Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

7 hours ago, start_today said:

Does this mean all of these tapes are the same? Or does NA manufacture tape for all these companies, but the specific details are somehow different? 

They are not all the same. My understanding is the adhesive Comp-O uses is not the same as Howies, for example. 

I don’t know how current this is anymore, but 15-ish years ago an employee at an outdoor sporting goods store told me how manufacturing winter coats in China works. He said K2, Arcteryx, Mountain Hardware, etc. were manufactured by the same group and sometimes even in the same factory, just in tightly scheduled blocks. For a week or so they’d make Company X’s jackets then the next week they’d reset and make Company Y’s jacket, and so on. Specialization at the front yet again.

Edited by flip12
Un-autocorrecting spelling.

We were developing a medical garment and I got some insight into digital knitting and the soft goods industry.  Yes, there are only a few locations and factories in the world that have certain capabilities and they do the majority of what you wear  for big customers.  Same with sports equipment, design firms do a lot of the heavy lifting, not everybody has in-house capabilities.  I walked the display hallway of a big firm we worked with and they had stuff the designed for Nike, UA, Kobolt Tools, and tons more.

• Like 1

I really enjoy the Rezztek blade grips. As a skills coach and someone who is on the ice everyday, I love feeling the puck and stick working together as one with the stick. So far, I have used Rezztek for a month of skills sessions along with some men's league games and I love it! Worth the investment and quality of product 100%. 

About a week in, used mine for 4 pick up skates and running a few of the kiddos practices, so far so good on durability. 
In terms of ‘performance,’ again, I think the best way to describe it is, I don’t notice it. I’m not feeling extra grip on the puck when I go to shoot or pass nor does puckhandling feel any better than tape.
The only plus I see with Rezztek is that ice/snow doesn’t build up/stick to it as much as tape on a blade. I’m not sure that’s going to sway me again to drop $30 bucks though.

From what everyone is saying, it sounds like it's a good product but not worth the price in comparison to regular stick tape.  If it was incredibly durable and lasted for a long time, then I think I would purchase it for the price.  Thanks all.

16 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

From what everyone is saying, it sounds like it's a good product but not worth the price in comparison to regular stick tape.  If it was incredibly durable and lasted for a long time, then I think I would purchase it for the price.  Thanks all.

Absolutely this. Plus, the fact that they are apparently spamming places with fake reviews is incredibly off putting and makes me not want to give them money. 

I've been using Rezztek for about a month now. That includes 8ish hours of beer league/private scrimmage time, and 5ish hours of 3v3 outdoor hockey. I'll upload the pictures - some obvious scuffing, fraying, and battle scars, but the feel is the same, and I'm enjoying it. I'll probably remove what's there and replace it with new strips very soon.

I went from full heel-to-around-the-toe TJ + the dankest wax I could find to this, and it was an adjustment of about 2-3 shifts + warmups. Obviously the grip isn't the same, the tackiness isn't there, but it feels like a single layer of unwaxed tape to me (except, of course, the bottom of the blade).

The release on shots is a noticeable improvement. Not having to tape and wax (which I used to do before every session) is nice. The fact that snow and moisture just wipe right off in the middle of a shift or whatever is great, too: it means the feel is consistent throughout a skate, even when the ice is chewed up and snow is everywhere.

I got my pack from Santa, and I'm not sure whether I'll buy another. The cost thing is intriguing - it basically becomes an assessment of whether it's worth not taping for X amount of hours, and whether you fall in love with the feel, including the bottom of your blade. Maybe the next application will sway me, despite the absolute mountain of double-wide Comp-O-Stik in my basement.

Only other point - I almost applied the first set to my UltraSonic, but noticed some chipping at the hosel. Thank the hockey gods I put it on my 2SPro instead - I broke the UltraSonic that very night. So make sure you apply it to a fresh twig!

8BZ3QAu.jpg

RCkbuYF.jpg

Myfear is also the lack of protection on the bottom and top of the stick from slashes skate blades and overall wear. I've had some gnarly skate cuts on my blades which only made it past the tape. If there was no tape the blade would've definitely been cut up pretty good. 

I recently did a review on this and i was not impressed. Its just to much gimmick. There has been so many versions of tape like this over the years and no one has addressed the issues of not having tape on the toe or bottom of the blade. The cost like others have mentioned makes it silly. 

I actually bought some today at prohockeylife. 34 bucks cdn for two sets isn't that bad. 17 bucks a set is worth trying for me. Will use it tonight and see. Feels kinda like sand paper. I expected it to be more rubbery. 

