Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Tucker16

Fixing Removed Backhand Liners

Hi, I bought a pair of used pro FT4 pro (if someone also knows the pro model number hg?? I’d be grateful as nothing is written on them) and I didn’t realize there was no backhand padding and liner in either glove. Kinda hate the feeling.

how do you go about fixing this? I’m even ok with just a piece of something t cover up the stitching and roughness inside the glove. I don’t need a thick piece of foam with a covering. I’m ok at sewing by hand and am going to fix the palm with a patch. But I’m not sure how to attach it if you know what I mean. 

thanks! 

51 minutes ago, start_today said:

What was is the description? Can you just return them? That’s a significant chang to the glove. 

It said they were in ok used shape. The palm hole was clear. But for $40 cad and in a colour I like it’s not a biggie. Wish it was mentioned but it is what it is. Fit is not bad feels like a 4 roll kinda. I usually wear 13. I just never see pro stock  FT4 gloves. 

I don’t want to send them away as they are not expensive or a glove I care much about. Just wanted to know if there’s a decent fix so my hand doesn’t rub on the stitching and padding. 

I had a similar issue with a pair of gloves that had their backhand liners removed, and a short term fix was to cut an old hiking sock in half and place it in the backhand area. Volume reduction was the main reason for me, rather than issue rubbing on the stitching. If you have an old pair of gloves (or a pair you're willing to scrap) then having the liners from those in the gloves "floating" should work for a while until you can get some stitched in.

• Like 1

Removal of the backhand pads is fairly common on pro stock gloves. I always check that and the thumb loop's.

I've seen poron pads cut for Bauer gloves on sideline in the past. 

• Like 1

The best way is to find an old pair of gloves and remove the backhand liner at the cuff roll then it’s just a matter of sewing it in. Or you could take some material and sew a 4 inch by 4 inch square of material and then put some foam in it and sew that in to the glove. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

Hi, I bought a pair of used pro FT4 pro (if someone also knows the pro model number hg?? I’d be grateful as nothing is written on them) and I didn’t realize there was no backhand padding and liner in either glove. Kinda hate the feeling.

how do you go about fixing this? I’m even ok with just a piece of something t cover up the stitching and roughness inside the glove. I don’t need a thick piece of foam with a covering. I’m ok at sewing by hand and am going to fix the palm with a patch. But I’m not sure how to attach it if you know what I mean. 

thanks! 

It's fabric-covered, square thin foam flap that is attached at the edge of the cuff. So, the back of your hand makes contact with this square pad. Your wrist and forearm are above this foam thing. Your fingers are below this foam thing. 

In this picture, it is sewn to the cuff of the glove, next to the left of that flag patch. The other three sides of the square are not sewn to the glove.

IMG_3867__19446.1485293866.1280.1280.JPG

• Like 1

Honestly... the easiest way to cover up the backhand is just to stick a piece of sticky side Velcro to a piece of fabric and shove it in there. True used to do that with all of their gloves with removable palms and it works pretty well and it is considerably easier than sewing on the inside of the glove.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the ideas I’m going to buy a used pair of low end gloves prob later this week and try the Velcro and then if I hate that then I’ll try sewing it on. I don’t care what it looks like I just don’t like the rubbing. The volume is a bit much as i wear 13 usually. Again I appreciate all the advice

• Like 1

I did it. I had a pie of old beat up Easton gloves I disliked so I cut the backhand pad out, sewed Velcro on the back of the pad and stuck it in. Did the thumb padding too as it was cut off. Works perfect youd never know the difference plus it doesn’t move. 

thanks everyone for your suggestions I also fixed the palm hole. 

Edited by Tucker16
  • Like 3

On 2/7/2022 at 12:59 PM, start_today said:

Post before and after pics!!!

I’d like to but I have no idea how to attach images other than Instagram and it’s not very good. I’m on mobile

Edited by Tucker16

On 2/10/2022 at 1:34 PM, Tucker16 said:

I’d like to but I have no idea how to attach images other than Instagram and it’s not very good. I’m on mobile

The process hasn't changed in the past 20 years for posting photos to forums (aside from bbcode becoming the standard instead of the img code which I don't even think exists anymore):

Step 1 - host the images somewhere (Flickr, imgur, photobucket if that exists anymore)

Step 2: copy the bbcode and post in your msg.

