Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Harv21

Bauer Vapor fit

I currently have 8EE Vapor x800. I’ve found they’re about half size too big in the toes. 

i went to go try on the hyperlites (in all fits) and could barely fit my fore foot in. 

Bauer told me to go to a retailer with a 3D fit machine, and that I’d likely be into Supremes now. I’ve worn Vapors forever and don’t love the idea of going to supremes.

wondering if anyone else experienced this. 

1 hour ago, Harv21 said:

I currently have 8EE Vapor x800. I’ve found they’re about half size too big in the toes. 

i went to go try on the hyperlites (in all fits) and could barely fit my fore foot in. 

Bauer told me to go to a retailer with a 3D fit machine, and that I’d likely be into Supremes now. I’ve worn Vapors forever and don’t love the idea of going to supremes.

If you cant fit in a Vapor FIT3, you absolutely wont fit in a Supreme. The new Supreme skates have an even smaller and tighter fitting toe box. 

Just now, PBH said:

If you cant fit in a Vapor FIT3, you absolutely wont fit in a Supreme. The new Supreme skates have an even smaller and tighter fitting toe box. 

It’s not the toe box, it’s the forefoot in the Vapors, bottom 3 eye loopsish - tons of pressure on top of my foot. 

3 hours ago, Harv21 said:

Did you try on a Supreme?  The toecap height in the Ultrasonic isn't as short as that of the Hyperlite so the tongue attachment at the base will be a tad higher.  On the flip side the tongue on the Ultrasonic is thicker than the Hyperlite.  

12 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

Did you try on a Supreme?  The toecap height in the Ultrasonic isn't as short as that of the Hyperlite so the tongue attachment at the base will be a tad higher.  On the flip side the tongue on the Ultrasonic is thicker than the Hyperlite.  

Not yet, I was rattled that I couldn’t fit into a Vapor I just left. 

Go to someone who has the 3D Skate Scanner.  Fill out a profile so that you will get an email of your foot scan. If you have trouble fitting into a retail skate comfortably, then if you reach out again to Bauer they can reference your scan and possibly help you moving forward.

14 hours ago, Harv21 said:

It’s not the toe box, it’s the forefoot in the Vapors, bottom 3 eye loopsish - tons of pressure on top of my foot. 

I have the same issue, where the tongue inserts into the toe box. Bauer have lowered the height of the toe box compared to previous models of vapors. I've fixed it by using wedges on top of a puck and a clamp, I needed around a 2mm lift where the toe box starts. I had to leave the wedges in for 5 days to get it set, heat may have sped things up but I prefer to do it slowly over time. I can post a pic of how if you want to see it.

22 minutes ago, Vet88 said:

I have the same issue, where the tongue inserts into the toe box. Bauer have lowered the height of the toe box compared to previous models of vapors. I've fixed it by using wedges on top of a puck and a clamp, I needed around a 2mm lift where the toe box starts. I had to leave the wedges in for 5 days to get it set, heat may have sped things up but I prefer to do it slowly over time. I can post a pic of how if you want to see it.

I’d love that thanks!

I also don’t want to use heat this time around. 

On 12/9/2021 at 8:11 AM, Vet88 said:

I read in another thread that somebody used a roller hockey ball and wedged it into the toe cap / box to get it to raise some. It was done on CCM skates dues to the removeable tounge system they have causing an issue for the top of the guys forefoot.  I think they used a hair dryer ever so slightly inside and out to warm the plastic a little.  At the very least, i'd make sure to do this with a skate that's been sitting inside at room temp to make sure the plastic isnt cold and at all brittle.

Edited by noupf

12 hours ago, Harv21 said:

I’d love that thanks!

Here is the link of 3 photos, one is the clamp underway. Another is the items I used - a puck, a piece of wood as a base for the wedges, 2 wedges, a piece of wood (in the background) that I inserted on top of the wedges so as they slid in they didn't damage the underneath of the toe cap or tongue. And the last photo is the toe cap, you can see where the tongue joins and it lifts upwards by just under 2mm. This is enough for it to stop pressing hard against my forefoot.

Ideally I should have sanded the wedges to fit the shape of the side to side slope of the toe cap but I was in a bit of a hurry and this worked as it is.

https://imgur.com/gallery/1RB15a3

On 12/8/2021 at 8:05 PM, Harv21 said:

Not yet, I was rattled that I couldn’t fit into a Vapor I just left. 

OP, you are not imagining things.  i had the exact issue with Vapors.  I am a Fit 3, wide foot.  The vapor fit 3 was great in the ankle, the instep, but then it clamps down right before the toebox.  That did not work for me.

The Supreme Fit 3 kept that depth nicely through the forefoot area.  So that might be your ticket.  But the toebox on the supremes is narrower than the vapor.  too narrow for me.  so those didnt work either.

I tried on the CCM FT4 Pro in their "Wide" fit and they were great.  They maintained that depth through the ankle, instep, and forefoot and had a large enough toebox.  had em for months, they are great.

If the supreme and vapor dont work for you, try on the jetspeeds and ribcors.  dont be scared.

Edited by mhein22

On 12/16/2021 at 12:10 PM, mhein22 said:

OP, you are not imagining things.  i had the exact issue with Vapors.  I am a Fit 3, wide foot.  The vapor fit 3 was great in the ankle, the instep, but then it clamps down right before the toebox.  That did not work for me.

The Supreme Fit 3 kept that depth nicely through the forefoot area.  So that might be your ticket.  But the toebox on the supremes is narrower than the vapor.  too narrow for me.  so those didnt work either.

I tried on the CCM FT4 Pro in their "Wide" fit and they were great.  They maintained that depth through the ankle, instep, and forefoot and had a large enough toebox.  had em for months, they are great.

If the supreme and vapor dont work for you, try on the jetspeeds and ribcors.  dont be scared.

Thanks for this! Appreciate it, I just might!

• Like 1