Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
akravetz

My Easton Mako finally broke

In need of a new stick. Loved my Mako5 but it just finally gave out. May it rest in pieces... (see what I did there..)

Anyway, I'm looking for a new stick. I had the Iginla curve but have also used the P88 and P92. Now that I'm buying a stick. what's a good curve for a 51yo short slow player who is lucky to even still be playing. I don't need $250 for a stick as it's beer league. But I am on the ice about four to five times a week as I coach two teams. My son loves the Nexus but they stopped making those and I kind of liked using his occasionally. 

Warrior? Bauer? A buddy told me to go black stick but you need to know what you want before you to do that option. 

Just want to hear from people who really know sticks before I go buy something. I have a game this weekend so I might get a quick crappy stick to get me through the game before I get a real one. 

I appreciate all the answers and still love reading the forums even if I don't post as much as I used to. Thanks again.

Andy in Peoria

5 hours ago, akravetz said:

In need of a new stick. Loved my Mako5 but it just finally gave out. May it rest in pieces... (see what I did there..)

Anyway, I'm looking for a new stick. I had the Iginla curve but have also used the P88 and P92. Now that I'm buying a stick. what's a good curve for a 51yo short slow player who is lucky to even still be playing. I don't need $250 for a stick as it's beer league. But I am on the ice about four to five times a week as I coach two teams. My son loves the Nexus but they stopped making those and I kind of liked using his occasionally. 

Warrior? Bauer? A buddy told me to go black stick but you need to know what you want before you to do that option. 

Just want to hear from people who really know sticks before I go buy something. I have a game this weekend so I might get a quick crappy stick to get me through the game before I get a real one. 

I appreciate all the answers and still love reading the forums even if I don't post as much as I used to. Thanks again.

Andy in Peoria

Check out www.prostockhockey.com for pro sticks. They are cheaper than retail and are $130 to 150 for the Bauers. Other brands are from $100 to $180. You may be able to find a Nexus or reskinned Nexus out there.

Edited by caveman27

You’re like the second person in two weeks posting about replacing their decade old Easton stick. Apparently they all had some backdoor engineering to break right before the 2021 holiday season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1