Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mxpowder

Skived felt tongue layer

Searched but could not find.  Looking for some help finding someone who sells a piece or layer of felt for skate tongues.  

I previously ordered some felt to line the inside of my tongues with, and it was a shop I think in the Midwest or Minnesota area?  Unfortunately I can’t remember what shop it was but I think I found them through Modsquad?  

Any help would be appreciated, I remember the guy offering different thickness felts and offered to skive the edges of the felt for a smooth transition.  I only need some extra felt for the top 3 eyelets of my skates. Felt or else something for the thin Hyperlite skate tongues to increase volume on the last 3 eyelets. 

On 1/22/2022 at 4:07 PM, mxpowder said:

No not really, just need some medium or thin layer of felt to glue or stitch into the back of the upper tongue to add some volume right about the ankle bone.  

How thick? 1mm, 2mm? Thicker? 

Edited by PBH

6 hours ago, PBH said:

How thick? 1mm, 2mm? Thicker? 

Probably about the thickness of a lower level skate felt tongue to add volume right at ankle bone and above. 

Maybe the same thickness as the stock Hyperlite tongues even though I recognize they are not felt. 

I have stock Hyperlite tongues and the last 2 or 3 eyelets wrap around the ankle too much. 

On 1/24/2022 at 7:54 PM, mxpowder said:

Probably about the thickness of a lower level skate felt tongue to add volume right at ankle bone and above. 

Maybe the same thickness as the stock Hyperlite tongues even though I recognize they are not felt. 

I have stock Hyperlite tongues and the last 2 or 3 eyelets wrap around the ankle too much. 

Amazon sells adhesive backed felt in various thickness. I have bought it before to add to customers skates adding some thickness to areas they wanted to be more robust. I would just order some of that.

The adhesive is very strong so it should work fine without sewing it in, but if you want it to be reinforced you can sew through the felt to anchor it to the tongue.