Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hidious

"Old" man hates change and the stick market seems completely different 10 years later. Help. (old T90, Easton Drury!?))

7 hours ago, flip12 said:

Does that help?

I do use the heel curve capabilities of an X28 when I use one.

It doesn't help, because if we're using pics again, I can show you this. A transition from a p6 to p29 to p28, and to me, it shows even more clearly how the p6 is differs. The p29 and p28 at the heel look similar, but then, when the p6 shows up, there's an obvious offset that occurs.

7jcNHhj.gif

34 minutes ago, puckpilot said:

It doesn't help, because if we're using pics again, I can show you this. A transition from a p6 to p29 to p28, and to me, it shows even more clearly how the p6 is differs. The p29 and p28 at the heel look similar, but then, when the p6 shows up, there's an obvious offset that occurs.

Did you look at the gif I made? The sticks lined up (the angles weren't as misaligned as it looked from the static image), there was no glare obscuring the geometry, it's a better Drury to compare with (as I previously mentioned), and the pictures weren't all over the place. You haven't addressed any of the flaws in what you're showing. Adding P29 to the mix does nothing to clarify at all. Look back at the gif I made and tell me what you see.

5 hours ago, flip12 said:

Did you look at the gif I made? The sticks lined up (the angles weren't as misaligned as it looked from the static image), there was no glare obscuring the geometry, it's a better Drury to compare with (as I previously mentioned), and the pictures weren't all over the place. You haven't addressed any of the flaws in what you're showing. Adding P29 to the mix does nothing to clarify at all. Look back at the gif I made and tell me what you see.

Yes, I did look, and if you look at the top edge of the blade, specifically the heel, you can see it straighten and bow back out as it flips. It's most noticeable on the back edge of the blade. Putting in the p29 shows a transition from a heel curve to a toe curve, showing the differences and similarities between a heel curve, a mid curve and a toe curve, and see those differences and similarities migrate through a transition from heel to toe curve. Also the photos your using, I don't think they're any better than the ones I'm using. One's faded way out and one's way dark, making difficult to pick out the details and differences. The devil's in the details.  

Also, you did you look at the videos I posted and hear the part where the creator of the curve describes the heel as fairly straight?

On 5/4/2022 at 8:05 PM, puckpilot said:

Yes, I did look, and if you look at the top edge of the blade, specifically the heel, you can see it straighten and bow back out as it flips. It's most noticeable on the back edge of the blade. Putting in the p29 shows a transition from a heel curve to a toe curve, showing the differences and similarities between a heel curve, a mid curve and a toe curve, and see those differences and similarities migrate through a transition from heel to toe curve. Also the photos your using, I don't think they're any better than the ones I'm using. One's faded way out and one's way dark, making difficult to pick out the details and differences. The devil's in the details.  

Also, you did you look at the videos I posted and hear the part where the creator of the curve describes the heel as fairly straight?

Not sure if you are understanding the point flip12 is trying to make. Look at the shafts of the sticks in your gif. You will see that the shaft moves considerable, making the image very difficult to make an accurate comparison on blade. My apologies if you are understanding that.

Ultimately whether a blade difference is significant or not depends on the individual and their preferences.

1 hour ago, Davideo said:

Not sure if you are understanding the point flip12 is trying to make. Look at the shafts of the sticks in your gif. You will see that the shaft moves considerable, making the image very difficult to make an accurate comparison on blade. My apologies if you are understanding that.

Ultimately whether a blade difference is significant or not depends on the individual and their preferences.

I understand that, but don't you think its a bit unfair to point to the pictures I use and say they have flaws therefore they don't count. And then turn around and use pictures with just as many flaws in them to support a different point and say these count? That was the point I was trying to make with my follow up posts. Faded and overly dark pictures make it difficult to make comparisons too as well as photos with one stick tilted to the right closing the blade and one stick tilted left opening the blade up. And flawed as they are, I believe the photos I used illustrated the differences in the blades.

But hey, that's fine. If flip12 and I don't agree, we don't agree. I did follow up with a post that agreed that pictures are flawed and if we can't use pictures to support our points, then we have to agree to disagree.

This doesn't solve the T90 issue but as someone who's evidently even more of a stick dinosaur than the original poster (P15/H15/D15 Heel curve and 100-105 flex) I've had the best luck just keeping an eye on sideline swap or the various sites that sell past-season pro-stock sticks. I may have to change eventually but buying batches means that'll be a while. 

• Like 1

Hey gang, 

Its been a number of years since I retired the first time. I have now decided to jump back in the mix and noticed what you all have been discussing here. The lack of curves, Heel curves in particular. I have searched high and low for the W12 Pavalski retail curve. This was what I made the switch to from the P89 / Darby when those became near impossible and I actually fell in love with the W12 curve. Never the less, like you all I'm hell bent on getting these and have reached out to Pro stock hockey sticks to make me a mold for them seeing as how Warrior will no longer take custom orders even for a dozen sticks. Or at least that's what the person on the chat told me. If any of you have a work around with Warrior I would love to hear it before I drop over a grand on a mold of a pattern that already exists with a company that is still around. 

Here is a Drury (Sherwood clone PP20), I've never use it so no idea how close it is.

https://www.purehockey.com/product/sher-wood-code-iv-composite-hockey-stick-senior/itm/42203-41/

This warrior W05 looks Druryish also

https://www.purehockey.com/product/warrior-covert-qre-10-grip-composite-hockey-stick-senior/itm/41397-41/

The T90 or the current version at least still exists, there's some on the monkey site right now but no heel curves.

I've not worked in a hockey shop for a minute but when I did we could order direct from the manufacturer if it was something they still made. 

Warrior, Sherwood, and True all make heel curves I believe so any authorized retailer should be able to order you up one.

We used to get a catalogue every season that showed what was available. 

Edited by chanxebyshev