Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeffg

prostockhockeysticks

On 6/3/2022 at 8:08 AM, Beerleaguebumhockey said:

Please tell me what stick lasted you a competitive hockey season for that long. 3 months for a top end stick for that much ice is extremely impressive. I can barely get a month out of most top end sticks as a rec hockey player. You using an aluminum easton? jk but seriously your expectations for a stick seem off. 

The only stick I have ever used that would last was the Bauer Nexus 1000 from ten years ago.  It weighted in at 415 grams and had something called eLASTech which was something they added to the stick to prevent micro cracks from spreading.  

If I were prostockhockeysticks I would look at that stick and reverse engineer it.  Something about that stick worked.  Weather it was the eLASTech or something else I have no idea.

I own a prostockhockeystick blueline 85 flex Laine(sp?).  I have yet to use it but it feels great it the living room..  I wanted to try the curve and the price was right.

Bauer Nexus 1000 stick

Edited by Beflar

4 minutes ago, Beflar said:

The only stick I have ever used that would last was the Bauer Nexus 1000 from ten years ago.  It weighted in at 415 grams and had something called eLASTech which was something they added to the stick to prevent micro cracks from spreading.  

If I were prostockhockeysticks I would look at that and reverse engineer it.  Something about that stick worked.  Weather it was the eLASTech or something else I have no idea.

I own a prostockhockeystick blueline 85 flex Laine(sp?).  I have yet to use it but it feels great it the living room..  I wanted to try the curve..  

Bauer Nexus 1000 stick

My favourite stick of all time.  I loved that thing.  Finally broke when some fat guy fell on it and I was so upset I had to drink extra beer after the game.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 2:28 PM, 218hockey said:

I never commented on any specific stick.

I just said manufacturers have nowhere left to go besides making the 400g stick perform longer. That would be the real improvement. Everything else is just a lie.

There’s no incentive to make a stick that lasts longer. Put new graphics on a stick, charge $15 more, re-release it every year, and then do an “LE” version for $20 more with limited run graphics  

• Like 1

I’m a fan of my red line builds, have 3 with the Laine curve, mid kick, 70 flex. I also have most top of the line sticks and echo what people have said, they definitely are in the same category performance wise. I won’t rate them against each other because sticks are all personal preference in the end.

Ie) I actually like my CCM team pro stocks over some top of the line sticks. 

Which brings me to my point, anyone have experience with the Third Line? Debating getting one just because I love that generation of CCM’s (tacks 2.0). 

Also, has anyone tried the g63 build? Would love to order that too but no idea what that would play like…

thanks!

2 hours ago, Yardelm said:

I’m a fan of my red line builds, have 3 with the Laine curve, mid kick, 70 flex. I also have most top of the line sticks and echo what people have said, they definitely are in the same category performance wise. I won’t rate them against each other because sticks are all personal preference in the end.

Ie) I actually like my CCM team pro stocks over some top of the line sticks. 

Which brings me to my point, anyone have experience with the Third Line? Debating getting one just because I love that generation of CCM’s (tacks 2.0). 

Also, has anyone tried the g63 build? Would love to order that too but no idea what that would play like…

thanks!

I have two third line sticks, Pro97 and Pro28 in 77 and 85 respectively. I have had them since October and have held up well. 

the PRO28 similar in feel to my pro stock tacks 2.0 stick in a p28.

I like a slightly heavier stick, some of the really light sticks are too light for me. these third lines perform great and are well balanced. I can’t compare to the Redlines but I have a lot of sticks and typically look for balance and feel over price tag. these have been moved up to the top my stick rack 

I made a order for two custom G63 builds, I ordered a 70 flex and it felt more like a 95 flex. On ice when I could actually load the stick it was good, the blade was a tad stiff though. Just my two cents

Interesting on the third line sticks. The extra weight is fine, it’s not even that much compared to most top tier sticks (20-30 grams more). Like I said in my post, I like my ccm team sticks better than some top tier sticks, they just feel smooth! I suspect it would be similar with these then given the build technique. In fact my ccm trigger 7 team stick is my go to right now over my Jetspeeds, flylites, hyperlites, 2NPROXL’s, super tacks and Pro’s… weird I know I just like the team sticks 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

14 minutes ago, Dmitrakov said:

I made a order for two custom G63 builds, I ordered a 70 flex and it felt more like a 95 flex. On ice when I could actually load the stick it was good, the blade was a tad stiff though. Just my two cents

Oh wow, that stiff?! I do like an easy loading stick, it sounds like you have to put a lot into that then?

