Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
shoot_the_goalie

Messing around with a CCM FT4 Pro

Hey all.  Question for those who've used an FT4 Pro.

Got to play around with one the other day, and while it has a phenomenal release and is insanely light, I found to have a lot of trouble stick handling and catching passes with it.

I usually use a Super Tacks AS2 Pro; The FT4 is the same blade, same flex, same length, etc.

Would the more "dampened" blade be the culprit here?  Or the kick point?

On 5/7/2022 at 12:34 AM, shoot_the_goalie said:

Hey all.  Question for those who've used an FT4 Pro.

Got to play around with one the other day, and while it has a phenomenal release and is insanely light, I found to have a lot of trouble stick handling and catching passes with it.

I usually use a Super Tacks AS2 Pro; The FT4 is the same blade, same flex, same length, etc.

Would the more "dampened" blade be the culprit here?  Or the kick point?

Those sticks are significantly different. Shaft shape, kick point, blade design, weight. All of these things could influence stick handling and catching passes.

• Like 1

Played around with the FT4 again yesterday.  I think it's definitely the dampened blade that I'm not used to.  The feel and response from the stiff ST blade is worlds different from the FT4.  Not saying the FT4 blade is bad...just not something I'm used to.  With the FT4 I was losing pucks a bit more receiving passes, and flip/sauce passes were a little tougher for me.  However, the puck comes off so much hotter on the FT4 than the ST, with less effort.  So I'm gonna keep playing around with it as I can.  Love the release and wondering if I could adapt to the dampened blade in time.

Edited by shoot_the_goalie

I've had alot same issues with many jetspeed line sticks - and i cannot to adapt. Same problems with stickhandling, slapshot.. with almost everithing. In the end, i've dropped it and switch back to ribcors and vapors.