Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
rh71el2

Coming from ice skates, need advice

I am primarily concerned about feel/pitch of the skates.  My 2 kids who wear size 6 senior Bauer Vapor 2x & Bauer Supreme 3s Pro are in need of roller hockey skates to play a single season coming up (keep it cheap).  They have had a year of roller experience before but I'm looking for a clear picture of what's the most compatible brand in terms of feel now that they need new skates again.  I wear Bauer Vapor ice skates and own an old pair of Tour Code 1 (not hi-lo) and wore Missions (hi-lo) before that.  I feel like the Tours are an easy transition and the Missions were not, but again, these were very old skates and they may have changed the modern skates.  Any tips on what brands work best if they want the least difference?  Not many Bauer Vapors on the used market and I'd like to get educated on brand differences regardless.   I've found some Tour Volt KV4, Alkali Revel 5, Mission Control Xi skates so far.

Edited by rh71el2

1 minute ago, Left Wing King said:

Keep the boots and swap out the runners for a roller chasis, it'll be cheaper

They play ice full time and still use the boots including through spring.  The boots don't last longer than a year regardless as they are growing teens.

Edited by rh71el2

Hmm in that case then I'd convert these current boots they have, and get new ice ones as they're probably due new ones anyway. That way you're only paying for chasis and wheels, instead of two new sets of boots per child. If that makes sense.

• Like 2

^ thanks for the thought - I may actually do that for one of them since they're close to sizing-out of it.

I'm surprised there's no collaborative opinion on how Tours and Missions fit/feel in comparison to Bauer.

Edited by rh71el2

To be honest I know a Bauer Nexus 6ee fits my feet, so i bought a pair and had them converted. No fucking about with skates that are meant to fit this way and that. I knew what works and for me that is saving time and money. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Left Wing King said:

To be honest I know a Bauer Nexus 6ee fits my feet, so i bought a pair and had them converted. No fucking about with skates that are meant to fit this way and that. I knew what works and for me that is saving time and money. 

This.  And the fact there's way more selection of ice boots to choose from. You'll eventually find something that's fits best vs roller which has limited options and you'll be settling. 

For me id get the true tf inlines since I have the true custom so the fit will be very similar. 

Well, Bauer rollers are built in the Vapor last and Mission rollers are built on the Supreme last. So size 6 in both would be your most logical bet. I'm assuming you already figured something out, but just putting it here in case

• Like 1