27 minutes ago, start_today said:

What are the blades on these like? Are they more on the pingy side, or more on the dampened side?

Can anyone compare them to the blade on a retail stick?

blades are stiff but still have good puck feel and imo are actually unique but in a good way. Maybe not as stiff as a flylite, but close yet they have better puck feel… maybe similar to maybe trigger… my thoughts 

Edited by Yardelm

16 minutes ago, Yardelm said:

Interesting on the third line sticks. The extra weight is fine, it’s not even that much compared to most top tier sticks (20-30 grams more). Like I said in my post, I like my ccm team sticks better than some top tier sticks, they just feel smooth! I suspect it would be similar with these then given the build technique. In fact my ccm trigger 7 team stick is my go to right now over my Jetspeeds, flylites, hyperlites, 2NPROXL’s, super tacks and Pro’s… weird I know I just like the team sticks 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Oh wow, that stiff?! I do like an easy loading stick, it sounds like you have to put a lot into that then?

blades are stiff but still have good puck feel and imo are actually unique but in a good way. Maybe not as stiff as a flylite, but close yet they have better puck feel… maybe similar to maybe trigger… my thoughts 

edit:

Could someone post a picture of the pro28 pasta/fisher curve vs a ccm/Bauer p28? I was speaking to Geppetto and he said the pro28 is a bit different than retail p28’s so I’d be curious to see how?

3 hours ago, Dmitrakov said:

That's a huge issue if the flex is that off. Reminds me of the blackout stick I got from HSM. Ordered 75 and it felt legit like 95...  They obviously all come from the same factory in china more or less. You're just paying for tht customization with prostockhockey

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

That's a huge issue if the flex is that off. Reminds me of the blackout stick I got from HSM. Ordered 75 and it felt legit like 95...  They obviously all come from the same factory in china more or less. You're just paying for tht customization with prostockhockey

Yep exactly their QC department could use some work. Yardelm, I got the pasta/fisher curve on my G63's. The curve is a tad more open than a bauer P28 I'd say, and the blade is thicker than I personally like

3 hours ago, Yardelm said:

edit:

Could someone post a picture of the pro28 pasta/fisher curve vs a ccm/Bauer p28? I was speaking to Geppetto and he said the pro28 is a bit different than retail p28’s so I’d be curious to see how?

From left to right. Bauer, PRO, CCM, STX.

the Bauer 2s team stick is used for outdoor roller on coated concrete so the blade is worn and sits on the floor differently then the other 3.

the STX has never been used and is not taped.

the others have a strip  horizontal tape on the blade.

82751A8A-079D-4875-9724-5EE878D472DD.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sturdy22 said:

From left to right. Bauer, PRO, CCM, STX.

the Bauer 2s team stick is used for outdoor roller on coated concrete so the blade is worn and sits on the floor differently then the other 3.

the STX has never been used and is not taped.

the others have a strip  horizontal tape on the blade.

82751A8A-079D-4875-9724-5EE878D472DD.jpeg

What a money shot. They all look pretty much the same to me. Wonder what the actual difference Geppetto was referring to is…  

Can you tell at all or so they play the same? I’ve always wanted to try a true fisher curve which apparently the pasta pro28 is.

53 minutes ago, Dmitrakov said:

Yep exactly their QC department could use some work. Yardelm, I got the pasta/fisher curve on my G63's. The curve is a tad more open than a bauer P28 I'd say, and the blade is thicker than I personally like

Whoops didn’t see this before my last post. Guess that answers it! 

Agree with QC though one of my 70’s felt easily like an 80+ flex. But a 95 flex would be a big disappointment after that long wait. 

11 minutes ago, Yardelm said:

What a money shot. They all look pretty much the same to me. Wonder what the actual difference Geppetto was referring to is…  

Can you tell at all or so they play the same? I’ve always wanted to try a true fisher curve which apparently the pasta pro28 is.

Maybe a little more on the toe of the PRO28 vs the Bauer and CCM. I only use the Bauer with a roller puck so that changes the feel on shots. I didn’t like the feel of the Bauer on ice compared to the CCM and PRO. The Bauer felt dead but it is a team stick.

im a long time flat heel curve user that was late to the sakic variants and only recently started using P28 curves.

21 minutes ago, Yardelm said:

Whoops didn’t see this before my last post. Guess that answers it! 

