Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I read the Bauer’s factory profile is set at what I am assuming is a Quad Zero due to the radio (6ft-9ft-11ft-13ft) out of the box. Pro Sharp lists this as a size 7-8 skate. Does this mean that if one has a junior size 1-2, the Bauer factory profile would be a Quad 3XS (4ft-5ft-7ft-10ft)?  I have new Step Steel Blacksteel and want to possibly profile them with a Quad 3XS for my squirt. I’d like him to skate in the profile prior and if the Bauer factory profile matches Pro Sharp’s Quad profiling, I won’t need to profile the LS Pulse blades saving me money. He is currently on a Cag One 15/25 with slight lean forward and likes it but want to see what the Quad feels like. 

Anyone have any insight to this?

Thanks

Quad profiles are only on Bauer's current 3S (size 4 and bigger), 3S Pro, and Ultrasonic retail skates.  And yes 212 and 221 runners on the 3S Pro have a Quad 3XS profile on them.  Replacement steel has a 10' profile.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Quad profiles are only on Bauer's current 3S (size 4 and bigger), 3S Pro, and Ultrasonic retail skates.  And yes 212 and 221 runners on the 3S Pro have a Quad 3XS profile on them.  Replacement steel has a 10' profile.

Hey, thanks for clearing that up for me. It helps me greatly and saves me a little time and money. 

Mike

20 hours ago, Vet88 said:

For anyone who is interested, here is the table listing the profiles Bauer use on their Pulse Ti power blades:

prosharp-power-profile.jpg

I just read this from a while ago… I have a real problem with Bauer going with such a tight radius on 7-10year olds skates.  They are very unstable with such a round basically banana’d blade. Kids also loose top end speed and as we all know, Young hockey players love to burn the other team by just blowing by the the other teams D. 

I have my boy on a custom 7’ toe smoothly blended to a 12.5’ heal. 221 size steel. It’s a Blackstone OMNI Profile. Like an elipse where it’s continuously changing, except I can pick what radius the profile starts and ends with at the heal and the toe.  Way better!   I skate on an OMNI 0.5 myself. 8’ toe -> 13’ heal. 

Edited by Paluce

3 hours ago, Paluce said:

I just read this from a while ago… I have a real problem with Bauer going with such a tight radius on 7-10year olds skates.  They are very unstable with such a round basically banana’d blade. Kids also loose top end speed and as we all know, Young hockey players love to burn the other team by just blowing by the the other teams D. 

I have my boy on a custom 7’ toe smoothly blended to a 12.5’ heal. 221 size steel. It’s a Blackstone OMNI Profile. Like an elipse where it’s continuously changing, except I can pick what radius the profile starts and ends with at the heal and the toe.  Way better!   I skate on an OMNI 0.5 myself. 8’ toe -> 13’ heal. 

Which come with which?  Some are listed with the Balance profile, 13', which is what my son's 3X came with, size 2.5.  At least with that you have a good base for further profiling.  The other ones you are going to remove a lot of steel if you want to flatten it out.

The Power Profile (quad) comes on the high end Supreme 3sPro junior skates. Vapor 3xPro’s do not. They come with the pulse runner with a 10’ profile. 2x jr skates had the LS2 10’ steel.  3x may come with the Balance 13’.  To bad The pulse blades do not list the profile on the steel like the older LS steel did. That was nice to know what you were getting out of the box.   

I profile a lot of players 13’ balance steel to a Blackstone OMNI Profile with a 7’ or 8’ toe transitioning to a 12 or 13’ heal depending on the skate size. There is an instant increase in agility and turning without the drop in the players speed. 

I'd still profile them. Their stock quad 0 feels different than the quad 0 I get at my pro shops. Different in a bad way.