Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Original Easton Silver Synergy ?

7 minutes ago, Jbear said:

What modern twig would shoot the closest to an 85 flex retail Synergy from the early-mid 90's?

Retail synergy would be 2000s.

Easton in the early-mid 90s would be aluminum.

I still use a two piece and those original synergy’s were just a fused (tapered) two piece.

• Thanks 1

I won’t be able to answer that question. I haven’t found a true OPS I like.

The two piece sticks and the modern true one pieces have a different feel. As a older player I prefer the feel of the two piece. For me the true one pieces have a tingy plastic feel.

I still have and use Easton and warrior tapered shafts and blades.

Maybe check prostockhockeysticks.com

Ice warehouse describes Jetspeeds as a fused 2 piece.  Is it the same process from years ago when they combine the shaft and blade and then just cover up the fuse point?  Or is it a new process? Or, is that an incorrect description? 

I don’t know enough about the feel and kickpoint to point you to a comparable model. But, I do believe sticks back then felt a lot softer than today (I.e. a stick marked 100 back then felt a lot softer than one marked 100 today). 

For me it's one of: Warrior Alpha DX, Warrior Alpha LX Pro, True Catalyst Pro (SMU stick), and Pro Stock Hockey Sticks with the "E Build".

• Like 1