Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hockeydad3

Broken tendon guard

“How used are they, and are they really worth saving?”

Would be the first questions I’d ask. What size are they? If they’re relatively new and the tendon guard broke, I’d assess how they’re being treated and handled. 

I’ve seen aftermarket repairs, but by the time you get them and have them installed, you’d be well on your way to a replacement pair. 

• Like 1

Someone asked this somewhere else recently and I started thinking how one might actually repair it, my only guess was an old school shoe repair shop, those old school guys can fix anything lol

Use some plastic bucket. Cut the appropriate piece from it. Use hair dryer to set appropriate shape, and then use duct tape to fix the shape while cooling.

Cut the stitches on the tendon guard, unglue the plastic piece from the liner and remove it. Insert your new piece, fix it with t-nut and flat screw. Glue and stitch the liner back

Edited by Bolgar
  • Like 1

I’ve had them repaired at local shops twice, and it was like $20, ten years ago. Mine weren’t all the way off, just ripped(?) partially through right where it connects to the boot. 

Still not sure what random bad luck made it happen. It was like twice in a year on two different skates. I don’t use the tendon guard to take them on or off. Never had it happen since.