Agree with QC though one of my 70’s felt easily like an 80+ flex. But a 95 flex would be a big disappointment after that long wait. 

I personally wouldn't be able to use a stick that was 10 flex pts stiffer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dmitrakov said:

1 hour ago, sturdy22 said:

Maybe a little more on the toe of the PRO28 vs the Bauer and CCM. I only use the Bauer with a roller puck so that changes the feel on shots. I didn’t like the feel of the Bauer on ice compared to the CCM and PRO. The Bauer felt dead but it is a team stick.

im a long time flat heel curve user that was late to the sakic variants and only recently started using P28 curves.

Call me crazy but I like the sound of the pro28/fisher/pasta curve. I’ve always wanted a bit more toe and openness on the retail p28… roof that thing that much easier for the cookies. Yummy.

I held a Pasta/Fisher and P28 Bauer against eachother and could have easily been convinced they were identical blades 

edit: it was a Kucherov

ACDAA198-51A7-43F5-9342-996CE80E1680.jpeg

980FE776-47B4-4818-9E03-BE13EBFCE166.jpeg

Edited by Buzz_LightBeer

On 3/20/2023 at 9:04 AM, start_today said:

What are the blades on these like? Are they more on the pingy side, or more on the dampened side?

Can anyone compare them to the blade on a retail stick?

It depends on the carbon makeup of the stick for blade feel. I have red lines, yellow line, G63, Model E. G63 and Model E are more dampened and softer than the others.

Red Line and Yellow Line are close to recent Jetspeed for pinginess and blade feel.

Every stick I have has been on for flex (I have 7 of them).

21 hours ago, Dmitrakov said:

All of their sticks are flex tested... so it should be one of the best QC there is especially compared to off the shelf sticks.

41 minutes ago, Hills said:

It depends on the carbon makeup of the stick for blade feel. I have red lines, yellow line, G63, Model E. G63 and Model E are more dampened and softer than the others.

Red Line and Yellow Line are close to recent Jetspeed for pinginess and blade feel.

Every stick I have has been on for flex (I have 7 of them).

All of their sticks are flex tested... so it should be one of the best QC there is especially compared to off the shelf sticks.

They may be flex tested but they also could be a misprint for flex or put into the wrong "pile" which is also part of QC 

Edited by Sniper9

19 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

I held a Pasta/Fisher and P28 Bauer against eachother and could have easily been convinced they were identical blades 

edit: it was a Kucherov

ACDAA198-51A7-43F5-9342-996CE80E1680.jpeg

980FE776-47B4-4818-9E03-BE13EBFCE166.jpeg

Where did you get that kuch pro sample. Or is that one from Bauer's custom sample. 

I have 2 70 flex yellow lines - wanted to try two different blade patterns (Benn and McKinnon).  I like them a lot.  Especially for the price.  Not a huge fan of the super rounded shaft, hence thinking of going full custom.  I don't think I want to bump up to the 77.  My kid really liked the Red Line custom I got him.  Held up well through a full season of AAA peewee hockey as a defenseman (on ice 4-5 times a week).   

I have found the flex to be pretty spot on.  I have a pro stock 75 flex Jetspeed low-kick and the Pro is a bit whippier.  In fact my kid found the Pro to be a bit whippier than his 55 flex Jetspeeds for the same flex rating.  I went with mid-kick for him, so that could be why.  The Pro mid-kick seems like it is positioned on the shaft more similar to a Tack.  He seemed to take a bit more time to load.  I think we'll try the low-kick next time.  Planning an order once we get through try-outs.       

10 hours ago, Hills said:

Thanks!

How does the G63 shaft play? Is it a mid kick like the redline, or is it a different flex profile?

12 hours ago, start_today said:

Thanks!

How does the G63 shaft play? Is it a mid kick like the redline, or is it a different flex profile?

Mine is a full custom but I did it as a mid and it is the same as the Red Line and Model E

On 3/21/2023 at 10:00 AM, krisdrum said:

I have 2 70 flex yellow lines -  I don't think I want to bump up to the 77. 

I wanted a 74 'ish flex, but the choice was 70 or 77. What I did with my custom red line order was get the "Extended Height" (64") in a 70 flex and then cut them down to my normal length.

Both sticks feel exactly the same, they feel like a 73-74 when compared to my:  Sherwood TMP X2 75 flex & Warrior Alpha LXT 75 flex

Just an idea.