Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
krisdrum

O1 Kraft Team junior sizes - stiff enough for adult?

I'm loving my True TF7 ice skates since getting them a few weeks back.  Want to get Marsblades O1 chassis to continue working on my skating this spring/summer.  Debating spending the money on a True TF7 boot and the Marsblade chassis or saving a bit of cash and getting the O1 Kraft Team set-up in a junior size.  I'm not a big guy (175lbs, 5 ft 6in), but have deformed softer boots in the past (have a pair of Graf 535 my pronation deformed and I had to shim to compensate for).  The Trues are pretty stiff, so would prefer something comparable if I go with a different boot.  In a size 4 True and able to comfortably wear size 4.5 Ribcors without issue, so assume a 4.5 in the Marsblade boot would fit me. 

Anyone have direct experience with the Kraft Team boots?  Believe they are made by Alkali for Marsblade.  Thanks. 

Can’t Speak to the Kraft boots, but I’m a big fan of matching my ice boots to my roller boots. No need to adjust one way or the other when that’s the case. Also gives you the ability to use whatever chassis/wheel combo you want rather than what the manufacturer forces you to buy 

14 hours ago, Westside said:

Can’t Speak to the Kraft boots, but I’m a big fan of matching my ice boots to my roller boots. No need to adjust one way or the other when that’s the case. Also gives you the ability to use whatever chassis/wheel combo you want rather than what the manufacturer forces you to buy 

That was the way I was leaning until I really priced it out.  Then my frugal side kicked in.  But since it isn't like my foot is growing, I'll probably bite the bullet and go that direction unless someone has glowing review of the Kraft boots. 

I have the O1 Kraft Team and I no longer use them. You get what you pay for, the boot is very soft and the overall construction is cheap. I ended up buying 3x pros with an R1 chassis because I started playing roller but also because I wanted a stiff boot and something comparable to my 2x pros. Your frugal side might be kicking in but you may as well just get the right thing first and not feel dissatisfied and have to buy again and spend more money like I did. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, moonrockticktock said:

I have the O1 Kraft Team and I no longer use them. You get what you pay for, the boot is very soft and the overall construction is cheap. I ended up buying 3x pros with an R1 chassis because I started playing roller but also because I wanted a stiff boot and something comparable to my 2x pros. Your frugal side might be kicking in but you may as well just get the right thing first and not feel dissatisfied and have to buy again and spend more money like I did. 

Thanks and sorry to hear they didn't work that well for you.  Yeah, I came to my senses last night after my usual skate and pulled the trigger on the O1 chassis.  Now I just need to figure out what boot to put on it.  Probably give myself an early birthday present and get the Trues, but need to weigh that out.