Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hi, i still love my Sprungs and i am looking for a new Set of the A7. I wrote them an Email and in Facebook but got no answer. Anybody have an Idea of they are still in Business or where to get one?

Thanks Sven

4 hours ago, Scorpion said:

Hi, i still love my Sprungs and i am looking for a new Set of the A7. I wrote them an Email and in Facebook but got no answer. Anybody have an Idea of they are still in Business or where to get one?

Thanks Sven

I don't think Keith, the inventor of Sprungs, is making any more product. He was working on designs for an alloy version called Fizix, but I don't think he's secured the funding to get that produced and the Facebook page for the product hasn't been updated in over a year. https://www.facebook.com/FizixFrames

The Sideline lead @Westside gave you is your best bet. I think he bought up the remaining stock. I believe the same seller also has an account on eBay under the name stickfixtexassouth: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/164181065317?var=463812336559

If he doesn't have any A7s left, you can either go with an A6 or consider trying the Marsblade R1. As someone who has used the Sprung for over a decade and used the R1 for several months in 2021, I still prefer a new set of Sprungs, but the R1 is a very close second. I think the Sprungs are a bit lighter and slightly more mobile, but, like Sprungs, the R1 also allows for full stride extension and tighter turns and stops than a traditional flat or HI-LO chassis. I suspect the R1 will also be more durable in the long run. While the Sprungs are great when new, they do get friction wear and eventually the rocker arms get very loose and that hurts the responsiveness and stability. 

Edited by althoma1

https://sprunghockey.com/shop/

Thom bought the rights to the website, so he actually sells through here now. You save on the fees and tax and he does as well. He doesn't have a7s I don't think. But he does have the rights to production, so maybe reach out and see if he's trying to manufacture some. He told me in the summer that when he sells out he will consider making a new run

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 2

Hi Guys, thanks for the help. I wrote Thom and he answered me. At the Moment he has no A7 and he is looking to get some new Stuff, but he thinks it will take till mid of 2022 or later. So I "need" to go with Marsblade.

1 hour ago, Miller55 said:

Personally I would just go with a straight chassis if I didn't have sprungs. Not a fan of the r1

How would you describe the difference, if you've tried MBs?

9 minutes ago, YesLanges said:

Sprung and MB

Gotcha. Sprung have great power and grip, they are fast and really maneuverable for all 80s and the grip is excellent. R1 felt to me very slow and clunky, not necessary because it's weight, just the way the work. Grip was better than a regular chassis, but they were slower for sure and the maneuverability was the same. I didn't keep them because I just did not see myself ever using them. 

Thanks, Man...appreciate the explanation. I bought Sprungs while I was waiting for my MBs; but ended up never installing them, cause I didn't have a second pair of boots for them. MBs are definitely a big improvement over regular chasis for me; but I've never really gotten comfortable loosening the bolt more than about halfway. This thread reminded me about the Sprungs, so I just got another pair of cheap Bauer X-LPs to convert to Sprungs to try them out (with 76s). Does anybody ever rocker Sprungs with smaller wheels front and back, or does that make them too unstable?   

Sprungs are meant to be used with all the same size wheels. If you have the A6, use all 76mm. The won't function the way they were designed to if you use different sized wheels. You should also take them apart and clean them regularly to avoid friction wear (especially if you use them outside).

As for the R1, for some reason they felt heavier and slower for me outside than they do inside. Perhaps it's just a difference in wheels. I do prefer the Sprungs when new to the R1, but would still rather use the R1 than a traditional flat chassis as they allow for full stride extension and provide better grip. I'd also prefer the R1 to a really worn in pair of Sprungs (one where the front rocker arms move freely). An alloy version of Sprungs would be my dream chassis. 

Yes, you can run all 76mm on the A7. Most people use all 80mm with the A7 for a bit more speed, but all 76mm will work and will give you a smaller wheel base for even more mobility. 

@Miller55 @althoma1

I read all 62 pages of the mood squad thread about sprungs and was very keen to try them. 

Two days ago I fitted a6 frames on my size 4.5 CCM ribcor boots. Had to make new holes in the chassis for the heel part as the frames are slightly wider than the skate soles (they are meant for size 5 skates and up).

Played hockey in them yesterday and am blown away by how amazing they feel. So much so, I've ordered two more sets, one for outdoor and one for when this set fail. I'd like to have enough stored up so I don't have to ever change back to a normal chassis in the future. 

I'd love to know more about the longevity issues - you both mention friction wear - where exactly wears? Just wondering if it's better to stock up on spare pivot pins, rocker arms, frames or springs. Or if it all wears and I should just buy a number of chassis. 

I'm 65kg, play pick up hockey once a week for 2 hours. 

TIA

• Like 1

The friction wear is on both the rocker arms and where the front arms are inserted into the chassis. To prolong the life of the chassis and arms, taking them apart and cleaning them once in a while helps slow down this wear. Using them outdoors will make them wear faster since there's more grit and dirt out there - if you use them outdoors then you should clean them more frequently. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 8:41 AM, sdmd80 said:

@Miller55 @althoma1

I read all 62 pages of the mood squad thread about sprungs and was very keen to try them. 

Two days ago I fitted a6 frames on my size 4.5 CCM ribcor boots. Had to make new holes in the chassis for the heel part as the frames are slightly wider than the skate soles (they are meant for size 5 skates and up).

Played hockey in them yesterday and am blown away by how amazing they feel. So much so, I've ordered two more sets, one for outdoor and one for when this set fail. I'd like to have enough stored up so I don't have to ever change back to a normal chassis in the future. 

I'd love to know more about the longevity issues - you both mention friction wear - where exactly wears? Just wondering if it's better to stock up on spare pivot pins, rocker arms, frames or springs. Or if it all wears and I should just buy a number of chassis. 

I'm 65kg, play pick up hockey once a week for 2 hours. 

TIA

I use A7s and actually have not had longevity issues myself. I have a few pairs as I bought backups, but in reality I have only used one set for 3 years now basically, 3-5 games weekly indoor sport court and haven't had issues. The original a6 did have issues but the A7 are pretty sturdy. To be fully honest, I have not taken them apart to clear in about 19 months and they're fine, but I suspect that my laziness will affect the longevity down the road

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 2:10 AM, Miller55 said:

I use A7s and actually have not had longevity issues myself. I have a few pairs as I bought backups, but in reality I have only used one set for 3 years now basically, 3-5 games weekly indoor sport court and haven't had issues. The original a6 did have issues but the A7 are pretty sturdy. To be fully honest, I have not taken them apart to clear in about 19 months and they're fine, but I suspect that my laziness will affect the longevity down the road

the part that always wears for me is the one that holds the two rockers, the hex shaped piece that the long pin goes into. it loses shape, and then doesn't hold that bolt/pin in place, so it spins and the pair of rockers is a bit loose. which unfortunately is part of the chassis and you can't actually replace.