Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Wing51

50 Flex Sticks

I know that Bauer and CCM have changed their 50 flex junior sticks to have a normal sized blade (instead of the small junior ones), does anyone know if Warrior has done the same?

Also, if anyone has experience using one of any brand, do you find anything detrimental about it?

We've bought Warrior all along until now for the same reason.  My daughter was ready to move on from the Jr stick/blade.  Went to Bauer 50 Flex for the full size blade.  She's 13 but not that tall so we can't cut down a 55 without it getting too stiff.  The full size P88 curve is essentially identical to the Warrior Jr W88 only bigger so a very short adjustment period.  The mid-line Vapor I found on true clearance had held up well.  I found a couple of more and stocked up!

On 1/15/2022 at 7:15 AM, Wing51 said:

I know that Bauer and CCM have changed their 50 flex junior sticks to have a normal sized blade (instead of the small junior ones), does anyone know if Warrior has done the same?

Also, if anyone has experience using one of any brand, do you find anything detrimental about it?

As far as I know, nope. I've actually written Warrior, telling them it's something I want. In terms of junior sticks, there are actually roughly 3 blade sizes, with Bauer 50 flex sticks having the largest blade. CCM comes in at second, and Warrior and True have the smallest blades. The shaft dimensions follow the same pattern.  

In terms of brand, as long as it's one of the major companies, quality is going to be about the same. Not to say there won't be issues. It's just that one year a stick line may have issues, then the next year that same line will be fine. That's what the 30 day warranty is for. I've used sticks from all the major companies over the last few years, and that's been my experience. If you're looking for a stick, just find one that fits you, and don't worry too much about the other stuff. 

On 1/18/2022 at 7:23 PM, stljrs said:

We've bought Warrior all along until now for the same reason.  My daughter was ready to move on from the Jr stick/blade.  Went to Bauer 50 Flex for the full size blade.  She's 13 but not that tall so we can't cut down a 55 without it getting too stiff.  The full size P88 curve is essentially identical to the Warrior Jr W88 only bigger so a very short adjustment period.  The mid-line Vapor I found on true clearance had held up well.  I found a couple of more and stocked up!

Yeah, I currently use a 55 flex INT cut down 2 inches. I saw the new LX line has the length listed at 54" instead of the traditional 51" so I was hoping they upped the blade size too. I haven't gotten to see them in person yet.

22 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Have you looked into Raven? I believe they use Sr or larger than junior blades as well. They were immensely popular when I was in the retail gig. 

I looked into them a few years ago. Looking at their site now they don't have the sticks in their online store (??) and they list the 50 flex at 60" which is way too long for me. I really like the mid-low alpha kick point because I'm indecisive haha. I currently use an old QX.