So I use it today for most of my pickup game. Probably 75% of the ice time. Gonna break it down in point form 

Pros:

- puck was flying off the blade on wristers, snaps, and claps. Felt like more spin and grip on puck due to texture of the tape

- slush, snow etc stayed off blade entire game

- consistent shots throughout game with no flubs or mishandling due to ice buildup on the blade

- so far no signs of tht adhesive failing ie. No peeling or curling around the edges 

Cons:

- it's black and I'm used to white tape so it kind of messed with me a bit. Something I could probably get used to if I stick with it 

- blade feel went from dampened yo pingy

- durability might be an issue since there's already a cut and some wear.  Time will tell if it'll last the advertised 8-10 skates

- applying it is a bit of a pain if you're ocd and want zero air bubbles and evenness. My fingertips are also pretty tender because of the sandpaper texture took some skin off lol. 

The extra glide from the bottom of the blade was nice. It will take some adjustment stick handling bc of the pinginess and tackiness vs stick tape wax combo. I use Howie's which isn't a super tacky wax. I actually think Howie's adds some slickness to hockey tape. The only reason I hsd it is bc it's one of the better waxes for snow buildup. Ideally I'd love to use tape only but after fifteen minutes of playing the tape is either soaked or iced up. 

Overall I was impressed with how much better my shots felt. The pinginess and feel I totally expected. I'll keep using it and will decide whether Its worth the time and money. 

If they make white available in Canada that will also def keep me interested in using it long term. 

Edited by Sniper9

Finally got my hands on some , 35$ CAD for 2 sets at Pro Hockey Life in Winnipeg. Went to a stick and puck and put them on too low. Which is sad as a long time Blade Tape user. 😐Snow started to get underneath the bottom edge on my back hand and came flapping off 20 mins in to the session. Was not sticky enough to just pat back down so I just peeled it off and put it on the bench. Front one fared better but built up a ton of snow throughout the 90 mins session. Found myself cleaning it more than I would have liked. Although the front piece was positioned ...ok... eventually snow started getting under the edge of the heel by the end of the session. Also, I actually found it less grippy then my buds 10 game old tape job with wax. Still glad I tried it though. In the end , first impression is not good. Found it much less forgiving to apply and no recourse if it peels up off the blade in any manner. Shooting was normal as if I were using my trusty ole' Blade Tape. Stick handling was good until wetness and snow build up happened , then I found my stick handling getting more sloppy. But that can be partially attributed to my lack of ice time over the last 4 months. Will try it for a few more ice times so it gets a fair shake and go from there before rendering a final decision.

I have finally done my review on them. I have to make it clear Rezztek sent me 2 player tapes and a goalie tape so I could do a review on them.

Puck feel is the biggest change on here, you instantly notice it and it took a dampened blade of a Geo and made it pingy. But the feeling is great and it makes passing and stick handling feel like everything has more zip and is more crisp.

I really didn't notice a difference on shots, you notice the more pingy feel but I never noticed a difference on the actual result of the shot itself.

If money was no option, I'd use these all the time. But they are just a bit too expensive for me to justify putting on all of the different sticks, I wish they offered a bulk discount on 10 packs to make it more affordable.

I was able to remove the tape from one stick to another though after my goalie stick broke with it on. The 2nd application wasn't as good (obviously) and I had to tape an edge down. But it still worked until that stick also unfortunately broke. No, the Rezztek had nothing to do with the 2 sticks breaking.

I also got to try the goalie version and I think that version is pretty pointless. You aren't playing the puck enough to justify adding a blade tape to the stick and deflections off your stick aren't really going to make a difference with it or without it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hills said:

I have finally done my review on them. I have to make it clear Rezztek sent me 2 player tapes and a goalie tape so I could do a review on them.

Puck feel is the biggest change on here, you instantly notice it and it took a dampened blade of a Geo and made it pingy. But the feeling is great and it makes passing and stick handling feel like everything has more zip and is more crisp.

I really didn't notice a difference on shots, you notice the more pingy feel but I never noticed a difference on the actual result of the shot itself.

If money was no option, I'd use these all the time. But they are just a bit too expensive for me to justify putting on all of the different sticks, I wish they offered a bulk discount on 10 packs to make it more affordable.

I feel about the same. The product is nice but pricey. However, I can get almost 4 sticks out of a single pack though since I don't use the full size on my blade. 

If you compare the Buttendz Pitbull vs Rezztek I think they are both VERY different. 

So I completely stopped using this. I couldn't get used to the tackiness while stick handling. Gonna remove it from my stick and still have an unused set i dont know what to do with. 

Used it 3 more times....

Nothing new to report, never got better.

In the end , will stick with my trusty Blade tape.

Use with caution. 

I’m going to give a Rezztek +1 to use during the summer over tape. With the heat waves we’ve been having the ice has been brutal lately, after 15 minutes or so the ice is chopped up and we usually skate for over an hour so you can imagine the amount of a snow build up on your stick blade. That’s where the Rezztek comes in, no ice build up at all and that added grip from the texture on it gives you added control on bouncing pucks or pucks on end.