Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Compression short or pant with garter belt?

WSI used to make these but it seems they recently stopped. I keep getting asked by customers if anyone else makes something similar, preferably in a pant. I know players can just use a compression pant and then use a cup + garter combo but they want an all-in-one unit. Any ideas who makes one still? 

wsi482snc-2.gif

Closest I've seen lately is from Bluesports "Hockey compression shorts with jock and garter" looks like a loose short tho?? I also remember Shock Doctor making one, but, I believe that has since been discontinued sadly. 

On 3/1/2022 at 7:22 AM, Monty22 said:

Basically just garter clips with velcro attachment? 

On 3/1/2022 at 6:20 AM, JBP said:

Closest I've seen lately is from Bluesports "Hockey compression shorts with jock and garter" looks like a loose short tho??

I checked their website and didn't see them 

You own a hockey store and seem like you are mechanically inclined and enjoy experimenting with new ideas and tinkering with stuff.  

Be the change you want to see in the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, start_today said:

You own a hockey store and seem like you are mechanically inclined and enjoy experimenting with new ideas and tinkering with stuff.  

Ya bud, agree with this. Might be time to start manufacturing your own lol.

6 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Ya bud, agree with this. Might be time to start manufacturing your own lol.

20 hours ago, start_today said:

I would only make something if there was enough demand to justify such. In this case, 90%+ players find velcro to be just fine. 8% will use a separate garter belt + cup combo. 2% will ask for things that are unique. 

😉 

• Like 1

I like velcro, but have found the placement on my ShockDoctor compression shorts is pretty low. I wish it was higher up the thigh. I use pro-stock socks that don't have velcro for two of my teams so I use a garter belt. I have thought about sewing in some velcro, but that takes me back to my comment. Sometimes when I've used the velcro on socks with the ShockDoctor jock, the top of my shinguards get caught up on the bottom lip of my pants since I'm not really pulling the stock up far enough to be more snug on the shinguard. I made sure to buy the "large" pro-stock socks too.

I ditched the velcro a while ago in favor of the old school garter belt, it just works better for me.  A couple of months ago I decided I liked how my old 9K girdle had the built in velcro tabs for the old RBK socks and decided to make my own garter belt version by attaching the garter clips to some old velcro that I then stuck to the front velcro on my Super Tacks girdle (I have my thigh pads up just above the middle of the adjustment area so had some room below), I then sewed the clips to the back of the girdle, so it's all connected now and works like a charm.  My 6th grade home-ec sewing skills keep coming in handy 😆

• Like 3

On 3/1/2022 at 1:31 AM, PBH said:

WSI used to make these but it seems they recently stopped. I keep getting asked by customers if anyone else makes something similar, preferably in a pant. I know players can just use a compression pant and then use a cup + garter combo but they want an all-in-one unit. Any ideas who makes one still? 

wsi482snc-2.gif

I’d like to find the same set up