Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
thorbs

Bauer Supreme ACP Pro Girdle (vs SuperTacks/Jetspeed/Covert) - any experiences?

Hey all,

Anyone tried the ACP Pro girdle out? I'm in a unique situation where the top men's league in my area and the national comp are full-contact, but I also play competitive non-contact as well, so a good girdle works better for me than swapping high- and low-end pants depending on what league I'm playing in, as I just find them more comfortable even if the padding is OTT for the level of play.

I'd be upgrading from my Projekt girdle, which is perfect 99% of the time, but in full-contact you really notice the lack of padding at the waist (specifically between the hips and kidney pads) and lower back.

FWIW, cost isn't a massive factor, as whatever I buy next will (hopefully) last me through the end of playing full-contact. My buying options would be:

Jetspeed or Covert girdle (same price)

ACP Pro - $50 more

Thanks!

Edited by thorbs

I have one now. I think the padding is a bit on the light side. I've never owned the projekt so I can't tell you if it's better or worse. My guess is slightly better. I didn't think it was padded enough for me personally. I also think they run on the long side even though they are adjustable.

• Like 1

I went from the Projekt to the True XC9 girdle. The XC9 is more protective around the waist area and lower back than the Projekt. The Covert girdle looks very similar to the XC9 and us the other option I was considering, but I came across a great deal on the XC9.