Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
pgeorgan

Jetspeed FT4 Pro

Can someone help me with this? I'm looking for info on this stick build code: HSJCTSP

It's supposed to be a Jetspeed FT4 Pro. It's certainly painted like one. However, it's coming in at 40g heavier on my scale. This is huge disparity from the listed weight.

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, pgeorgan said:

Can someone help me with this? I'm looking for info on this stick build code: HSJCTSP

It's supposed to be a Jetspeed FT4 Pro. It's certainly painted like one. However, it's coming in at 40g heavier on my scale. This is huge disparity from the listed weight.

Thanks. 

What is it weighing at? What flex and length? 

10 hours ago, PBH said:

What is it weighing at? What flex and length? 

I have two identical sticks in their geometry and flex. One has build code HSJCTSP, the other is the more recognizable HSFT4P

The former is roughly 40 +/- 2g heavier. I understand that you can get some shaft customizations with CCM. Perhaps this is it? I don't really know, other than my research tells me the crucial letters are "JCT" in the HSJCTSP designation. 

There's also a sticker on the inside from the factory. It has some numbers and some Chinese scripts. It says "FT5", among other things, on the inside of the shaft.... Could this be true!?

Edited by pgeorgan

2 hours ago, pgeorgan said:

I have two identical sticks in their geometry and flex. One has build code HSJCTSP, the other is the more recognizable HSFT4P

The former is roughly 40 +/- 2g heavier. I understand that you can get some shaft customizations with CCM. Perhaps this is it? I don't really know, other than my research tells me the crucial letters are "JCT" in the HSJCTSP designation. 

There's also a sticker on the inside from the factory. It has some numbers and some Chinese scripts. It says "FT5", among other things, on the inside of the shaft.... Could this be true!?

FT4 Pro would be HSMHK4SP and would look like this: 

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/sticks/4428547-ccm-rare-new-jetspeed-ft4-pro-custom-blue-auston-matthews-papi-34-toronto-skyline-single-stick

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/sticks/4375837-ccm-new-lh-jetspeed-ft4-pro-p90m-105-flex

From what I can tell, that stick seems like it's a SMU, a Jetspeed Control likely with a FT4 Pro graphic applied. 

1 hour ago, PBH said:

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/sticks/4428547-ccm-rare-new-jetspeed-ft4-pro-custom-blue-auston-matthews-papi-34-toronto-skyline-single-stick

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/sticks/4375837-ccm-new-lh-jetspeed-ft4-pro-p90m-105-flex

From what I can tell, that stick seems like it's a SMU, a Jetspeed Control likely with a FT4 Pro graphic applied. 

What's a Jetspeed Control? Never heard of it.

Facepalm. Found it. Ugh. 

Perhaps the first Jetspeed isn't pro stock, as I think "HSFT4P" is just the model code for the retail jetspeed pro. I am familiar with HSMHK4SP, however, as being a type of JT4 Pro, Pro Stock.

Edited by pgeorgan

On 3/21/2022 at 10:44 AM, PBH said:

Have you ever heard of a Jetspeed "Custom" ??? Is that a thing? I don't think it is, but I'm asking anyway just to be sure.

3 minutes ago, pgeorgan said:

Have you ever heard of a Jetspeed "Custom" ??? Is that a thing? I don't think it is, but I'm asking anyway just to be sure.

My store recently got about 40 x FT4 Pro pro stock sticks in and I weighed each one. The variance in weight was between 388-412 grams depending on the blade style and stick length. Not a single stick has the build code of HSJCTSP anywhere on the stick. Can you share a pic of the label on the inside of the stick? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PBH said:

My store recently got about 40 x FT4 Pro pro stock sticks in and I weighed each one. The variance in weight was between 388-412 grams depending on the blade style and stick length. Not a single stick has the build code of HSJCTSP anywhere on the stick. Can you share a pic of the label on the inside of the stick? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvbld7cxyodv83s/Photo Mar 22%2C 1 12 28 PM.jpg?dl=0

I understand there might be some variance. In my case, however, the stick weighs 427g. This is well outside your observed range on those 40 sticks, and corroborates my theory. For reference, a Jetspeed Control is listed at 435g. That's prob for 85 flex. This is a 75 flex, and its about 8g less.

Overall, this particular stick is about 50g heavier than an FT4 Pro of the same length. To be sure, a 4.5" piece of an FT4 Pro is about 12g, according to my scale. So, I doubt length would account for this disparity. 

I guess where I'm lost is, if there was some sort of additional customization to the stick that would account for the weight, what is it, and where is that represented in the attached picture? In the absence of that, this thing is either a Jetspeed Control dressed as a Pro, or a Fugazi. Or both, depending on your perspective. 

I'm a big believer in Occam's razor: given the build code has "JCT" in it, and given the known weight of a JS Control, all signs point to it being such.

