Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
pucks_putts

STX Halo Gloves FYI

I just received two pairs in the mail. I bought the 13” and the 14” just to see which fit better with the intention of returning/reselling the pair I don’t want. 

I just want to give anyone interested a heads up that these gloves run very small. The 13”s are tiny. The thumb is very short. I’m even reconsidering the 14”s because they are also quite small overall. I may wait to use these until I can get a pair of 15” just to be sure. FYI I normally always select 14”s but admittedly tend towards 4 rolls which generally run larger and looser  

To be clear the gloves are awesome. Very well made, incredibly interesting, as comfortable as advertised. I’m just being really picky because I want to use these for a long time. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pucks_putts said:

FYI I normally always select 14”s but admittedly tend towards 4 rolls which generally run larger and looser  

This is where this sizing is misleading.

The 14s I have fit longer in the fingers than 14s in Jetspeed, SuperTacks, Supreme, Vapor, QRE, Code V, HPR2.

They fit comparably to a 14" Pro Stock UltraTacks which fit 1/2 size bigger than their retail counter parts.

• Like 1

I also got a pair of 14’s when I normally wear 14’s, but feel the fingers fit almost the same as I would expect. They might be the tiniest bit longer than the Warrior/Bauer/CCM gloves I’m used to but nothing dramatic enough that it impedes stick handling. The overall gloves are quite snug but I’m hopeful they’ll open up a bit after some use. The palm in between the index finger and thumb is definitely the tightest compared to any other glove, but I think that’s simply how STX stitches them (which I’m not a fan of)

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 3:48 PM, pucks_putts said:

I just received two pairs in the mail. I bought the 13” and the 14” just to see which fit better with the intention of returning/reselling the pair I don’t want. 

Any chance you'd be willing to ship those 13s overseas to the UK? Can't find a way to get some posted here for love nor money - happy to cover whatever it takes on snail mail 🙂

I have the 14" gloves and have the the pre-released version and the final product ones. Love them! My favorite glove prior to these was the FT4 Pro and Vapor 2X Pro. Out of the box they feel like .5" smaller than they are rated. 

They fit like I expect, no slop, tight to the hand, plenty of room in the cuff for maneuverability.

If the final product ones break-in like my pre-released ones you should expect them to slightly loosen when they break in. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, robbjbyoung said:

Any chance you'd be willing to ship those 13s overseas to the UK? Can't find a way to get some posted here for love nor money - happy to cover whatever it takes on snail mail 🙂

Give me a couple days. I promised a buddy that I’d give him first dibs. If he doesn’t want we can work something out. 

• Like 1