Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Gluing D30 to pads?

I have some D30 that I want to glue to my shinnies. It's on inside of my knee, where I seem to be prone to stingers when blocking shots.  The material is some synthetic cloth.  What type of glue would work best for this?

Thanks all! 

I'd try hot glue first, it's not going to destroy anything it comes in contact with. If that fails then maybe 2 pot epoxy, it will hold anything as long as it doesn't destroy it.

24 minutes ago, Jbear said:

Apparently D30 recommended your standard cyanoacrylate, so...I'll give it a try. 

Cyano isn't very forgiving. It might be helpful to start with some double sided adhesive so you can experiment with placement. 

I added padding to shin guards and just doubled over duct tape. It wasn’t the most elegant sexy solution, but it allowed me to adjust it and move it around easily, and it stayed put right where I wanted it. 

On 12/29/2021 at 12:58 PM, Jbear said:

I have some D30 that I want to glue to my shinnies. It's on inside of my knee, where I seem to be prone to stingers when blocking shots.  The material is some synthetic cloth.  What type of glue would work best for this?

Thanks all! 

When I add additional padding (usually some kind of closed cell foam), I would sew a fabric enclosure around the padding, and then sew the fabric to the equipment. This way, no glue or adhesive is involved.

I used I think super glue in my Reebok 7k pros. I was having the same issue on the sides of the knees it’s never fallen off. Definitely has helped. I also put poron on the sides too. My 5090s don’t seem to have the same issue.