Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeffg

prostockhockeysticks

2 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

The Instagram page is clearly a business page, not little Johnny's fan page.

So is all of the major hockey influencer accounts but NHLPA doesn't go after them.

Every single account that uses an NHLPHA member's likeness should be targeted in the same manner, but it isn't. Those accounts use the likeness of the members to grow themselves and sell merch or ad spots, this account probably got a member or a member's sponsor pissed off so they are going after them.

• Like 1

There's no claim of an endorsement, and it seems to me like nothing that a nice big "no players shown here are sponsored or endorse our sticks" can't fix. But either way, dudes gonna change his pattern names to something funny. 

51 minutes ago, Hills said:

So is all of the major hockey influencer accounts but NHLPA doesn't go after them.

Every single account that uses an NHLPHA member's likeness should be targeted in the same manner, but it isn't. Those accounts use the likeness of the members to grow themselves and sell merch or ad spots, this account probably got a member or a member's sponsor pissed off so they are going after them.

OK, but different argument.  The statement was made that it was a fan page, it clearly is the marketing arm of a business.

3 minutes ago, BenBreeg said:

OK, but different argument.  The statement was made that it was a fan page, it clearly is the marketing arm of a business.

That is fair, I would say majority of people won't see those other influencers as businesses though.

12 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Hope Sean Avery helps him get some support from the pros to get permission to use their images

Does Avery have that much clout with today’s players? Even if he does, is an individual exemption possible when you’re the member of a union? On top of that, a lot of the names he’s using are on competing products.

18 hours ago, Hills said:

Who says they should?

On 11/15/2021 at 9:57 PM, Miller55 said:

MacKinnon looks like it's a bit more open faced and looks like it's missing that real hard hook right up to the tip of the blade

Geppetto disagrees with you: 

In the first minute he says it's CCM's P71, which is different from Warrior's W71 and also similar to but not quite the same as Malkin Pro, which is strange because that's right back to where we started: you were enjoying the W10 and he pushed the Malkin Pro even though he says he doesn't think they're that similar.

Also, depending on the Malkin Pro variation, the lie isn't that far off. W10 has that common pro feature of a radiused heel, for handling the puck a little further away from the body. One of the minor blade shape differences between my Malkin Pros (not sure they match with PSHS' Malkin Pro) and E4s is my Malkins are a little more square at the heel and the toe--not actually square just not as radiused as the E4--otherwise, the similarity is unmistakable. This will make the W10 read as quite a bit lower if you try and line up the heels' lies. But if you look at the blades overall, the W10 is quite flat on the last 85% of the blade, even flatter in rocker than the E4, which is close to as little blade rocker as you can find. These subtleties of rocker moments are what separate the W10 from my Malkin Pros, which overall have approximately the same lie. Both would be rated 4 under Warrior's old system, or 5 under Easton's pre-E28.

Edited by flip12
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 11:03 AM, PBH said:

I think if you are comparing his $160USD stick to the "big brands" sticks at or near the same price point, his sticks are significantly better.

I agree, they aren't as good as a GEO, Project X, FT4 Pro, Trigger 6 Pro, AS4 Pro, etc. but at nearly half the cost they are pretty fantastic.

If I had to choose between a Hyperlite and one his sticks, I would take his stick 100% of the time. Then again, I absolutely hate the Hyperlite, lol. 

Hyperlite is a garbage stick, the fact bauer came up with that 2 years in development after the flylite tells me alot about Bauer. I want to try one of these prosticks looks interesting at the price point

• Like 1

14 hours ago, flip12 said:

Geppetto disagrees with you: 

In the first minute he says it's CCM's P71, which is different from Warrior's W71 and also similar to but not quite the same as Malkin Pro, which is strange because that's right back to where we started: you were enjoying the W10 and he pushed the Malkin Pro even though he says he doesn't think they're that similar.

