Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lfntn10

Contacting CCM

Hi all - I received a pair of custom skates from CCM, however the sizing is off compared to what I ordered.  Is there any way to get in contact with them?  I've tried messaging them through their website and even an Instagram DM, but nothing.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, krisdrum said:

Shouldn't the store you purchased them through handle this through their regional rep?

I tried contacting them, but they said they didn't think there was anything they could do with custom orders.  Maybe ill try their corporate office and see if they say anything.

1 hour ago, Lfntn10 said:

Hi all - I received a pair of custom skates from CCM, however the sizing is off compared to what I ordered.  Is there any way to get in contact with them?  I've tried messaging them through their website and even an Instagram DM, but nothing.

Thanks!

Just curious. They are larger or smaller than you want?

34 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

Just curious. They are larger or smaller than you want?

They’re larger, I was looking at the sticker on the boot and the paperwork in the box and size is larger (by a half) than what I had ordered originally.

2 hours ago, Lfntn10 said:

They’re larger, I was looking at the sticker on the boot and the paperwork in the box and size is larger (by a half) than what I had ordered originally.

Do you have some kind of receipt from the store that shows the size you ordered? I would assume if you have something that says "Size 8" and the box says "Size 8.5", that would be enough proof that the store made a mistake.

Have you seen this thread? 

12 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Do you have some kind of receipt from the store that shows the size you ordered? I would assume if you have something that says "Size 8" and the box says "Size 8.5", that would be enough proof that the store made a mistake.

Have you seen this thread? 

Oh man I ordered them last year, I’ll have to see if I have the receipt still.  Thanks I’ll check the thread out

When were they ordered? And when did you take receipt?

how many times have you worn them? Did you not notice the size discrepancy when you first got them?

true, the shop from which you ordered should be handling these issues, but if you’ve had them for quite a while, that’s the biggest thing that may be working against you in that regard

On 3/14/2022 at 2:24 PM, Lfntn10 said:

Thanks!

The store you ordered them from should be handling this. However, given that it's been over a year, I don't think anyone will help you. How come you noticed this now, and how did you determine they are the wrong size? 

The OP said he ordered them last year.  Couldn't that mean Nov/Dec?  I'm assuming wait time on delivery is at least 6 weeks.  That would put the skates in the OP's hands pretty recently. 

9 minutes ago, krisdrum said:

The OP said he ordered them last year.  Couldn't that mean Nov/Dec?  I'm assuming wait time on delivery is at least 6 weeks.  That would put the skates in the OP's hands pretty recently. 

Semantics, I guess. When someone says "last year" I read it differently. Also, why a store that sold customs would not support a customer is ridiculous. 

@Lfntn10 Where are you located? I own a store and know most of the CCM reps so I can act as a bridge for you. 

36 minutes ago, PBH said:

Semantics, I guess. When someone says "last year" I read it differently. Also, why a store that sold customs would not support a customer is ridiculous. 

@Lfntn10 Where are you located? I own a store and know most of the CCM reps so I can act as a bridge for you. 

Yeah, hopefully the OP will weigh in with more details.  If it truly has been more than a few months since ordering, would think he is in for a bumpy ride.  And completely agree, the shop should be dealing with this, even if it has been awhile since he took receipt. 

2 hours ago, PBH said:

The store you ordered them from should be handling this. However, given that it's been over a year, I don't think anyone will help you. How come you noticed this now, and how did you determine they are the wrong size? 

Sorry, the wording made it an ambiguous time frame lol.  I actually ordered them in November and got them late January.  

So I used to have a retail version of the skates in the same size, and they felt like a good fit minus the toe box area which is why I went custom.  So I opted for the same size due to how it felt, just a quarter size smaller on one of the skates.  However, upon using these, it feels like its actually half a size larger, and both tags say 6 1/2 despite the fact that my right skate was ordered in a 6 1/4.  When I had my retail versions, my toes were able to lightly brush against the toe cap, now I can't even feel it at all.  

Personally I wouldn't care if they were both 6 1/2 and felt like how the retail version fit length wise.

Edit: I also live in NJ

Edited by Lfntn10

On 3/17/2022 at 9:45 AM, Lfntn10 said:

Sorry, the wording made it an ambiguous time frame lol.  I actually ordered them in November and got them late January.  

So I used to have a retail version of the skates in the same size, and they felt like a good fit minus the toe box area which is why I went custom.  So I opted for the same size due to how it felt, just a quarter size smaller on one of the skates.  However, upon using these, it feels like its actually half a size larger, and both tags say 6 1/2 despite the fact that my right skate was ordered in a 6 1/4.  When I had my retail versions, my toes were able to lightly brush against the toe cap, now I can't even feel it at all.  

Personally I wouldn't care if they were both 6 1/2 and felt like how the retail version fit length wise.

Edit: I also live in NJ

Do you have a copy of the digital order that was submitted to CCM showing you ordered a 1/4 side and they gave you a 1/2 size? 

The email would be titled "CCM Order Confirmation" and would come from DoNotReply@techmed3d.com 

21 hours ago, PBH said:

Do you have a copy of the digital order that was submitted to CCM showing you ordered a 1/4 side and they gave you a 1/2 size? 

The email would be titled "CCM Order Confirmation" and would come from DoNotReply@techmed3d.com 

I actually ordered it in store at Pure Hockey, but I never got an e-mail confirmation.  But I double checked my e-mail just now and didn't see it.  I did e-mail their corporate store this weekend and they're going to reach out to CCM.  I also heard back from CCM on insta and they're going to get me in touch with someone as well, so we'll see how this works out.

1 hour ago, Lfntn10 said:

I actually ordered it in store at Pure Hockey, but I never got an e-mail confirmation.  But I double checked my e-mail just now and didn't see it.  I did e-mail their corporate store this weekend and they're going to reach out to CCM.  I also heard back from CCM on insta and they're going to get me in touch with someone as well, so we'll see how this works out.

Cool. If you hit a bottleneck let me know.