Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Cove

AS3 v. AS3 Pro skate question

With the AS3 line going on sale Im about a week away from nabbing some new wheels. Im trying to choose between the AS3 and the AS3 pro. I miss when we had the catalogues on the forum but thats what ever at this point. How different are the skates? I know the steel is different but Ill be buying new step anyway so lets remove that. From a materials, weight, and moldability perspective how different or similar are we? 

Thanks in advance boys. 

Looks like every part is different.

SUPREME 3S PRO SKATE SENIOR

Level
Elite
Upgrades
TUUK LS Pulse Edge runner with power profile, Asymmetrical toe cap, Reflex tongue, Reflex tendon guard
Sizes
7-12 full and half / FIT 1, FIT 2, FIT 3
Quarter Package
3D Lasted Curv Composite
Lining Material
Lock Fit
Ankle Padding
AEROFOAM +
Tongue Construction
Reflex
Tendon Guard
Reflex Pro 52 Oz Classic Felt
Footbed
Lock Fit
Thermoformable
Anaform upper
Outsole
Composite
Runner
LS "New 3" HP Coated
Toe
ASYMMETRICAL

SUPREME 3S SKATE SENIOR

Level
Performance
Upgrades
LS+ Steel with Power Profile, 3D lasted flex composite, 48 OZ felt with exposed inj metatarsal guard, Form Fit+ with memory foam comfort
Sizes
7-12 full and half sizes/ FIT 1, FIT 2, FIT 3 (7-10.5 full and half), INTERMEDIATE 1057162 4-6.5 FULL AND HALF SIZES / FIT1, FIT2, FIT3
Quarter Package
3D Lasted Flex Composite
Lining Material
Hydrophobic Microfiber
Ankle Padding
Aerofoam
Tongue Construction
48 Oz Felt With Exposed Inj Metatarsal Guard
Footbed
Form Fit + With Memory Foam Comfort
Thermoformable
Thermoformable
Outsole
Pro TPU
Runner
LS1 with Power Profile
Toe
Regular

On 5/13/2022 at 1:06 PM, Cove said:

With the AS3 line going on sale Im about a week away from nabbing some new wheels. Im trying to choose between the AS3 and the AS3 pro. I miss when we had the catalogues on the forum but thats what ever at this point. How different are the skates? I know the steel is different but Ill be buying new step anyway so lets remove that. From a materials, weight, and moldability perspective how different or similar are we? 

Thanks in advance boys. 

I have the AS3 pro, have tried on the AS3. Going from memory here - AS3 pro is:- stiffer (210 versus the 190 AS3), has XS black steel (which wasn't that bad imho), more padding in the ankle area, is 30g? lighter, the liner is different with more abrasive high wear areas, upgraded tongue (metatonic tongue is meant to give better wrap around the foot and improve forward flex), outsole is full carbon.

These are the main points I remember, there may be others. I thought the differences were significant.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:17 PM, Vet88 said:

I have the AS3 pro, have tried on the AS3. Going from memory here - AS3 pro is:- stiffer (210 versus the 190 AS3), has XS black steel (which wasn't that bad imho), more padding in the ankle area, is 30g? lighter, the liner is different with more abrasive high wear areas, upgraded tongue (metatonic tongue is meant to give better wrap around the foot and improve forward flex), outsole is full carbon.

These are the main points I remember, there may be others. I thought the differences were significant.

Just a small correction, but the CCM catalogs list AS3 Pro as having a 215 on their index scale. 

The upcoming AS5 Pro has a 215 as well, and the previous generation AS1 had a 205 on the stiffness rating.     

Edited by CaptainCharisma