Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
yk15

CCM HP70 Pants weight

Hi. I am looking to buy a new pair of pants and hesitate between HP45 and HP70. I am thinking about HP70 because they are something new to try and match my team colors, however I worry that they may be too heavy. How do they compare in terms of weight as compared to CCM tacks or HP45, as these are the pants I tried before.

Thanks

Two totally different pants. HP70 are more traditional bulky pants. HP45 are more streamlined. Can’t tell you exact weights of either but I skated in HP70s a few years ago before moving onto HP45. Would never go back but that’s my personal preference. Plenty of people like the older fit 

Thanks! I really like my HP45, but want to try something new. So I ordered the HP70 for now. Soon I will be able to judge how much heavier the HP70 are. I will sell them if it does not work out.

4 hours ago, yk15 said:

Thanks! I really like my HP45, but want to try something new. So I ordered the HP70 for now. Soon I will be able to judge how much heavier the HP70 are. I will sell them if it does not work out.

Please share when you find the comparative weights. I love the HP70 fit, so I’m keen to know how it stacks up.

5 minutes ago, flip12 said:

Please share when you find the comparative weights. I love the HP70 fit, so I’m keen to know how it stacks up.

Sure. Will post in this thread.

• Like 2

I’ve wanted to try pro pants but never know what ones to order. I wear retail super tacks and I’ve never had any pain from shots or hits in them. I see so many models and am intimidated by it. I’d love to know the weight differences. 

Bit of a side tangent from the original poster's Q, but if someone was looking to pick up a pair of pro stock HP45s with all the "XTRA" padding that can be found on some models - Just weighed my Jets Mediums and they are a whopping 2.04 Kg (~4.5 lbs) dry and take on a lot of sweat during play. Make sure you know what protection package the pants you're picking up have.

Edited by robbjbyoung
Forgot sizing
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 7:04 PM, flip12 said:

So they arrived. CCM HP70 weight is 1.72 kg. HP45 is around 1.4

noticeable, but both are usable. Their shape is similar in many ways.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2022 at 3:04 AM, yk15 said:

So they arrived. CCM HP70 weight is 1.72 kg. HP45 is around 1.4

noticeable, but both are usable. Their shape is similar in many ways.

How would you compare the heights of the upper side pads (kidney guards?) on the HP45 versus the HP70 ?

I just received an HPUCLP and I'm surprised by how short/low its upper side pads are compared to my current Tackla 9000 Air and other Tacklas I've had in the past.  The top of the HPUCLP's kidney guards are about 3 inches shorter than the top of its spine protector.  In contrast, the spine protector and kidney guards on my Tackla 9000 are a single connected "wall" that's pretty tall (it touches my bottom rib) and is about the same height as the HPUCLP's spine protector.  (The HP70 looks really similar to the Tackla 9000 in this regard.)

I'm considering an HP45, but not if its side/kidney pads are as short as the UCLP's.

15 hours ago, grumpycat said:

How would you compare the heights of the upper side pads (kidney guards?) on the HP45 versus the HP70 ?

I just received an HPUCLP and I'm surprised by how short/low its upper side pads are compared to my current Tackla 9000 Air and other Tacklas I've had in the past.  The top of the HPUCLP's kidney guards are about 3 inches shorter than the top of its spine protector.  In contrast, the spine protector and kidney guards on my Tackla 9000 are a single connected "wall" that's pretty tall (it touches my bottom rib) and is about the same height as the HPUCLP's spine protector.  (The HP70 looks really similar to the Tackla 9000 in this regard.)

I'm considering an HP45, but not if its side/kidney pads are as short as the UCLP's.

HP70 is a Tackla clone, if I'm not mistaken. Love my Tacklas, which is why I'm interested in some HP70s.

Edited by flip12
Second sentence.
  • Like 1

They are taller than uclp. I haven’t seen tackla, I can say that my RYR pants are higher than HP70, but hp70 are higher than uclp. HP70 is probably like you described your tackla as compared to UcLP for me. 

Edited by yk15
  • Thanks 1

A teammate of mine gave me a pair of red pro-stock HP UCLP's to try out. I love how padded they are compared to my current Bauer S29 pants. However I feel like the crotch rides higher in the HP UCLP's and would be total nut-huggers to get them to rest where my S29's do. Also, the side pads seem to be lower than the S29's. My S29's are size M, where the UCLP's are a L.

Edited by beedee

19 hours ago, beedee said:

A teammate of mine gave me a pair of red pro-stock HP UCLP's to try out. I love how padded they are compared to my current Bauer S29 pants. However I feel like the crotch rides higher in the HP UCLP's and would be total nut-huggers to get them to rest where my S29's do. Also, the side pads seem to be lower than the S29's. My S29's are size M, where the UCLP's are a L.

Yeah worth noting - UCLP should go size up. XL in them is equivalent to L in HP45 and HP70

• Like 2

• After using CCM 7092 pants for the last three years I wanted to go Prostock. With a ton of searching but little info, I'm leaving this here for others that might want to know.
  • Retail CCM Tacks 7092's size LG fits 34"-38"
  • The CCM HPTK pro-stock is Size LG 34"-36" & XL 36"-38"
  • After a email with prostock hockey I went with a XL.
  • And it fits exactly the same as my 7092's. These are supposed to be equivalent to Tacks AS1's (i think) ... there is slightly more (firmer) padding, but my favorite improvement is the belly pad size and attachment.
  • Other than that they are pretty close. Retail AS1 aprox $200- Prostock 129.99. I am extremely happy!!!
  • Only modifications I made to the new Prostock pants was sewing the belt to the left side so I could one hand pull tight after clipping the belt. I like like the 7092's belt better. Cutting excesses length of the belt and shorter drawstring for the front.  
  • I bought the LA Kings pant thinking the stripes on the side were white on the black pants based on the picture, but they are a slight grey color... that's what I get for being a Avalanche fan. lol