Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Zachsnipelev8

CCM Skate Fit Question

19 hours ago, Zachsnipelev8 said:

I currently have the CCM Jetspeed FT1 skates size 8 D width and they fit me perfectly. Out of the new CCM top of the line skates which model, size and fit would be the closest fit to my FT1’s? 

FT4 Pro tapered. Try on both 7.5 and 8.0

Did ccm mess with the fits like Bauer. And by that I mean their fit 2 is supposed to be supreme d but in reality it isn't really. I tried the hyperlite in fit 2 and heel lock was non existent and I used to wear supremes in 7d. 

I fit the as1 in 7d pretty well in terms of volume and heel lock. I had other issues with pressure points but the fit itself was good. Would their ft4 pro or 100kpro regular fit be more or less the same or did ccm tinker with thier fit system as well so it may not be the same?  I wanted to get the as3 pro in 7d but those seems to be selling out since the as-v pro is coming out and places probably aren't restocking. 

Edited by Sniper9

5 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Did ccm mess with the fits like Bauer. And by that I mean their fit 2 is supposed to be supreme d but in reality it isn't really. I tried the hyperlite in fit 2 and heel lock was non existent and I used to wear supremes in 7d. 

TLDR: Yes, CCM did.

The CCM standard fit is supposed to be similar to a standard D in all skates, however each model is made slightly different which will affect the way it fits. 

For example:

FT4 Pro standard vs a 100K standard vs an AS3 Pro D, all fit differently. 100K they had to adjust some padding placement and other things in order to allow the boot to fit properly while allowing more flexion and range of motion. The FT4 Pro standard is very similar to the previous FT2 but I would say it's more of an E/A than a D or a EE. The AS3 Pro is a traditional D, but the new AS-V Pro standard will fit slightly tighter in the heel. The forefoot will remain almost the same. 

8 hours ago, PBH said:

TLDR: Yes, CCM did.

The CCM standard fit is supposed to be similar to a standard D in all skates, however each model is made slightly different which will affect the way it fits. 

For example:

FT4 Pro standard vs a 100K standard vs an AS3 Pro D, all fit differently. 100K they had to adjust some padding placement and other things in order to allow the boot to fit properly while allowing more flexion and range of motion. The FT4 Pro standard is very similar to the previous FT2 but I would say it's more of an E/A than a D or a EE. The AS3 Pro is a traditional D, but the new AS-V Pro standard will fit slightly tighter in the heel. The forefoot will remain almost the same. 

By e/a does that mean E forefoot A heel?

Also if I fit an as1 7d well what would you suggest in terms of 100k pro? 7 narrow or regular?  Obviously as3 pro would be 7d... Now the question is if I wait for the as-v... What size would that be lol

Edited by Sniper9

3 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

By e/a does that mean E forefoot A heel?

Also if I fit an as1 7d well what would you suggest in terms of 100k pro? 7 narrow or regular?  Obviously as3 pro would be 7d... Now the question is if I wait for the as-v... What size would that be lol

Yes, E/A is forefoot and heel. 

If you want to order customs, for any model, you can do such without a scan and request them to build the skate on any last you prefer. 50% of our custom skate sales are based on scan and 50% are customer requested specifications. 

The AS-V looks awesome and it felt great when I tested it, but the boot is way too stiff for me. The AS1 was too stiff, the AS3 Pro way way too stiff, and the AS-V is even stiffer!

Personally, I still think the FT1 was the perfect balance of stiffness and flexibility. The downside was durability.  

17 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I fit the as1 in 7d pretty well in terms of volume and heel lock. I had other issues with pressure points but the fit itself was good. Would their ft4 pro or 100kpro regular fit be more or less the same or did ccm tinker with thier fit system as well so it may not be the same?  I wanted to get the as3 pro in 7d but those seems to be selling out since the as-v pro is coming out and places probably aren't restocking. 

Interesting , sorry to go off ccm topic. Came from supreme's with no issue and found ultrasonic's in fit 1 & 2 to have no heel lock for me . Had to switch to hyperlite's go figure . Tried on a few AS ccm models & found them very stiff as mentioned above. 

4 minutes ago, ChrisS8899 said:

Interesting , sorry to go off ccm topic. Came from supreme's with no issue and found ultrasonic's in fit 1 & 2 to have no heel lock for me . Had to switch to hyperlite's go figure . Tried on a few AS ccm models & found them very stiff as mentioned above. 

This was me. I just came back from trying on skates in store. Basically vapor in fit 1 was ok. Decent heel lock forefoot seemed a bit wide but I think overall it would've been ok with a bake. That said, it wasn't good enough for me to be like ok I'll buy them. Especially vs the fit of my trues. So Bauers fit system isn't going to work for me. 

As for ccm. I was happy to say their regular fit was pretty spot on. I tried the 90k ribcor and it was snug everywhere and good heel lock. Might've been a touch tight on the forefoot but baking would've most likely relaxed that area. Also the good thing about ccm is their 90 satisfaction guarantee. I tried an ft4 in tapered fit and that wasn't going to happen. Way too narrow. Which is funny when comparing Bauer's lowest volume fit to ccms. Not even comparable.  I wonder if ccm can get away with overall snugger fit systems bc their boots are much more thermoformable than Bauer's, and after a bake, ccms can fit a wider range or ppl. Just like how trues prebake will feel super tight and you can't even get your foot in. 

End of the day I'm liking where ccm is going with their skates. The Bauer hyperlite is a nice skate but they need to step up their game when it comes to how formable their boots can be when baked. 

• Like 1

IMO the issues with both fit systems is the naming. Bauers Fit 1, 2, 3 is not very intuitive. CCM's is a little better though tapered gives people the impression that the boot has a V type fit. 

Not to mention that not all skates are built using the fit system. So typical...

If you look at the skate line previous to the introduction of the fit system (Vapor, Supreme, Nexus) the fit system makes it easier for consumers to understand.