point, his sticks are significantly better.

I agree, they aren't as good as a GEO, Project X, FT4 Pro, Trigger 6 Pro, AS4 Pro, etc. but at nearly half the cost they are pretty fantastic.

If I had to choose between a Hyperlite and one his sticks, I would take his stick 100% of the time. Then again, I absolutely hate the Hyperlite, lol. 

• Like 1

His assessments of blades seems a bit off a lot of the time, so I'd take what he says about patterns with a dose of salt.

3 hours ago, flip12 said:

His assessments of blades seems a bit off a lot of the time, so I'd take what he says about patterns with a dose of salt.

In what way?

It would be too much to do a full catalog of errata but some examples that come to mind are...

• referencing the wrong original curve: Malkin pro as a modified P88 when the most common Malkin pro is much closer to an E4
  • missing similarities: Kovalev pro rocker and Hossa pro rocker are very similar (usually--both players had a lot of variants) and their very slight deviations from the P89
  • posting the wrong pattern picture: the P71 he introduced as the Burns, MacKinnon, and Barzal pro pattern looked more like the E13 than the W10 Gionta that they were using at the time
  • not seeing what he's looking at or how the curve is performing: he says the McDavid is basically the same curve as the P92 when it's clearly got a mid-toe pocket, similar to an Ovechkin pro. He notices it shoots like it's curved the way it actually is, but he misidentifies it when talking analyzing the curve geometry in the first segment of his McDavid pro pattern video.
  • Like 2

I’m giving a thumbs up to Geppetto and his sticks. Tons of options and at the prices he’s offering them for, he can’t be beat. Sure if you’re a generic P28/P92 you can go with whatever brand name or pro stock twig. But if you’re an old school curve guy who loves trying out new things or hunting down pro stock options there’s no comparison.

I’ve got one of the ‘Easton’ builds with a Hull curve and a Kuzy in the super light option he offers, both are awesome in performance and seem to be holding up well. Can’t wait to see him offer more options and hopefully speed up the delivery time. That would be my only issue, but again to get what you’re getting, it’s worth the wait.

• Like 1

I ordered a " in stock" Nathan Mackinnon stick, blue line mid flex (85flex).  I have used it in one men's league game so far.  The stick has good balance and pop.  I would say it is close to being on par with a bauer 2n pro.  The blade is not as dampened.  No it is not a ft4 or a geo (which I have used), but the stick works well and feels good.  The Mackinnon curve is taking a little getting use to coming from a p28.  The curve IMO is very similar to a CCM P90tm.  It is a little flatter and the lie is lower (which I like as I prefer a 5 lie)

• Like 1

How is the flex rating compared to other manufacturers? Do you guys feel like it plays stiffer or weaker than normal (CCM sticks seems like they play a bit stiffer than their Bauer counter part)? Trying to decide between a 77 or 70 flex. I tend to cut at least an inch to 1.5 inch off the top of current retail sticks.

Can't say wrt int, but sr is accurate.

Big fan of Geppetto, highly recommend the sticks. They are close to top of the line sticks in performance, custom options are amazing.

Unfortunately, just saw on his insta this morning that the nhlpa sent him a cease and desist email re posting pics of NHLers and using player names for his curves. I get the second one, but he posts from Getty images, so not exactly sure what authority the NHLPA have over that.

Anyway, someone above mentioned his way of describing curves, which I agree, it is a bit odd. I recently have been using a stack of Warrior W10 retail Gionta curves and love them. Asked his rec and he suggested Gino pro, which I have and can say that the Gionta has a lower lie and a way bigger toe hook than Malkin. From his visualizer, it looks to me like Hossa, Kovy or Spezza are much closer to W10. The other thing that irks me is that he changes the lie, often making it higher than the actual pro curve. 

• Like 1

I get the NHLPA objecting to his use of player images because his SoMe is his marketing. I believe you can’t use a player’s name or image for marketing without compensating them, and his use would seem to apply to that.

14 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Anyway, someone above mentioned his way of describing curves, which I agree, it is a bit odd. I recently have been using a stack of Warrior W10 retail Gionta curves and love them. Asked his rec and he suggested Gino pro, which I have and can say that the Gionta has a lower lie and a way bigger toe hook than Malkin. From his visualizer, it looks to me like Hossa, Kovy or Spezza are much closer to W10. The other thing that irks me is that he changes the lie, often making it higher than the actual pro curve. 

If you're liking the W10-Gionta, PSHS' MacKinnon Pro looks like it's pretty much that. Any slight modifications that may have been made are hard to see without a real side-to-side comparison, but I'm fairly certain MacKinnon Pro is a vanilla(ish) W10.

8 hours ago, flip12 said:

If you're liking the W10-Gionta, PSHS' MacKinnon Pro looks like it's pretty much that. Any slight modifications that may have been made are hard to see without a real side-to-side comparison, but I'm fairly certain MacKinnon Pro is a vanilla(ish) W10.

MacKinnon looks like it's a bit more open faced and looks like it's missing that real hard hook right up to the tip of the blade

On 11/15/2021 at 12:22 AM, flip12 said:

I get the NHLPA objecting to his use of player images because his SoMe is his marketing. I believe you can’t use a player’s name or image for marketing without compensating them, and his use would seem to apply to that.

I view it more like a fan page. Dude loves sticks and curves. If I were him I would definitely look into my options to take legal action, but he doesn't seem like that kinda guy.

28 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

I view it more like a fan page. Dude loves sticks and curves. If I were him I would definitely look into my options to take legal action, but he doesn't seem like that kinda guy.

Is there an exchange of goods or services for money involved in this fan page’s activity?