Also, depending on the Malkin Pro variation, the lie isn't that far off. W10 has that common pro feature of a radiused heel, for handling the puck a little further away from the body. One of the minor blade shape differences between my Malkin Pros (not sure they match with PSHS' Malkin Pro) and E4s is my Malkins are a little more square at the heel and the toe--not actually square just not as radiused as the E4--otherwise, the similarity is unmistakable. This will make the W10 read as quite a bit lower if you try and line up the heels' lies. But if you look at the blades overall, the W10 is quite flat on the last 85% of the blade, even flatter in rocker than the E4, which is close to as little blade rocker as you can find. These subtleties of rocker moments are what separate the W10 from my Malkin Pros, which overall have approximately the same lie. Both would be rated 4 under Warrior's old system, or 5 under Easton's pre-E28.

I'll give it a try then when I need one. Thanks for posting the vid

• Like 1

Got my Mackinnon pro curve from PSHS today and off the bat I'm already impressed with the stick with how much I paid for it.  Just as light as the top end sticks and looking at the curve, it looks like it's going to work out well for me.  I can't wait to try it out in tomorrow's game.

On 11/18/2021 at 2:46 PM, Beerleaguebumhockey said:

Hyperlite is a garbage stick, the fact bauer came up with that 2 years in development after the flylite tells me alot about Bauer. I want to try one of these prosticks looks interesting at the price point

You should do a review on a PSHS stick, curious to know your thoughts.  I shared the same feelings as you regarding the hyperlite, it doesnt feel too special and loading the stick felt annoying to me. 

Edited by Lfntn10

On 11/20/2021 at 12:05 PM, Lfntn10 said:

Got my Mackinnon pro curve from PSHS today and off the bat I'm already impressed with the stick with how much I paid for it.  Just as light as the top end sticks and looking at the curve, it looks like it's going to work out well for me.  I can't wait to try it out in tomorrow's game.

You should do a review on a PSHS stick, curious to know your thoughts.  I shared the same feelings as you regarding the hyperlite, it doesnt feel too special and loading the stick felt annoying to me. 

Im currently working with them to get one on a group buy with my team. Hopefully can pick one up. 

I finally got to test out my 70 flex and 77 flex Silfverberg mid kick red lines I picked up months ago.  They are light, well balanced and shoot well.  Need to have more ice time with them, but so far I’m pleased.

Just popped in to say that I have sticks from Geppetto.

Easton Build (Stealth '05), Z-Tac blade, 400grams, Kane pro curve, gold stripe.

Took the PSHS sticks and one of my original Stealths to a game and used them both in warmies and during the game - could barely tell the difference. 

9.5/10, would recommend. Would be a 10/10 if he offered the CNT shaft shape along with the Stealth. Can't beat the price point, and the options are really really really good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bl4 said:

Has anyone tried one of the "Wood Grain" or "Wood Line" sticks? https://prostockhockeysticks.com/collections/pro-stock-sticks/products/limited-edition-wood-grain-pro-stock-hockey-stick-right?variant=42235366146294

I'm wondering if they're the same as the usual models but with different graphics or if there's any non-cosmetic difference.

Same sticks just painted

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Westside said:

Wait, so they’re not actually wood sticks? Just carbon sticks painted to look like wood?

I can't tell if you are serious or not... but yes they are normal carbon sticks painted to look like wood. These were the ones that gave the original idea:
https://www.hockeyworld.com/Nike-Bauer-Vapor-XXX-Lite-WOODY-Composite-Stick-Senior

There are also companies that claim to have incorporated wood into their more modern stick designs (e.g., the old Louisville Tricore or the Verbero Cypress). My sense is that those experiments met with little success. The reason I had asked in the first place was that I don't care about a gimmicky paint job but worry if there's a gimmicky addition to the stick structurally. And, there's precedent for such gimmicky additions.

3 hours ago, Hills said:

I can't tell if you are serious or not... but yes they are normal carbon sticks painted to look like wood. These were the ones that gave the original idea:
https://www.hockeyworld.com/Nike-Bauer-Vapor-XXX-Lite-WOODY-Composite-Stick-Senior

Just saw wood sticks and didn't zoom and enhance the photos on the site. Thought maybe he was branching out into wood! 🤷‍♂️

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a couple of these - the Ovie clone in the "redline" build and the Lidstrom clone. They just arrived and look and feel great. Will add notes once I have a chance to try them on the ice.