Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
CBnCO

Black Sticks

6 minutes ago, sweetblazer said:

Yeah that's fair I didn't mean to sat that it should feel the same, I guess I was just expecting it to feel better than it does. It's literally less than half the price of a top end stick and probably about half the price of a comparable model from the big manufactures. Feels well made, and I weighed it and it is exactly 400g. I'm curious how the REDLINE version at 375g feels now, I never thought 25g could make a noticeable difference but here we are I guess. 

25g really shouldn't make a huge difference in regards to a stick as long as it has good balance. I mean 4-5 seedless grapes or cherry tomatoes weigh around 25g for reference. That's almost nothing. 

Everyone loves to talk about stick weight, and compare and contrast models. However, a sticks balance is far more important than minimal weight gains/losses in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, OzziesDad said:

25g really shouldn't make a huge difference in regards to a stick as long as it has good balance. I mean 4-5 seedless grapes or cherry tomatoes weigh around 25g for reference. That's almost nothing. 

Everyone loves to talk about stick weight, and compare and contrast models. However, a sticks balance is far more important than minimal weight gains/losses in my opinion. 

Swing weight. 

15 minutes ago, OzziesDad said:

When u compare it to certain things it may not feel like much but if you had those items in your hand vs nothing you would notice it. I find anything sub 380 too light for my preference. To the point where it does affect my stickhandling etc. It's not much but it's enough to "notice". Will you easily adapt if you used it for one snp session. Mostly likely. 

Yeah I agree with what you guys are saying. I had the Trigger 5 Pro and I thought I hated it the first 5 ice times it was way to light and fragile feeling. But after having used it for 20ish now I'm missing the crazy light feel. From what I've read that specific model was actually one of the worst of the triggers too. As far as swing weight I'd agree, I think if the extra 25 grams didn't feel like It was just in the blade I wouldn't notice as much. How does the Jetspeed compare to the trigger for balance and feel?

4 minutes ago, sweetblazer said:

Yeah I agree with what you guys are saying. I had the Trigger 5 Pro and I thought I hated it the first 5 ice times it was way to light and fragile feeling. But after having used it for 20ish now I'm missing the crazy light feel. From what I've read that specific model was actually one of the worst of the triggers too. As far as swing weight I'd agree, I think if the extra 25 grams didn't feel like It was just in the blade I wouldn't notice as much. How does the Jetspeed compare to the trigger for balance and feel?

Have you tried the non Pro Trigger? Might be a nice middle point for you.

I have both. The Trigger 5 feels a touch lighter or better balanced then the FT3's. Still prefer the jetspeed. 

20 hours ago, stick9 said:

Have you tried the non Pro Trigger? Might be a nice middle point for you.

I have both. The Trigger 5 feels a touch lighter or better balanced then the FT3's. Still prefer the jetspeed. 

Never tried trigger 5 but I also love my ft3 pro. It's on the lighter side but the stick responds well. Blade is on the thick side. I wish ccm made all their blades as thin as the trigger 4 pro. Ever since the trigger 4, the blades got thicker. I think the 7 pro is on the thinner side again but still thicker than the t4. Also I never had durability issues with the ft3 pros I had. Had two since they came out and both are still good. I only play once a week but ya. No issues at all. I recently picked up another ft3 pro as they are on clearance for 199 cdn.