Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
iceman8310

What gloves are these?

Looks like Bauer is blacked out and there's a big V.  Part of sponsorship branding or a new bauer glove?

45c0799d71e5e92552c5b7450614a663.jpg

Getting to know new Maple Leaf Kirill Semyonov: Player Analysis, Video &  Scouting Report

Edited by iceman8310

I don't think it's either.  He's the only on the team wearing that.  To me it looks like he's purposely covering over the Bauer logo on the cuff.  Maybe some kind of protest against the company?  Maybe the "V" stands for Vladimir, as in Putin?  Or maybe it's some kind of added slash protection added over the cuffs? It's strange for sure.

Edited by psulion22

"Russia’s use of Z and V symbols has been used interchangeably, with ‘V’ also used in graphics to stand for ‘victory’ in Putin’s military campaign.

But it has also been closely aligned with the phrase “Сила правде” meaning “Power of Truth” and “задача будет выполнена”, which means “the task will be completed”.

It has been spotted on the side of Russian tanks rolling through Ukraine."

I have been looking at Avangard's gloves for a while now because they have had a lot of really weird stuff going on there. I thought it was because they had a sponsorship with certain companies but was told that was not the case.

Sorry to link my own page here... but I posted a couple collages and it shows off what I am talking about.

This one shows gloves with normal cuffs, as well as gloves painted and with blank gold cuffs, as well as gloves panted and blank red cuffs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV8c2kcJ0e1/

This one is more covered cuffs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRmDJSPAInn/

They have also had "V" on the cuffs from over a year ago (Feb 2021). So I don't think it has anything to do with current world events.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKwnwxHgbVg/

I've had it confirmed to me that it isn't a sponsorship deal, but rather the team complying with KHL restrictions of trying to make all of the gear and gloves more uniform and matching. Though the reason for the V on those specific gloves hasn't been disclosed to me.

Edited by Hills