Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
eugene8080

Difficulty installing XS holder on True Custom Skates

I live in a non-traditional hockey market. The LHS doesn't know how to install a set of XS holders onto my True Custom skates. I checked that the stepsteel is straight when it's loose, but when the steel is placed in the holders, the steel become warped. Skates wobble when I went for a skate.

The LHS says the True Customs doesn't have a flat foot bed so it's hard to install the holders. Anyone done this and have advice for the LHS? They tried a few times and still can't get it on straight.

https://imgur.com/a/xxiKN9P

Thanks

Edited by eugene8080
Added image link

Are they; 

A- trying to use the same holes without drilling new?

B- trying to install the holders with steel taken out?

That would be the most likely culprit imo. 
when I swap holders, I mark the center of where I want the holder front and back. I use 2 strips of 3M thick double sided tape to hold the holder in place so I can readjust. The tape holds the chassis in place while you drill a stabilizing hole front and back. That should get the holder attached straight and square for finishing drilling. 
If for some reason the bottom of the boot and top of the holder aren’t square a small shim may take up the needed space

• Like 2