Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
clarkiestooth

A "Heavy" CCM Jetspeed FT4 Pro Stick??

Well, the guy has a 98.7% rating with 425 feedbacks and has been selling on SLS since 2018.  He also had quite a few sticks for sale, with several that were listed as sticks that were dressed as something other than what they appeared to be (these were not listed as that).  I felt it looked like he was being transparent when he was selling a stick that was something other than what it appeared and figured if he had been doing people dirty he wouldn't have been able to maintain an account with them that long.  So with all of that, he appeared to be a reputable seller.  I also asked prior to the purchase if these were legit FT4 Pro sticks and not China knock offs or sticks dressed different than what they truly were.  He still insists these are legit sticks that he acquires from pro teams.

9 hours ago, ricepow said:

He still insists these are legit sticks that he acquires from pro teams.

I don’t think he intentionally misrepresented the sticks because this would’ve been exactly how he could’ve acquired it. It does t have the “Team” badging on it, so it’s not really different from a seller who doesn’t recognize a Tacks repainted as JetSpeed or vice versa

What is the Team badging you're referring to?  He sells several sticks, some that he indicates are sticks that are dressed as something other than what they are, so he seems to know how to tell if the sticks he is selling are what they are dressed at or not.

11 hours ago, boo10 said:

I was able to pick up a Jetspeed FT3 Team stick at retail for <$80 CAD before tax, (and I got a warranty).  I can't think of a single good reason to buy "team build" sticks off some shady dude on SLS.  If you're going to insist on buying prostock sticks, buy them from a reputable seller.

By all accounts this seller looks to be reputable. I frequent SLS and looking at his seller stats I wouldn't think twice about buying from him.

The question comes down, was the OP mislead. 

So if the listing shows as Pro Stock CCM FT4 Pro sticks and you specifically ask the seller if these are "Chinese knock offs or different sticks dressed as FT4 Pro", then these show up, what would you think about that?  I specifically asked that question prior to purchasing and the listing says nothing of them being something other than Pro Stock CCM FT4 Pro sticks.  He has other listings where he states the sticks are dressed as something other than what they are.  So he obviously has some knowledge of how to tell that.

Edited by ricepow

1 hour ago, ricepow said:

So if the listing shows as Pro Stock CCM FT4 Pro sticks and you specifically ask the seller if these are "Chinese knock offs or different sticks dressed as FT4 Pro", then these show up, what would you think about that?  I specifically asked that question prior to purchasing and the listing says nothing of them being something other than Pro Stock CCM FT4 Pro sticks.  He has other listings where he states the sticks are dressed as something other than what they are.  So he obviously has some knowledge of how to tell that.

I think the point people are trying to make is he may not know they are knock offs. 

Yeah, I understand that.  I don't necessarily think its intentional.  However, I was very clear prior to my purchase by asking those questions prior to purchasing.  If the product that arrived isn't what the seller portrayed to be, I believe that is the seller's fault, not the buyer's.

14 hours ago, boo10 said:

I was able to pick up a Jetspeed FT3 Team stick at retail for <$80 CAD before tax, (and I got a warranty).  I can't think of a single good reason to buy "team build" sticks off some shady dude on SLS.  If you're going to insist on buying prostock sticks, buy them from a reputable seller.

Can you please tell me where you're able to find FT3 team sticks for $80 CAD and do they ship to the states? Cheapest I can find them for is $140 USD

3 hours ago, stick9 said:

I think the point people are trying to make is he may not know they are knock offs. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/   Search hockey sticks.....quite interesting what one can get and then re-sell as pro stock or other.

Edited by noupf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Westside said:

Can you please tell me where you're able to find FT3 team sticks for $80 CAD and do they ship to the states? Cheapest I can find them for is $140 USD

I got it online from Hockey Supremacy in Montreal during their Boxing Day sale.  Looks like they have them at the moment for $89.99 CAD.

I don't know if they ship to the US.  Their customer service is excellent though, so if you reach out to them I'm sure they'll answer you.

20 minutes ago, boo10 said:

I got it online from Hockey Supremacy in Montreal during their Boxing Day sale.  Looks like they have them at the moment for $89.99 CAD.

I don't know if they ship to the US.  Their customer service is excellent though, so if you reach out to them I'm sure they'll answer you.

They don't ship to the US to my knowledge.  I tried to order a pair of True skates from them a few weeks back and was unable to because of shipping restrictions. 

2 hours ago, boo10 said:

Thanks. Yeah, unfortunately they won't ship to the states

On 1/12/2022 at 7:26 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

This. CCM offers Custom “Team” sticks to mid range juniors and college teams. I haven’t been in the business for a while, so the RY marking are new to me but all the evidence points that way. The sticks weight in the 445-445g range at full length and have peel ply blades, so it would seem to back that up. 

On 1/12/2022 at 8:46 AM, PBH said:

To me it looks like a Jetspeed Team sticks that was dressed as a FT4 Pro. 

I knew it was a Team stick. 😉 

15 hours ago, noupf said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/   Search hockey sticks.....quite interesting what one can get and then re-sell as pro stock or other.

I'm not debating that. All I am saying is, maybe the seller didn't know. Maybe he thought everything was legit and he was simply relaying the info he believed to be true. I mean, it's possible right...?