Edited by pgeorgan

1 minute ago, pgeorgan said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvbld7cxyodv83s/Photo Mar 22%2C 1 12 28 PM.jpg?dl=0

I understand there might be some variance. In my case, however, the stick weighs 427g. For reference, a Jetspeed Control is listed at 435g. That's prob for 85 flex. This is a 75 flex, and its about 8g less.

Overall, this particular stick is about 50g heavier than an FT4 Pro of the same length. To be sure, a 4.5" piece of an FT4 Pro is about 12g, according to my scale. So, I doubt length would account for this disparity. 

I guess where I'm lost is, if there was some sort of additional customization to the stick that would account for the weight, what is it, and where is that represented in the attached picture? 

Curious, where did you buy this stick where there's a big weight disparity? Hockey Monkey, local hockey store, sidelineswap seller?

27 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

Curious, where did you buy this stick where there's a big weight disparity? Hockey Monkey, local hockey store, sidelineswap seller?

Online Pro Stock seller based in Canada... So the opportunity for some foul play is there. It's a small, independent operation. 

Not coincidentally, the Jetspeed Control was made exclusively for Source For Sports. This lends credence to where and how the stick was sourced, and perhaps why @PBH doesn't have one.

If there was some fraud, I'm not necessarily saying it was intentional. From discussions with them, they are saying - or at least acting like - it was an honest mistake. However, they are adhering to their belief that its an actual FT4 Pro, and not just painted as one. 

I just want to get to the bottom of it. I care less about motive.

Edited by pgeorgan
  • Like 1

A pro player might have an FT4 Pro (or any stick) made to his spec and sometimes they want it heavier. If you get pro stock...ask for a weight before you buy otherwise you take your chances. 

• Like 1

I've corresponded with what sounds like the same seller about similar sticks. Seller is convinced they are actual FT4 Pros instead of Team or SMU builds based on how they are painted - despite the codes and manufacturing location code not pointing to them being actual FT4 Pros - and prices them as such. Buyer beware, I suppose, but you can open a dispute on SidelineSwap with evidence that the sticks aren't as advertised.

On 3/25/2022 at 9:08 AM, Winger19 said:

I've corresponded with what sounds like the same seller about similar sticks. Seller is convinced they are actual FT4 Pros instead of Team or SMU builds based on how they are painted - despite the codes and manufacturing location code not pointing to them being actual FT4 Pros - and prices them as such. Buyer beware, I suppose, but you can open a dispute on SidelineSwap with evidence that the sticks aren't as advertised.

Same seller as whom sold to me? 

I did not go through Sideline Swap. I usually do. 

Besides what I mentioned previously, do you have any info to add on the "codes and manufacturing location not pointing to them being actually FT4 Pros" ? I'd like to learn a little more, if possible. 

Thanks. 

Edited by pgeorgan

On 3/22/2022 at 11:55 AM, pgeorgan said:

On a side note, "Jetspeed Custom" does yield a few results on Sideline Swap. The codes match what I have. Their asking price is far more reasonable for what you'd expect on a Team stick. 

Edited by pgeorgan

on a somewhat related topic to the ccm ft4 pro, is there a retail stick shortage?  none of the big online retailers have much, if any selection of Jetspeed ft4 pro sticks in stock

11 minutes ago, jeffg said:

on a somewhat related topic to the ccm ft4 pro, is there a retail stick shortage?  none of the big online retailers have much, if any selection of Jetspeed ft4 pro sticks in stock

I asked the same thing to hockeystickman.com ( or pro stock hockey.com .....cant remember who ) and they basically said yes, they have less inventory than years past.  Teams and players seem to be holding on to gear just in case.

I have to imagine that within the next 6-12 months, things normalize a bit

Edited by noupf

2 hours ago, jeffg said:

FT5 is about to be released isn’t it? While there are shortages across the board, I’d imagine retailers aren’t restocking inventory to get ready for the new model

• Like 1

FT4 Pro were hard to find back in late summer due to material shortages and what not (and from CCM pushing the Trigger 6 by that point from what I was told by a couple of people who work in shops), they'd def be hard to find now.  Also like Westside said, the FT5 is coming out very soon so any FT4 production that ight have been going on probably stopped a while ago.

3 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

FT4 Pro were hard to find back in late summer due to material shortages and what not (and from CCM pushing the Trigger 6 by that point from what I was told by a couple of people who work in shops), they'd def be hard to find now.  Also like Westside said, the FT5 is coming out very soon so any FT4 production that might have been going on probably stopped a while ago.

There was a few reasons why the FT4 Pro was released and then CCM stopped manufacturing repeats and moved on to the Trigger 6. 

Long story short, The FT5 Pro is more durable, better balanced, and looks significantly better than the FT4 Pro. I personally would wait a few months unless you need a stick immediately.