Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
stick9

Narrow fit gloves

The new STX HALO gloves are by far the tightest fitting glove I have ever used. If you can find them that would be your best option (if you can get over the futuristic looks)

Also, True Catalyst gloves are pretty snug. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PBH said:

The new STX HALO gloves are by far the tightest fitting glove I have ever used. If you can find them that would be your best option (if you can get over the futuristic looks)

Also, True Catalyst gloves are pretty snug. 

Yeah, I ain't getting past the look of those Halo mitts. The Trues look interesting. I'll have to try on a pair next time I am at PH.

Some Spezza pro stocks would be perfect, 13.5 in a narrow fit....yes please.

Edited by stick9

On 1/12/2022 at 8:35 PM, Jbear said:

Just sold some FT1 pro stock...too narrow and tight for me. You might like them. 

2 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

I find the FT1 gloves are really narrow. I use QL and they fit smaller I feel. The new covert seem more boxy than the previous line or maybe it’s just me. 

I scored some FT1 pro stocks last night. Hopefully they fit how I want and offer a bit more protection than 2S Pro's.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 5:53 AM, stick9 said:

I scored some FT1 pro stocks last night. Hopefully they fit how I want and offer a bit more protection than 2S Pro's.

You didn’t find the 2S pro protective? I haven’t heard that before. I’ve heard great things.  but I always use pro ccm or warrior stuff never been a Bauer fan. 

5 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

You didn’t find the 2S pro protective? I haven’t heard that before. I’ve heard great things.  but I always use pro ccm or warrior stuff never been a Bauer fan. 

Yes and no. It has some weak points like the side of your hand and pinky finger. I took a puck there and felt every bit of it.

Could be me being a little overly cautious seeing how I've broken that bone in the past. It's not a common place to get hit either. 

PXL_20220114_020812961.jpg

Edited by stick9
  • Like 1

I found the 2n and Supreme S1 to be among the most protective...especially in that area. At least the retail version. There are some pro stocks of all types with beefed up padding.  Might be worth looking into. 

Fair enough. I’ve broken my hands before wearing decent or so I thought gloves. I like the ultra tacks pro with the shot blocker (HGTKPP) tight and very protective. I forgot to mention, shot blockers make gloves fit tighter (I find anyhow) 

2S pro protection is top notch imo. Not many gloves without custom pinky guard will help you on the side of the hand there. I've taken lasers straight to the backhand and no issue

37 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

2S pro protection is top notch imo. Not many gloves without custom pinky guard will help you on the side of the hand there. I've taken lasers straight to the backhand and no issue

2S Pro retail protection is okay but not top notch anymore since they removed the plastic inserts and Poron backhand padding. There is a reason the NHL gloves still have the plastic inserts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hills said:

2S Pro retail protection is okay but not top notch anymore since they removed the plastic inserts and Poron backhand padding. There is a reason the NHL gloves still have the plastic inserts.

No idea about retail I just have pro stocks but not all pro stock even have the plastic. 

5 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

No idea about retail I just have pro stocks but not all pro stock even have the plastic. 

Which pro stocks don't? From my experience the NHL ones are plastic and the NCAA are retail spec.

I had the retail 2s Pro gloves, not the pro stock version. While it's a difficult place to get hit. I was a bit disappointed by the coverage in that area. 

To be fair, it wasn't the sole reason why I started looking at other gloves. Gloves tend to feel bulky once they break in. It doesn't help that I need a 14 or my fingers are busting out of the ends.

Edited by stick9
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hills said:

Which pro stocks don't? From my experience the NHL ones are plastic and the NCAA are retail spec.

I have a pair of Kyle Clifford's Kings gloves that have no plastic in the backhand

49 minutes ago, stick9 said:

I had the retail 2s Pro gloves, not the pro stock version. While it's a difficult place to get hit. I was a bit disappointed in the coverage in that area. 

To be fair, it wasn't the sole reason why I started looking at other gloves. Gloves tend to feel bulky once they break in. It doesn't help that I need a 14 or my fingers are busting out of the ends.

You probably need a 13 with fingers extended in that case. If you have long fingers but want a tight fitting glove then I think ft1 pro stock is the way to go as the fingers are extended 1/4"I believe

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:00 AM, Tucker16 said:

I find the FT1 gloves are really narrow. I use QL and they fit smaller I feel. The new covert seem more boxy than the previous line or maybe it’s just me. 

It is. I need to size down. Sucks. Bauer and warrior I find have gotten bigger vs years past. Ccm I'm still a 14 though. For now. 

The ft1 is nice and fitted. But it does loosen up over time like all.gloves as the padding packs in a bit. You can find ft1s on clearance/sale online too. Especially in Canada

• Like 1

The pro stock FT1's I picked up worked out perfectly. They're definitely a much slimmer overall package. Fantastic gloves inside and out. 

Good call by Hills and others to size down.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, stick9 said:

The pro stock FT1's I picked up worked out perfectly. They're definitely a much slimmer overall package. Fantastic gloves inside and out. 

Good call by Hills and others to size down.

I really like the look and fit if the ft1. Always wanted to try the pro stock version as I'm a fan of the pro palm and less gimmicky materials. 

Mond posting pics?

Edited by Sniper9

2 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I really like the look and fit if the ft1. Always wanted to try the pro stock version as I'm a fan of the pro palm and less gimmicky materials. 

Mond posting pics?

Sure...

foo1.PNG

PXL_20220119_002805583.jpg

• Like 1

Did you go with 13’s when you normally wear 14’s? Every time I’ve sized down in a glove based on other’s recommendation, the fingers are always too short. Was looking at picking up a pair of these as well 

40 minutes ago, Westside said:

Did you go with 13’s when you normally wear 14’s? Every time I’ve sized down in a glove based on other’s recommendation, the fingers are always too short. Was looking at picking up a pair of these as well 

@Westside Yes, I normally wear 14's and sized down to 13 for these.