Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Bcowette

Superfeet black vs carbon arch height

Hello FNG here with a first post. I recently decided to pick up some skates so I could skate with my son who decided to play hockey for the first time this year. I started out just wanting to buy a reasonably priced pair of skates which has now turned into me obsessing over getting the skates perfect for me. I have super flat wide feet and the only thing that works for me is the Bauer vapor fit 3. I originally didn't want to spend as much as I did but settled on a 3x as it was the least expensive model I could get in fit 3. The boot itself fits like a glove with zero pressure points and no slop. I couldn't be happier with the skates but the stock footbed leaves a lot to be desired. I do get a decent amount of discomfort/fatigue on the bottom of my foot but nothing like the excruciating pain I had with some stake models that were clearly just wrong for me. I believe part of the problem is the stock foot bed is so narrow through the middle of the foot and arch area. I believe Bauer literally slaps the same footbed in an 8 fit 1 and 8 fit 3. doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyhow I decided to give the superfeet carbon a try. I don't like the way the comfort models lift the heel. I sized them up to accommodate my super wide heel and had them trimmed. They felt great in the store but when I got on the ice and skated a few times it was apparent that they had WAY to much arch in them. I did really like the way they stabilized my heel and could tell it helped in that regard but it simply moved the discomfort from the center of my foot to a much more intense pain on the inside of my feet where a persons arch would be if they have one. When I say I have flat feet everything but the last 1/2" the inside center of my foot lays flat on the ground when I step. I can barely get a pencil to slide in 1/2" under my arch. I returned the carbon under the 60 day guarantee and the guy at the hockey shop recommended that I try the black superfeet which are not marketed specifically to hockey. He said they are designed with a much lower arch and have a wider heel. Does anyone have any experience with the 2 models? I'm afraid that they will still have too much arch support. 

• Like 1

SF Black does have a smaller arch and lower profile than the SF Carbons by a little.  They also flex a bit more than the carbons.  Worth a try with SF's money back guarantee policy.  SF Black btw is marketed for dress shoes and shoes of low volume.

• Like 1

I know a lot of people that use these for hockey. I was actually told about them from an NHL EQM who had mentioned a lot of NHL players really like them and started to use them once Bauer stopped producing the Speed Plate 1.0/2/0

https://syksol.com/products/raven-thermo?variant=4649231089697

We have an order in to test them and see how they feel/perform. 

4 hours ago, PBH said:

I know a lot of people that use these for hockey. I was actually told about them from an NHL EQM who had mentioned a lot of NHL players really like them and started to use them once Bauer stopped producing the Speed Plate 1.0/2/0

https://syksol.com/products/raven-thermo?variant=4649231089697

We have an order in to test them and see how they feel/perform. 

Those are interesting. It looks like this might be a speedplate concept with more comfort? 

Update. I ordered a pair of Currex hockeypro insoles in low and got a chance to skate with them today. They were immediately better then anything I've tried and after about a 10 minute break in period I was able to skate with no foot pain or fatigue. Really happy that I can go skate and enjoy myself now! To anyone who has wide flat feet and struggling I recommend giving them a try. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bcowette said:

Update. I ordered a pair of Currex hockeypro insoles in low and got a chance to skate with them today. They were immediately better then anything I've tried and after about a 10 minute break in period I was able to skate with no foot pain or fatigue. Really happy that I can go skate and enjoy myself now! To anyone who has wide flat feet and struggling I recommend giving them a try. 

wait, are they just a clones of ccm custom support insoles?!