Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
eastside

2022 Bauer Inlines - What skates are you Rocking for 2022?

Skates you are Rocking for 2022  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hope it's okay to start this topic here as I know new releases are confidential, have been looking forward to the new Bauer range after the hyperlite range was released last year.  Would be hoping they would move the tech from the skate over to the inline boot and seeing many conversions it seemed highly likely.  From what i've heard there won't be a hyperlite or top end skate,  would this give an opportunity for a future limited release perhaps?  The top end 3x Pro or second level boot isn't so top end and one notable change is use of millennium wheels and with a downgraded chassis.    Bauer this time have really cut down on their line, so only the 3 models offered in-line with mission's 3 models, maybe to allow more production of their different fit system?   I don't know too many details of the lower two models, but feel free to chime if you have any comments.   Will you be getting a pair?  or will you be looking at spending your money on a different brand/model this year.

Unfortunately Bauer won't be implementing all three fits to the roller line, at least as of now.

3XProRH will come in Fit 2 only. I really wish Bauer would give a Fit 3 option. I know the roller community is nowhere near as large as the ice community, but it really would set them apart knowing if a guy came in with higher insteps/volumed feet, we would have something that could comfortably work off the shelf.

• Like 1

Having the top Vapor option only available in Fit 2 also takes away the shallow/narrow option.

Fit 2 Vapors won't offer a fit that's significantly different than a D width Mission. So, Bauer will have two similar fits, plus E and EE Mission. Ok for the average to slightly wide foot, but nothing for the narrow/low volume or high volume/very wide.

For my foot type, narrow/average heel, average depth and very wide forefoot, True in W fits best out of the current models. Those and my old EE Mako M7 fit well. I hope the True W fit stays around for a while as I don't think options from other brands would work as well for my feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve66 said:

If you're after pro spec and hardware, try to snap up a pair of the 2XR Pro Skate while you can

I saw in the Bauer catalogue that the 3x pro roller has a composite outsole compared to the ice version that has pro tpu. With the composite outsole does it make it closer to the 2XR pro boot specs? I understand the chassis is different but I’m just talking about the boot. 

• Like 1

It certainly helps bring it closer to the boot specs of the 2XR Pro, still not quite as premium, which is intentional and reflects in the pricing and specs. The 3X Pro is an amalgamation of the 2XR Pro and 2XR. If you can get the 2XR on sale, the chassis and wheel makes it a no brainer alone.

• Like 2

Screen-Shot-2022-02-25-at-6-18-38-PM.png

Seems images are circulating around social media now and skates have now been released in Europe.  Have seen a pair of 3x Pros and these don't even have a cnc chassis but rather the extruded chassis (could be slightly better quality) found on the 3x or the 2.9.  Seems like and interesting choice,  would rather be paying for the better chassis, better wheels and tpu outsole than just an upgrade on the outsole.  The 3.5's seem to be a downgrade on the 2.7's,  interesting choices made here for the roller line compared to the three offerings mission came out with last year.

Low and behold the videos have started cropping up online,  Chase mentions a cnc'd aluminum chassis on both the 3x pro and the 3x models, anyone beg to differ.  Let me know if you guys plan to pick up a pair, or if you'll just wait for the previous gen to go on sale.

Edited by eastside
image not embedded

9 hours ago, eastside said:

Screen-Shot-2022-02-25-at-6-18-38-PM.png

Seems images are circulating around social media now and skates have now been released in Europe.  Have seen a pair of 3x Pros and these don't even have a cnc chassis but rather the extruded chassis (could be slightly better quality) found on the 3x or the 2.9.  Seems like and interesting choice,  would rather be paying for the better chassis, better wheels and tpu outsole than just an upgrade on the outsole.  The 3.5's seem to be a downgrade on the 2.7's,  interesting choices made here for the roller line compared to the three offerings mission came out with last year.

I played a tournament over the weekend in my 3x pro ice to roller conversion and have been practicing in them for 2 weeks and the tpu outsole isn’t noticeable to me. Makes me wonder if I got the hyperlites with a marsblade R1 chassis if I would feel that flex outsole the way that people say they feel it on ice. 

The thing I’m a little disappointed about is the lack of the grip texture around the perimeter of the footbed. My 2x pros have them and I don’t wear socks so I like that extra grip on the bottom of my feet. And from the photos I’ve seen online the 3x pro roller don’t have the grip either. I’ll probably do a full review after a couple months of use to get a full scope on the skate. 

Edited by moonrockticktock
  • Like 1

My thoughts are cost cutting and trying to make a top tier skate more affordable, especially for a younger gen who may just end up accepting that an alu chassis is the new norm.  If it looks good it will sell, and we all know that Bauer sells well.  Someone else can probably weigh in on this.  Half of the comments already on youtube and reddit posts are regarding the downgraded chassis.  As i mentioned would have rather had better wheels and better chassis than the offering they have now.  What makes it more interesting is that the chassis they have now is powder coated (more weight)? when i thought vapor boots was all about saving weight.  Anyone can offer anymore insight please chime in.

22 hours ago, the_game said:

Why stop using the kryptonium chassis?

Seems like a mixture between price point and cost cutting. Maybe the 2XR pros didn’t sell much at such a high price point? To be honest as a new person to inline coming from ice when I was looking at the skates on the market, I saw the price of the 2XR pros and I was a bit astounded considering the top of the line ice skates are around $1000. 

When are they going to put the previous vapor line on sale? Seems like the current line and old line can't exist at full price, together, for too long.

They will put them on sale when they hit a certain amount of remaining stock. They did the same with Mission release where the fz were still full price when the wm line dropped. 

Personally I don't wear vapors but I'm really baffled by the decision to only offer in fit 2. 

• Like 1

Picked up a pair of 3X Pros a few weeks ago, and have skated max 5 times in them at indoor practice, decided to stick with the original millennium wheels to start with as I had good experience with those when i was younger.  Now all of a sudden one of them is beginning to chunk or do something strange.  I'm quite light on wheels and haven't done anything extreme or had and major impacts, so i'm surprised that this is happening.   Going to swap out for addictions for the weekend, but from what I remember Millenniums use to be a decent wheel.

IMG-20220309-031138.jpg

Millenniums always do that for me, you might be too heavy for them. Either way, serve that picture to Labeda and they will take care of it. They're great about this stuff

• Like 1

17 hours ago, eastside said:

Picked up a pair of 3X Pros a few weeks ago, and have skated max 5 times in them at indoor practice, decided to stick with the original millennium wheels to start with as I had good experience with those when i was younger.  Now all of a sudden one of them is beginning to chunk or do something strange.  I'm quite light on wheels and haven't done anything extreme or had and major impacts, so i'm surprised that this is happening.   Going to swap out for addictions for the weekend, but from what I remember Millenniums use to be a decent wheel.

IMG-20220309-031138.jpg

I had a bunch of the first run of addictions do that back in the day. Labeda was great, sent me a new set and said by the way the wheels with the cracks should be fine. I used the wheels and despite the cracks, labeda was right they performed fine, wheels wore as usual otherwise, not really an issue. 

• Like 1