5 hours ago, stick9 said:

I'm not debating that. All I am saying is, maybe the seller didn't know. Maybe he thought everything was legit and he was simply relaying the info he believed to be true. I mean, it's possible right...?

It's very possible. 

I am friends with an individual who sells a ton of stuff on SidelineSwap and eBay. In fact, he is one of the largest sellers on SIdelineSwap. 

Anyway, he buys in bulk from all types of teams; AHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL, USHL, USPHL, NCAA, ACHA, and even some pro teams in Europe. Many times they don't provide a detailed itemized list, it just gives a summary; 200 CCM sticks, 200 Bauer sticks, etc. 

Recently he bought a large bulk sale of stuff from a team and we later found out some items were not genuine. With players being shipped back and forth between teams, going from Europe to North America, etc. Sometimes there are items that are not genuine that make it into the mix. The fact is most equipment managers struggle to keep track of inventory. 

Howdy,

7 hours ago, PBH said:

It's very possible. 

I am friends with an individual who sells a ton of stuff on SidelineSwap and eBay. In fact, he is one of the largest sellers on SIdelineSwap. 

Anyway, he buys in bulk from all types of teams; AHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL, USHL, USPHL, NCAA, ACHA, and even some pro teams in Europe. Many times they don't provide a detailed itemized list, it just gives a summary; 200 CCM sticks, 200 Bauer sticks, etc. 

Recently he bought a large bulk sale of stuff from a team and we later found out some items were not genuine. With players being shipped back and forth between teams, going from Europe to North America, etc. Sometimes there are items that are not genuine that make it into the mix. The fact is most equipment managers struggle to keep track of inventory. 

Thread drift alert, but I'm curious if you know typical margins on that type of thing?

I've wondered a few times if a bulk buy of an equipment sale would be 'worth it'.  Assuming, of course, that I could get enough of an "in" to even be in position to make something like that happen.  

I realize that it will vary, given the nature of one off deals and retail sale (usually with negotiation and/or auctions) to the public, just wondering if there are rules of thumb.

Mark

This looks real in that it's a real ccm stick. It's a team version and has the graphics to promote their most current line. It's not retail spec but it's not a "fake" ccm. 

37 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

This looks real in that it's a real ccm stick. It's a team version and has the graphics to promote their most current line. It's not retail spec but it's not a "fake" ccm. 

I think if people are going to search out pro stock sticks, it's on them to ensure the seller is reputable and will stand behind their sale.  From what I can tell, this person thought they were getting a deal on an FT4pro and ended up overpaying for a "Team build".

Edited by boo10

9 minutes ago, boo10 said:

I think if people are going to search out pro stock sticks, it's on them to ensure the seller is reputable and will stand behind their sale.  From what I can tell, this person thought they were getting a deal on an FT4pro and ended up overpaying for a "Team build".

Yup. Pretty much what happened. But there's too much talk about Chinese knockoff which this isn't.  

On 3/26/2022 at 1:04 PM, pgeorgan said:

If you simply refund an unhappy customer and cover the return shipping, it makes the bad sale go away. You cannot leave a review for returned items on Sideline. Only disputes and people that keep items "not as advertised" can leave reviews. 

Check the "positive" feedback. Sometimes people accept the item out of convenience but in the description, they explain the real situation. 

Having an item returned or canceling a sale generates an automatic negative review. 

21 minutes ago, pgeorgan said:

Perhaps its evolved in the couple years I've been using the app.

However, most of those "negative" reviews end up being auto generated and tell the buyer nothing. There is also now the added feature of issuing a credit right on the app any time a dispute is open. A "payoff" so to speak to make the negative review go away. 

Anyway, point being, Sideline Swap is far more generous with their review system than what eBay has become. Most of the sticks I find from bulk sellers on Sideline require me to ask for the build code sticker on the shaft. That should tell you all you need to know. 

FWIW, I'm a CCM stick user and I steer clear of CCM pro stocks. Their codes are useless without the barcode on the handle.

I don't know if the "partial refund" feature works like a payoff. When you purchase an item you either accept or reject. There is no bartering so to speak. Maybe it's an option if the buyer contacts customer support.

Edited by stick9

1 hour ago, pgeorgan said:

The solution is simple: list the stick model as "unknown" and post pictures of any codes/serial numbers. 

Failure to list those pertinent details will result in "not as described" return on Sideline Swap, should the buyer opt for that. 

Eg, I had a friend buy a pro stock stick on Sideline just the other day. Didn't feel the need to ask for that info and it wasn't listed, however the stick was clearly listed as being a specific model. Upon delivery, my friend started asking the seller questions, to which the seller replied they were confused because the stick was "retail". The seller clearly listed it as a pro stock and from what I can tell is now gaslighting my friend.

These sellers are all too eager to elect the generic "pro stock" categorization and prey on unsuspecting buyers thinking they're getting some NHL'ers stick. Not all, but many.

What matters is that Sideline Swap will side with the buyer 100% of the time.

yea, when purchasing, those who know, know to ask for more pictures of the shaft and the end label when purchasing if those labels are not shown in the listing.  Those who don't know what to ask for or look for, can often times get duped.

• Like 1