Step 3: profit? 😎

33 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

The process hasn't changed in the past 20 years for posting photos to forums (aside from bbcode becoming the standard instead of the img code which I don't even think exists anymore):

Step 1 - host the images somewhere (Flickr, imgur, photobucket if that exists anymore)

Step 2: copy the bbcode and post in your msg.

Step 3: profit? 😎

I can attach photos directly from my mobile device. Just click on the paper clip and select the image you want to attach. 

The only wrinkle could be if you are posting from a different device then the one used to take the pic.

Done from my phone

PXL_20220107_235335083.jpg

Well

6 hours ago, stick9 said:

I can attach photos directly from my mobile device. Just click on the paper clip and select the image you want to attach. 

The only wrinkle could be if you are posting from a different device then the one used to take the pic.

Done from my phone

PXL_20220107_235335083.jpg

There is no paper clip on mine 

14 hours ago, Tucker16 said:

Well

There is no paper clip on mine 

Same, but I don't use a phone to view this site sop maybe the paper clip is a  mobile only thing?  I guess if a site offers hosting that may work but most forums don't as it requires added storage capacity ($$).  You can still host on an image hosting site (most of which have easy to use apps now since we're talking mobile), grab the bbcode which is a copy/paste and can be done on mobile as well, then paste in the forum and share a photo. 

I'm 42, part of that in-between generation that grew up as tech was growing up so experienced the best of both worlds (and experienced the web before FB where forums were a way of life lol), maybe I just thought this would be common knowledge for anyone younger than me that only knew a life living with tech.  Also, I just assume most users are younger than me since most of the teams I'm on, aside from the over 40 one, I'm way older than anyone else 😞 nothing worse than being twice the age of your D partner lol

7 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Same, but I don't use a phone to view this site sop maybe the paper clip is a  mobile only thing?  I guess if a site offers hosting that may work but most forums don't as it requires added storage capacity ($$).  You can still host on an image hosting site (most of which have easy to use apps now since we're talking mobile), grab the bbcode which is a copy/paste and can be done on mobile as well, then paste in the forum and share a photo. 

I'm 42, part of that in-between generation that grew up as tech was growing up so experienced the best of both worlds (and experienced the web before FB where forums were a way of life lol), maybe I just thought this would be common knowledge for anyone younger than me that only knew a life living with tech.  Also, I just assume most users are younger than me since most of the teams I'm on, aside from the over 40 one, I'm way older than anyone else 😞 nothing worse than being twice the age of your D partner lol

I'm about the same age and I always tell people the opposite of growing older is way worse than just embracing it! 

That said, I'm all for seeing how this ended up. I have a couple pairs that I'd love to add some backhand padding back in.

Edited by NiCnoK

37 minutes ago, NiCnoK said:

That said, I'm all for seeing how this ended up. I have a couple pairs that I'd love to add some backhand padding back in.

To that end, what’s the recommended material to add when you don’t want to steal from a donor pair?

I’ve seen removed backhand padding for sale (shipping usually makes it not worth it) but shouldn’t I be able to grab foam from Michaels that would work?

1 hour ago, yrhmblnr8r said:

To that end, what’s the recommended material to add when you don’t want to steal from a donor pair?

I’ve seen removed backhand padding for sale (shipping usually makes it not worth it) but shouldn’t I be able to grab foam from Michaels that would work?

Have you tried sites like Granger and McMaster Carr? 

23 hours ago, yrhmblnr8r said:

I’d check Michaels or Joann fabrics for some soft/stretchy/durable fabric. For padding, I ordered a 12”x12” sheet of poron off Amazon in the early days of quarantine to add backhand padding to a pair of gloves I had 

8 hours ago, yrhmblnr8r said:

Fair enough. I was more concerned with sweat absorption if I chose the wrong type. I guess it can always be taken out and redone if it gets too funky. 

I guess I never thought about that. I see some warrior liners on eBay right now but yeah that’s quite important as it would smell or be real heavy and hot.